Lunch Time Rush

AlisonRose

Not sure how to put her own words into thoughts Rarity decided now would be a good time to step away from her work and take some time out to have lunch. Luckily for her with her hunt for a date going on she had several lunch visits scheduled. The first was Saffron Masala, a friend that she had helped out previous. While it was quite interesting that she would come and try for the chance at being Rarity's date she was more so excited to simply see her again. Rarity knew she would have to push these thoughts out of her mind once she started the actual evaluation part of the process but for now a little catching up never hurt anypony.

Rarity stood outside of the boutique in a very simple summer dress, it was white with light blue straps on it and even came with matching shoes that had bows on them and stockings. A rather simple white and light blue pressed fabric flower piece held her curls back from her mane as well as finished off her look. She knew that taking introductory dates at lunch time would mean busier stores or whatever they went to do but with only so many hours in the day Rarity knew that it had to be done.

SaffronBanner2_zpsi4zxqvca.jpg

Saffron was very nervous of what was happening now, though not due to the actions of anypony else. She was having a lunch date with the Rarity of Ponyville, the same Rarity who helped her out in the Canterlot city. That should be pleasant, but what was more important to her was making sure her recipes were on point. She didn't want to let a good potential friend pony down because she managed to do poorly one of the things she was supposed to be good at, yes? Especially one who had helped her so much. In fact it was because of previous helping that she even had the possibility of paying back the kindness gap.

The Tasty Treat had been doing fantastic since Rarity left. It was now one of the trendy hotspots in the Canterlot city! It would never actually compete annually with many other places, but their overhead wasn't as bad either and so they made- what was the term- buckoo bits? Yes, anyway- they made lots of bits. So much so that after Saffron trained some cooks to handle The tasty Treat, she looked into expanding it into other city towns. And what better place than the town famed for friendliness, that little town hamlet of Ponyville? So she had taken a healthy chunk of the finances and moved into Ponyville, doing location scouting and ingredient testing. Soon there would be a new Tasty Treat!

New because even though she would be bringing a lot of what worked from the Canterlot location and what she remembered loving from her youth, she would be trying to bring in the local flavor. Ingredients were important to this, as was the proper recipe. She had a great deal riding on this and was of the very great excitement, so when the opportunity arose for a lunch date meeting with Rarity, she took it- not really knowing what lunch date meant. She was just excited to meet her friendly friend pony Rarity!

When she arrived she arrived without being too dressed up, though she always dressed well enough to pass in a high-casual sense. On the flanks she had a harness that contained several pots on both sides, each one kept locked in place and tightly sealed. Some contained soups and othrs various ingredients, everything was kept warm and fresh- this enchanted harness cost a bit to construct and a lot to make, but it allowed her to cook with the freshest ingredients in the field. With a broad and joyful smile she approached Rarity.

“Rarity! I am so happy to see you!” she said, throwing a friendly arm in for a hug, “you look fantastic! Your own design, no doubt?”

oUloYCr.png

With a huge grin on her face Rarity gladly accepted the hug, it had been FAR too long since she had seen her friend.

"Oh it very much is!" She giggled softly. "Designed for just an occasion. To be dressed up but still simple." She nodded a few times before taking in Saffron's attire. "And I see you are still dressed for business, would you like to leave that here?" She waved a hoof at Saffron's harness. She wasn't sure what they were going to get into today but she knew there would be no need for extra baggage.

"Have you eaten yet darling?" Rarity asked just in time as her stomach reminded her that in fact, she herself hadn't eaten once today. She had been far to focused on work with Valen and getting him all fitted for his next few shows. Rarity had also planned to take Saffron to a very special place, Zecora herself had informed Rarity of some gorgeous glowing flowers that were glowing in the Everfree. With Saffron here who knew if she could use them in the Tasty Treat or at all. It was worth a shot. "Maybe we grab a snack then I show you something rather new around town?" She waved her hoof at all of the new stores and buildings that had begone to pop up all over Ponyville. "There is plenty to look at and do now a days here. I do miss the quiet but I am very glad to see Ponyville grow as it has." She bowed her head a bit as she spoke, flipping her mane from her face.

Oh yes, Saffron understood completely this dressing up simply! She had a wardrobe full of designs for the dressing up yet trying to remain simple and plain looking. Attraction without all of the disconcerting effort that made you look like you were trying too hard. That was unattractive most of the time! What made Rarity designs so popular in the Equestria city and towns was that each and every one had such elegance and beauty to them, yet they didn't look to be stealing attentions in a search for vanity. Though the second half of what she opened with drew her confused stare, coaxing it out like a snake charmer.

“Business?” Saffron asked, following Rarity's gaze. Oh, she meant the food! Saffron laughed. What a silly friend Rarity was. “Oh, that! Rarity, did you not hear the good news? I am building new tasty treat here in Ponyville! I was testing all of the local flavor and spices to give this tasty treat its own identity, separate from Canterlot Tasty Treat!" She said proudly, then jiggling the containers. "I have these made special. Like a small mobile kitchen, I can always test and experiment and create. It sort of fails after a few hours, but that is enough. Why today, I make over three new soups! Well, good ones. Two more- not that great, Rarity my friend!" She said excitedly, the topic moving to food.

"I have not had a meal per se Rarity, but- oh, and I use per se correctly?- but Rarity, I have had several sort of small bowls of my new soups. Maybe we go where you want, and then we can share some soup after? Because I am very excited about this soup and spending all of the good times with you! I would love to see all of the new things in the Ponyville town," She said with a bright smile, trotting alongside her good pony friend Rarity. This was shaping up to be a wonderful lunch with a great friend, and she was sure to show her good friend Rarity a good time as well. Truly a great two for one, and by that she meant two ponies coming together for one great time!

waxsOiG.png

Rarity giggled loudly. She couldn't help it when she was with Saffron. She always had this relaxed, simple, but funny aura about her.

"You did use it correctly my dear." Rarity said with a large grin on her face, it was nice to see someone other than herself taking interest in the fine arts of linguistics. "Oh my, that does seem really clever and handy!" Rarity said taking a closer inspection on the apparatus on her friend Saffron. "Congratulations on opening your new store!" Rarity was genuinely happy to hear that many more stores and places were opening up in Ponyville and the surrounding area. Meant that she didn't have to fight so hard to get the things she needed for her outfits and enchantments. Her stomach rumbled again, this time a bit more audible. She knew that skipping dinner last night and breakfast this morning was a horrible idea but fashion shows didn't have to stop and eat so why should she. Luckily for now she wasn't working on a fashion show set, merely fitting a very close friend into them for the show.

"Well, how about we go inside and maybe try some of your soup? Or would you rather I take you to see something special first." Rarity grinned largely as she waved her hoof about showing off the new store-front to the Boutique. It had an all new front, complete with new mannequins and attire.

Going inside and trying out the new soups was her tippy top of the priorities, but Saffron wasn't here for her. She was here for her friend, and her friend had special things to show her an special things to Rarity were very special and great things to be very sure. She was so busy and the meeting for the lunch they were having today was as much for Saffron as anypony else of course and she had to make sure Rarity had a great time. And that meant- well, they could eat soup in a hurricane but if Rarity had the fun things to show, then Saffron was going to see the shown fun things. Plus she was still wondering what to start their soupy lunch with! Dalithoy over rice was always nice. She had a nice Rasam ready to go. What she was most proud of was a uniue local take on the Sambar! Oooh, hoe exciting- but first, the special fun thing from her friend pony Rarity!

"Oh, the special sounds very exciting, Rarity. I wouldn't dream of not having the special with you as soon as possible!" She said, an earnest smile spread broad as she imagined what it could be. Of course she was also wondering what ponies like her would like in a local flavor but she seemed so metro that the advice may be a bit more big city than she wanted. Maybe she needed to talk to Applejack, the farmer friend of Rarity. She might have some down home advice for what appealed to the local folks that she could us at the Tasty Treat. "Lead on, Rarity. And while we go, answer me this if you could- would you prefer a Rasam or a Sambar for lunch?" She asked, mind racing with all the wonderful possibilities.

Archived