Evening Practice [See: Rarity Needs a Date OOC]

AlisonRose

oUloYCr.png

After a long day at the local fashion shows in Canterlot Rarity didn't have much left to do other then to meet with her date for this evening. Checking her list a few times she nodded. The date was Fluttershy, interesting. Rarity didn't know how to take this, she really wasn't planning on having any of her closest friends try out for this. She wasn't against it by any means, it did give her a great excuse to actually not find a date and just spend time with her friends, something that she quite enjoyed.

"Oh I do hope that I'm not late." She said after quickly checking the time piece that was in her saddlebags. She had a few minutes before she had to meet Fluttershy at the Canterlot Royal Gardens. It was a typical Fluttershy meeting point, plants, animals, nature, all good things. The air was a little warm heading into this evening as the wind blew across Rarity. She let out a soft sigh before beginning her trot towards the meeting place reminding herself that work would have to wait since she had a schedule to meet.

"My dear Fluttershy I am so sorry that I am late!" Rarity said as she burst through the gate of the Royal Gardens into the small private section that she had reserved for the two to start their evening in. With a quick look around she didn't see Fluttershy, or anyone for that matter. Was she so late that Fluttershy had simply moved on? She checked her time piece again and to her amazement she wasn't actually that late. She took a deep breath and slowly inched her way into the area taking a survey.

The whole place was surrounded by hedges to keep it quiet and secluded, a small fountain in the middle with its running water the only thing breaking the utter silence or the space. To the left of the fountain was a few stone benches, torches lit in a sort of romantic style on either side of them. But what was this? Rarity moved to the benches and sat down, next to her was a small box of

"Chocolates?" Rarity asked herself as she took the lid off. When she had booked this space she didn't think that they would have gone this far. On top of the chocolates was a note written in a very familiar style.

I am very glad that you choose to rent this space Rarity, as you can guess I know exactly what its for. The note started. Rarity let out a little chuckle as she kept reading.
I'm also glad that out of everyone you have picked Fluttershy to share this evening with. I have included chocolates as well as two tickets to the fireworks tonight. Hope you enjoy your evening together.

Yours truly,
Princess Celestia

Rarity knew that Celestia would have caught wind of Rarity trying to find a date for the event that she won tickets for, but she didn't expect her to know who and where she would be having her 'pre-dates' as she had been calling them. Twilight must have tipped her off.

Image result for fluttershy banner

"Oh...my..." Fluttershy's soft voice floated through the gardens. 

She had arrived a little early to the Royal Gardens knowing she would want a chance to look around. Fluttershy just couldn't help it! She was completely enraptured with everything that had to do with this special place. Sure, long ago she had come to odds with some of the wild life in the surrounding hedges and meadows but that was in the past. Since then she had visited numerous times and the fauna of the gardens had come to love the kind and soft spoken mare.

At the moment Fluttershy's attention was focused on evening fireflies that had come out to dance about. It was just so magical! The sun had recently set, a soft warm breeze caressed the air, and she was enveloped by the sweet splendor of the nature! That was until...

"Oh no...Rarity!" She blinked. "I'm sorry I can't stay to see your whole dance. I'm sure it will be just as wonderful as what I've seen so far! You are all so lovely and so talented." 

If fireflies could smile they would have done so at the honest gesture.

Fluttershy made her way to the arranged meeting location at a fast trot. She turned the edge of the hedgerow leading into the alcove and sucked in a breath.

"Oh dear..." The mare fidgeted for a bit, blowing her forelocks out of her face. Her blue eyes sparkled in the torch light as she glanced at Rarity. The unicorn had her back to her and in a moment of shock Fluttershy realized this was the mare she was going to be on a date with!

She had always liked Rarity. She was beautiful and charming and lovely. She was also one of Fluttershy's best friends. The pegasus' brain faltered as she looked at her friend a bit differently than she ever had before. Rarity really was...well...a rarity.

Fluttershy felt her cheeks blush. She tried to get herself back into the finely groomed form she had been in when she left her cottage. But, she had been prancing about the gardens chasing butterflies and fireflies for quite a bit of time. Crawling on the lawns to get a better view when needed. Searching around in leafy bows so as not to miss every opportunity to bond with nature. 

The pegasus tried to calm herself, at least enough to get her blush to die down. When she felt composed enough she softly cleared her throat.

"Uh hmmm..." The blush returned full force. "H-hello Rarity!" She offered in the friendliest way she could, not at all aware of the few leaves still entangled in her lovely pink mane. 

oUloYCr.png

Rarity jumped a bit when she heard the soft voice of Fluttershy, her date had arrived! Without even thinking Rarity grabbed one of the chocolates from the box and shoved it into Fluttershy's mouth.

"You have GOT to try these." Rarity said a small smudge of chocolate on her muzzle as she giggled softly. She took out a small cloth and wiped herself clean. The note sitting in Rarity's lap fell to the grass. "Celestia sent these for us herself. Someone told her we were going on a date." She let out a more audible giggle this time. Even though they had both ended up being late to their initial meetup it all worked out in the end. With a wink Rarity stood up and faced her Pegasus date with a large grin.

"Well, now that that is out of the way. What did you want to do on our date Sweetheart?" Rarity asked in a rather calm and cute tone. It was the very giddy and girly side of Rarity that came out tonight. Her date, gorgeous herself, was one of her closest friends so it was hard for Rarity to not feel rather at ease around her. The unicorn's own mind ran rampant with thoughts of things that Fluttershy might have had planned for the two of them, a fancy dinner, a nature walk, woodland creature fashion show? Who knew. Rarity knew that whatever it was that it would be a great time.

"And don't you say a word about being late Missy. You needent worry, I was late myself." She nodded a few times as she leaned forward close to Fluttershy and began to pick out the leaves and sticks still caught in her mane. "Looks like you might need a spa day after your little romp in the gardens huh?" Rarity said with another giddy chuckle. Being the fashionista and all around 'image coach' of her friends meant that she sometimes would forget what she is doing to make sure that her target looked and felt their best.

• 2 weeks later...

Image result for fluttershy banner

GLOMP!

A chocolate was shoved into Fluttershy's muzzle. Though it was a rather tasty treat indeed Fluttershy had trouble swallowing it down. Her cheeks turned red once again and she had to turn to the side for a moment. Finally she finished the morsel and turned back towards her friend.

"Oh dear... well, that was quite nice of the Princess!" The pegasus stammered. 

Why was she feeling this way tonight? She had spent so much time with Rarity over the years, why was tonight so different. Every time the unicorn moved Fluttershy found herself blushing and her heart racing. She had to try to get herself under control.

When Rarity took the leaves from her mane Fluttershy giggled. "Yes, I guess I could use a spa date soon..." She took a slight step back, her eyes sparkling. "Y-you look really nice tonight Rarity. But then again...you always look nice." She smiled a slightly coy smile.

She was happy to answer the question about the plans for their date. "Well, I've got lots of things planned...I just hope you like them..."

The mare nodded towards the exit of the gardens. "Come with me," She smiled. "I've got a special place to show you!"

waxsOiG.png

Rarity without question got up and began to follow Fluttershy. She was rather happy in this setting. A nice relaxing evening with one of her friends was always a good way to end the day.

"And you look gorgeous yourself too darling." Rarity replied, a grin on her face as she took a barrette from her bag and pinned one of her curls out of her face. It had been quite troublesome recently and frankly she was tired of flipping it from her face. "I'm glad you have plans," Rarity let out a soft giggle, "when it came to this I really had no idea what to do. I was thinking of nature walks, animal watching, maybe even having a giant bubble bath with otters." Rarity trailed on listing more and more ideas about Fluttershy and animals while she let Fluttershy walk them somewhere. Coming back to reality Rarity looked around as she almost bumped square into the backside of her date.

"I'm sure that whatever it is we are doing together it will make for a great evening."

Archived