My Little Academia [Sign-Up in OOC]

Kahoot

Magenta Ace raised her hoof, getting ready to continue her lecture when a knock at the door interrupted her. Her lips curled up into a grin that was anything but friendly, she turned towards the door and sighed, "I believe I forgot to take attendance... I wonder who this might be~!" The mentor trotted "happily" over to the door and opened it suddenly, the door slamming into the wall and causing a loud THUD noise.

Magenta stared the unfamiliar face down, recognizing the school uniform and her grin became wider, "Ah, I don't know who you are, yet... But welcome to Class 1-A!" Ace stepped aside and allowed the young Qilin to step in, her monotone, yellow eyes looking at her students who already knew what this new face would be up against. Magenta closed the door and trotted to her desk, whipping out a clipboard of attendance, "Silly me~! It seems I DID  forget to take attendance." Little did everyone know, she had in fact taken attendance this morning.

One by one she called out the listed names, "Moonlight Dawn... And... Oh, you must be LanFa?" Ace questioned, walking up to the student and chuckling, "Well, since you're new... I suppose we should all go over the rules together - Once again." Ace pointed to the board where her name was still written, "I am Miss Ace, Magenta Ace... My hero name is Shocker and I am one of the Top Ten heroes of Musutafu." She proudly stated with a smile, "These are your classmates, they will gladly tell you how I run things around here."

Magenta ushered the young student to her seat beside Moonlight Dawn, "Everyone! Let us recall our activities for today and explain protocols to Lan Fa, what happens to those who slack? And don't worry about raising your hooves, just shout it out."

((*Le gasp* HANDS ARE CANON NOW!!!! :o))]

Moonlight examined the mare that had entered the room. Strange, she was late. Perhaps she hadn't gotten her uniform yet, or something in that area. Moonlight groaned silently as they wen't over the rules once again. This was quite boring, so she just sat this one out. What she means is to just not speak and wait for the time to pass. As it did, Moonlight paid attention as different ponies explained what they had done so far. Perhaps it was time to speak. "We did our statistics..?" Moonlight mumbled, a little too quietly. Hopefully Ace could actually hear her, or it would be a bit embarrassing to have to repeat it again. 

Lan Fa heard hoofsteps from the other side before the door suddenly slammed open. The qilin stayed unfazed, though it was surprising that a teacher would do that. She walked into the classroom and stood upfront, looking at each of her classmates. Everyone looked strong with interesting quirks, this will be great. Lan Fa nodded slightly to the teacher and to the other students. "Pleasure to meet you all." she said before taking her seat. So far the teacher, Miss Ace, seemed to be rather interesting. 

She looked to the mare next to her who answered Miss Ace's question, though she was almost inaudible. The qilin looked at her for a while, before looking back at the teacher.

Magenta Ace gave a faint glare but masked it with her usual eerier grin, "No, no, no~! You are all missing the point... Statistics were a major part she missed and will have to make up for it, perhaps later today..." Magenta walked towards her desk and clicked her tongue, "As we all know, Miss Ace simply will not STAND  tardiness, slacking, and most importantly... Those who are at the bottom. I would expect you all to remember the dreadful laps a few of you had to run, hm?" Magenta walked towards Lan Fa, put her hoof down on the student's desk, "Anyways, I will pardon you for today, but please do not be late next time... For every hour that passes when you're tardy, will equal Twenty Laps. A few of your fellow classmates had to run Forty today, and one had to run Ten." Ace looked at Moonlight when she said this.

"Anyways~ I am simply shaping you all into real heroes, heroes do not have time to be tardy otherwise it will cost a life, maybe two or three... You need to be READY." She put slammed her hoof down on the desk before backing away, "Heroes are meant to save, we can't slack around! You signed up the to become heroes and I will make you heroes, even if it means making you run across the country~!" Ace spun around and sighed, "Oh dear, it seems I am worked up again..." She chuckles and shakes her head, "Let's continue with our day, shall we? Lan Fa, why are you tardy?"

Moonlight watched her Mentor babble and talk nonstop. Of course she listened on what she had to say, but as she informed Lan Fe the consequences, Moonlight got bored and gazed out the window for a bit. After a few minutes she turned her attention back to the teacher as she mentioned her only doing ten laps. Moonlight wanted to smirk at this, but she didn't want to draw any sort of attention, so she simply nodded. Hopefully they would get to do something interesting soon that involved quirks. Her brain kept telling her to do something, or maybe play around with her quirk, but all she could do was pay attention. 'Patience, soon you may play around,' she told herself.

Lan Fa eyed the hoof on her desk, but did not budge in her seat. Was Miss Ace trying to intimidate her? Or was she just being...herself? Either way, she still didn't understand her teacher. If she wanted to continue with the day, why was she wasting time asking her questions? "As an exchange student, I needed to visit the office before class to receive my uniforms and class schedule, as well as a brief overview of the school and it's policies. I do not see how this is my fault, though I apologize and thank you for your pardon. I will not do it again." she bowed her head slightly before looking back up at her teacher. The ponies in this country are strange, but in order for Lan Fa to survive, she must adapt. 

Magenta Ace narrowed her monotone eyes that seemed to just be a void in some emotionless black hole, none the less, she moved away from her students and began to think. She could see the boredom in the eyes of a majority of the student, although, the very few "Teacher's Pet" type of students were all ears and eyes, ready for anything. Magenta stayed quiet for a while, staring at the chalkboard for what seemed to be forever. She suddenly turned and cleared her throat, "Since Lan Fa still needs to get her statistics down, I suppose we shall return to the training ground - I'll be kind just for today and allow those who didn't leave with satisfactory grades to retest, that means... Those who are below exactly Ten, you have the choice of redeeming yourself - That said, everyone please make your way outside in an orderly fashion."

The Sandlot was just like they left it, partially... Just as they returned, Class 1-B was leaving, Class 1-B is the second class going through the hero course. This means they're Class 1-A's rivals, to some extent. Ace pulled up the leaderboard and started from the bottom, calling out the names of those who received less than her high expectations, "Moonlight Dawn... And Lan Fa will be taking her test now - Alright, every pony, you know the drill! Just like earlier, those who want to retest step up and form a line to participate in the Ball Throw activity." Ace pointing to the on the ground which would mark where the first contestant to stand. She turned to her students, not many were retesting, most likely in fear of running another Forty Laps.

"Can someone please demonstrate this activity first before Lan Fa goes?"

Moonlight smiled as her teacher informed everypony about retesting. 'Finally! I can get rid of that 10.5 and maybe get in the top five..' she stayed determined and walked with everypony else to the training grounds. Moonlight had wanted to go first so she was able to get it done and over with. She breathed in deeply and breathed out slowly, then walked forward. Raising her right hoof, "I volunteer!" she announced, looking at Miss ace in the eyes with determination. She stepped forward on the x, and caught the ball. 'You can do this..focus Moonlight,'  with all her might, not using her water this time, she quickly pulled back her right hoof, and threw it. It went faster then her last throw, she smiled to herself then turned to Miss ace for her results.

Now she wants to bring the class back out? Perhaps Lan Fa was too forward and she decided to do this out of spite, though she needed her statistics anyways so it didn't matter.

Walking out into the area (now in her outdoor uniform), she starts to feel excited. She did not expect to start physical activities on the first day, though since this U.A it isn't that surprising. The first test looked like a ball throw, which looked straight forward enough. Miss Ace still asked for someone to demonstrate; unnecessary, but not unwelcomed. She watched as the mare who sat next to her volunteer. Lan Fa watched as she threw the ball before looking back at Miss Ace.

Magenta hadn't been physically paying attention because by the time her students turned to her to see the results. She was relaxing in a fold-out chair, sunglasses on, a smoothie in one hoof and a holographic machine in the other, although, this machine was not the same as the one earlier... The one earlier was a watch, this one was a globe-like object, "I spilled smoothie on my watch, oh well... Here are the results." She pulled up the new results, balancing out her old and new one. Her improvement was not by much but did get her to an above satisfactory score, "Good job, I like the fact you changed your technique, it's a very efficient way to boost your abilities and range of techniques if one doesn't work just try another... Lan Fa, just do what she did." Magenta took a long slurp from the straw of her cup, "Also, don't ask me how I obtained these objects, I'd rather not talk about it."

Moonlight smiled  and just stared at her teacher. She wasn't even going to ask. She walked past a few ponies and stood behind the line, watching as she waited for her to throw. From the looks of it, Lan fa seemed like a pretty good pony. Maybe later when class was over, she could speak to her and at least make one friend. Oh well. Moonlight waited a bit impenitently to head down to the next task. 

A chair with sunglasses on...that can't be normal even in a foreign country. No time to think about it though, it was her turn next. Lan Fa steps up to the cross and slides a hoof back. She pulls out a ball bearing and puts it between her hoof and the ball. It looked like the use of quirks were allowed in these test and the exercise is set up to be like a competition, so using her quirk would probably give her the edge she needed. With that, she magnetizes the ball bearing and brought her hoof behind her head, repelling it as much as she could from her hoof to project the ball with a lot of speed. She breathed out and brought the ball bearing back to her, turning to the teacher (who probably wasn't paying any attention) for her result. 

Magenta only watched how Lan Fa used her quirk on the ball, she came to the conclusion her quirk had something to do with metal. If Ace was honest, she hadn't taken the time to look through the applications of her students. While the ball was flying through the air, Ace became distracted yet again. She continued to slurp her smoothie, laying down in her chair while it seemed she was... Doing something with the holographic globe, nothing professional.

As soon as she felt the eyes of her students, she jumped to sit up and allowed for the machine to pull up Lan Fa's file, the numbers zoomed up quickly and stopped at a solid 800, the best yet. Magenta gave a round of applause, "It seems we have true potential, congratulations~!" Ace had forgotten yet again to mention that students weren't to use their quirks, but since the last test everyone had used there, it didn't matter now. One by one, the line became short and soon they moved on to the next task.

"Alright, I believe we all remember this... Speed. Since I am too lazy to explain, Moonlight, please demonstrate this task again... And once you're done, you and Lan Fa will be a pair for this activity, please and thank you." Magenta leaned back and poured the rest of the contents of the smoothie in her mouth, gargling slightly before swallowing.

Lan fa was impressive, seeing Miss Ace was happy with how she did. Perhaps Lan Fa was going to do good on most, if not, all of the tasks. Moonlight shook her head and nodded as she stepped in front of everypony. She was going to do better this time. Ready...Moonlight got in a stance and leaned backwards a bit, set.... her ears went against her head as she lowered her head, Go! Moonlight ran off, and was sprinting very fast. The wind blew her long mane backwards, clearing her face. A few seconds later she reached the finish line and stopped. 'Hope I did better..'she thought to herself, while trotting back. Moonlight stood straight in front of her teacher.

Lan Fa nodded as Miss Ace applauded. Looks like she did well enough to please her, but now she needs to do the same for the other tests. She stepped back again and watched the same mare from before demonstrate the next test. Running, looks straight forward enough. She looked for starting blocks and checked her hooves for horse shoes. Not made for running, but it was good enough. She took the time to think of a good strategy while she waited for her turn.

Magenta watches Moonlight and nodded with a sigh, she fiddles with the holographic machine before pulling up Moonlight's name, unfortunately, the numbers only bump up by three or four whole numbers before stopping, but an improvement is an improvement. Magenta shrugged, "It's not your fault, manipulation quirks are unique but aren't best when it comes down to agility, that's why it's best for you to practice your skills without your quirk as well, it must be balanced in order for you to improve. U.A. has a personal Gym, which is open to students at all times, including weekends as long as you show the hunky security guard your Student ID~!"

Rubbing her forehead before turning to look at Lan Fa, "Go ahead." She said and nodded her head forward, signaling for the mare to take her turn, "Try not to overwork yourselves, we still have two more tasks... I think~?"

As Moonlight examined her results, she groaned then spoke, "Its alright.." then shook her head slowly. Walking back to the back of the line, she saw a few ponies smiling. Moonlight rolled her eyes and ignored this. It didn't bother her. As she was walking, she froze, hearing 'hunky security guard,'. She felt like she was going to hurl. 'Old pony love? No thank you.' Moonlight shuddered and stood in the back of the line.

Lan Fa nodded and walked over to the track. This one should take up less of her stamina since small boost from the starting block doesn't take much. She rests her hind hooves on the starting block and breathes deeply. She magnetizes her horse shoes, giving her a small blast at the signal. She uses the momentum to shoot herself forward, covering most of the distance before she went back to a normal sprint. The horse shoes were not suited for this kind of test, so after she crossed the line, they felt a little sore. Lan Fa sighed in her head, perhaps she should have been better prepared and expected some physical activities. She had enough stamina for the next two activities, but depending on what they are, she might not be able to gain an edge from using her quirk.

Ace watched Moonlight go to the back of the line before returning her attention to Lan Fa, she narrowed her eyes and noticed the horseshoes she was wearing, she decided not to saying anything because, at this point, it wasn't even worth it... Plus, she enjoyed watching her students give it their all. The scoreboard appeared, the numbers on Lan Fa's profile staring quickly but slowing down within a few seconds. Magenta wasn't as impressed this time, but she couldn't complain since Lan Fa's quirk wasn't meant for speed, it was a manipulation quirk, "It took you 12 seconds, unfortunately, that isn't a passing grade..." The scoreboard returned to the leaderboard which hasn't change, Ace was saving the change for when everyone has retested.

The Speed test went by rather quickly, not taking long to come to an end and allow the class of unique students to move on to their next task at hand, "Alright, Balance and Focus - My favorite! As I said earlier, you will walk along this rope," She pointed to the long thick rope that outstretched about seven yards, "While doing so, I will throw stuff at you, simple~! But remember, if you fall - YOU FAIL." Magenta stood to the side and smiled excitedly, "That said, whoever wants to be the first victim, be my guest." Magenta juggled a few tennis balls in her hooves. 

Moonlight walked to the front of everypony, being the first once again. She felt confident, being that she passed this test last time and had done very well with it. Beginning, Moonlight walked up the stairs leading to the rope and began to walk slow and steady. This time, she used acrobats so she would not get hit with a tennis ball. Moonlight practiced acrobats at home for a few years, before knowing about her quirk. Making it to the end, she stepped off of the stairs and trotted to Miss Ace, standing tall.

Lan Fa shook her head. It was an unfortunate result, though she was here to improve and learn. She never really relied on running while fighting, as her style was heavily based on quick and precise movements, to conserve energy and to be more efficient. It seems to be important for this course, so she must incorporate this into her training.

The next test seemed to be more of her style, her martial arts training should prove useful to dodge those balls and stay focused. As expected, the mare from before stepped up first. She paid attention, watching to see how she will do. 

The scoreboard popped up, Magenta looking rather upset at the fact she didn't land a hit, she juggled one ball in her right hoof as her score appeared, it went up by three points for not stumbling near the end like last time. Magenta nodded for Moonlight to carry on to the back of the line, her face showing she was determined to hit the next student. Ace closed Moonlight's file and pulled up Lan Fa's, "Just try and avoid the ball, my throws are hard because I am putting all my anger into these little neon colored tennis balls~!" Ace grabbed a few more of the tennis balls, juggling them like last time as she waited for the exchange student to step up and face her doom - Unless she managed to make it across.

Moonlight grinned at Miss Ace's rather disappointed look. She wanted to point and laugh in her face, but that seemed too childish, and unformal. "Good luck!" she whispered to Lan Fa, who stood in the front of the line. Moonlight walked past the other ponies, who seemed rather nervous for this task. After all, the rope was a very skinny thread. But anyone with enough focus and skills, could manage to make it across without getting hit like she had.

Lan Fa looked at the mare who wished her good luck. Was she being earnest? Or was she taunting her? It didn't matter, the qilin was here to do her best. She went up on the stairs and place her hooves onto the rope. This wasn't going to be a problem. If this goes smoothly, she'll be able to earn enough points to cover for her failure in the previous test. She would calmly dodge the balls, careful to not rush or panic as she went along. 

The mentor eyed Moonlight as she saw her grin, she narrowed her eyes at the student and shook her head before turning back to Lan Fa. She allowed the student the first few steps without violence before she stopped juggling and suddenly threw the ball, her technique usually started with her aiming in front and behind the student to distract them in some sort of way. If that doesn't work, she moves on to doing light throws at their sides and/or shoulders, and if that doesn't work... She goes full on beast mode and starts aiming for the student themselves with hard, fast throws - Although, she didn't have the authority to throw hard enough to leave marks, that is a foul in the teaching department.

Magenta started using the first technique on Lan Fa, when she noticed it didn't do anything, she started on with the light tosses, aiming for the shoulder and side. It always bored her that she had to take such steps before actually being able to give the student a nice knock somewhere with the neon ball.

Archived