Chaos Hidden in the Leaves(Closed) (ATTN: Rexdraco)

Pretzelparty

Crying cicadas... that was the sound that Yanhua often recalled when she thought about her past in this old forest. That strangely soothing, yet distinctive call echoed for miles around in this out of way town in Long Guo's outskirts: A natural lullaby from the life all around that not all could appreciate. Long, Kirin, and longma who made had enjoyed it all so long ago had left the roads in disrepair. Plants had overtaken the originally worn down soil, Buildings she passed had fallen in a state of dilapidation, ... and she saw more than a few crows and other wildlife leaving nests in the skeletons of old houses.

"This place used to be so lively..." Muttered the palace chef as she observed the landscape around her, "Guess I don't know what I expected." There she went talking to herself again... once her friend stopped showing up during their imprisonment she'd started to pick up this habit.  So far from the capital and the other settlements, she was left entirely alone. As far as she could tell there wasn't a soul for miles and she certainly couldn't smell anyone approaching on the wind. Maybe this was one time she could relax and not have to stay in this stifling disguise of hers.

Minty green wisps surrounded the kirins form until it began to warp and shift. In the span of seconds a pony sized fox had taken her place. A breathy yawn escaped her as she stretched herself out, eight tails fanning behind her in separate directions. Coming out of that look always felt so relieving. The Fox took a deep breath of the country air and would give a nostalgic smile, wondering to herself how the old shrine looked. Ceremonies and festivals held there back in the day were one of the happiest in the town, so many costumes, elaborate dances, and lovely music... and her favorite part: the food. Of course there was unlikely to be anything of the sort in this town anymore but it couldn't hurt to see how much of her old legacy endured in the architecture!

...And it was just as bad as the rest of the town. The only parts of the ancient shrine were those bits made of stone. Statues of stone carved into a vulpine likeness had been worn down slowly by the rain and encroached upon by moss. On some level she found all this disheartening, "Can't say I'm too surprised." She muttered to herself as she leaned in towards the statue,  "Still wish they'd not rushed the muzzle when Bolin carved this. My nose is so much cuter." With a devious little chuckle she would poke the end of the statue's muzzle.

Archived