One goal, different reasons

Lady nodded as she backed up toward some rocks. They really were being followed, eh? Lady preferred avoiding confrontation, but she could hold her own in a fight. She was ready for this.

"Come on out!" Lady suddenly shouted. "I know you're there!"

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady watched as they were attacked. Seriously, were these supposed to be some kind of bandits? They were all cloaked so their faces weren't visible, but Lady had to say she would be surprised if she didn't know them all. She had been at the outlaw game for quite some time after all.

Lady evaded a number of swipes as she stared the ponies down. She smiled as she faced them. "If you're after bits, I'm afraid your out of luck, boys. My bag is currently empty." This wasn't a bluff. Lady honestly had left all money in her safe and she hadn't made any winnings from this trip yet. She had only a hooffull of bits in her bag.

"Of course, if what you're after is a fight, I'll kindly oblige you," Lady said, twisting her head and staring the ponies down. Lady would have liked to avoid a fight, but she doubted this was a possibility. They were armed and she wasn't after all.

The figures didnt respond, weapons drawn and lookin to cause trouble as they launched themslves at the two!!!

Val ducked under a swipe, and flew up betwen two swips towards his head as he scissors kicked two of them in the jaw. Landing, he gasped as he dodged to the left to avoid being sliced in two by an axe, as he head butted the cloaked being. Back flipping away, he thought "Who are these clowns? Why are they attacking us like this"? Any further thoughst were disregared, as he spun around a hoofed one in the chest before mull kicking him against a wall.

Lady gave a small sigh. Looks like avoiding a fight was out of the question at this point.

"Fine... have it your way," Lady said as she stared down one of the mad attackers rushing at her.

These guys were armed, but they also seemed slow and kind of dim. Lady one other hand was skilled at thinking quickly and moving quicker. She slid past her current attacker at the last second before he struck at her with his blade dodging him effortlessly. Then while he was still open, she jumped back and slammed her hoof into the side of his head. He fell to the ground and didn't get back up.

She smiled as she stared another of the enemies down. "Come and get me," she said, taunting.

Val gasped as he jumped over another cloaked pony when he noticed him suddenly snatch the map from his hoof. "HEY" Val shouted angrily, as he charged at the theif as he was suddenly slahsed at by the two in front.f "Shoot" he thought. Staring, he got down low as he shouted "Readsetgo"!! DAshing at high speed past the other thiefs, he headbutted the one holding the map as he snatched it in mid air. Landing, he siad "Your gona have to do better then that"!!

After letting her back hoof meet the face of another cloaked pony, Lady let her eyes find Valoren. The ones he was sparring from seemed to have their eyes on the map he was carrying.

Lady smiled. Was this the confirmation that this pony, and by extension the treasure he was after, was for real? The thought of it made lady shiver with excitement. Though now the mystery was just who these goons were and how they knew Valoren had the map...

But this was hardly time to think about that. Lady galloped toward Valoren and then with full force bucked one of the ponies targeting the pegasus in the head.

"These guys really don't know when to quit," Lady spat as she kept her eyes open and locked on the remaining cloaked assailants.

That was when, very suddenly, one of the downed enemies leapt back up, grabbing his sword and rushing toward her. Lady didn't notice him coming at her until it was too late for her to dodge. Her eyes widened in fright as she faced being skewered.

"LOOK OUT" Val shouted as he gently tacked into her, as he let out a yelp as althogh he missed being screwd himself, his side was sliced. "Owwwww" he shouted in pain. Groaning, he looked up to see the theif about to slice him in two, as he head buttede him once more before finishing him with a powerful sock across the jaw. The theifs slowly got up as they backed away and turned running, thier tails between their legs!! "Thats right!! You beter ru..owww" he groaned, as he held his bleeding side in pain.

Lady was stunned as she lay there on the ground for a few seconds. This over trusting, kind of silly stallion had just spared her a potentially fatal wound. More than that he had taken on what looked like quite an injury himself. The bandits seemed to have given up and made their escape, leaving Lady there with the injured pegasus.

Slowly she stood and glanced at Valoren and his wound. It was bleeding pretty good. It would be difficult to finish the trip through the desert with a wound like that. It was unusual for Lady to feel compassion for anypony who wasn't a filly or foal, but this idiot had just thrown himself recklessly between her and a blade. After that, just leaving him in the desert to die would be callous, even for her. She studied the wound for a moment as she considered what to do.

The first bandit she had bucked in the head had been left behind by his comrades. The blow had rendered him completely and totally unconscious to the point where he wouldn't be going anywhere for a while. Taking advantage of this, Lady moved toward this pony and tore a large section from his cloak. She then took this and moved back toward Valoren.

"Hold still," she ordered as she nodded to the other pony. "This might hurt a bit..."

Lady then moved in to bandage Valoren's wound with the torn cloak, applying some pressure at the pony's side before tying the cloak tightly to protect the wound.

Val couldnt help but gasp in pain, as he moaned slowly as he was banadaged up. He had done what he did out of instinct really since he didnt want her to get hurt, and even though he was hurt out of it; he was just glad she was alright. Smiling through pain, he remarked "Heh, getting sliced like that wasnt my plan really. But Im glad you werent hurt". Getting up as he was bandaged, he siad "It aches abit but..heh heh, Ill be fine". The injury did hurt, but he wasnt gonna let that stop him from gettng to reach his goal!! After all, he hadnt gone through the trouble of getting the map just to give up and go home!

"Well I suppose I owe you my thanks," said Lady with a smirk. "Even if I really can't understand why you'd do something like that for a pony you don't even really know."

Lady gave a sigh as she prepared to continue onward. "I wonder just who those ponies were who attacked us? They were too well armed for simple desert thieves," Lady looked downward and sighed once more. "And it seemed to me the only thing they were interested in taking, besides our lives obviously, was that map of yours..."

Partners? This pony really was too trusting. Putting himself in danger on the basis of some silly verbal agreement between virtual strangers with nothing behind it. If he wasn't as good in a fight as he had just proven himself to be, he'd have probably been dead by now.

"You sure you wanna wait around for this guy to wake up?" Lady commented with a laugh. "With how hard my hoof hit the side of his head there's no telling he'll even be able to talk to us when he does."

Valoren blinked as he looked down at the pony. "Hmm, yah its probably best if we leave him here since I dont htink hes gettin up anytime soon" he grinned. As they left him tied up, Val rmearked "Wow!! You can really fight!! That was really impressive you did back their". As they walked, he asked "Whered you learn to fight like that anyway"?

"I didn't learn it nowhere," Lady said with a shrug. "I taught myself."

Lady smiled and gave a nod. "A pony won't survive long out here if she doesn't know how to protect herself. And that goes doubly for a pony in my line of work."

The outlaw pony gave a sharp laugh. "And believe me, I've taken enough beatings in my life to know how to hand one out."

Nodding, he said "Thats really impressive stuff". Freezing, he could hear something in the distance as he spotted the ending of the canyon. It sounded like a machine or...a whiestle? Blinking as it got louder, he siad "Is that..is that a train I hear"? Raising his ear as they exited finaly, he gapsed as he grinned "Look"!! Pointing into the distnace at a what looked like a wagon caravan with some machines on the back of a few that seemed to produce..ice?? "Huh, wanst expcting that" Val blinked.

"Let's hurry along. If we catch up with them, we might be able to get a ride," said Lady with a nod. This really was a fortunate turn of events. Even with his wound bandaged, the desert would have been hard on Valoren with his wounds.

"Hey, wait up, y'all!" she called out to the wagon as she ran toward them. She could notice them begin to slow down.

One of the ponies seemed to be the leader, an earth pony with a banadged face to the pont where onl his green eyes were visble. He bore a shierf hat, as he looked down at two who approached. Raising a brow, he smiled "Well, outsiders. And who are ya'll" he asked cursiously as he stared at the two.

Val stoped as he said "My name is Valoren Seeker, and this is my friend Lady Luck. We were wondering if you cvould give us a lift to town mister umm".

"You can calle my Graham" the banadged pony said.

Lady tried her best not to look to suspicious. The stallion's hat made her think he might be affiliated with the law. If so, she hoped desperately that he didn't recognize her name of face from the wanted posters. She wanted to avoid any sort of struggle.

Still, they needed the ride. Lady just had to go for it and hope this pony wouldn't recognize her.

"Howdy there, mister," she said, approaching the stallion, laying on her charm. "Sorry to trouble you, but as my traveling companion here was sayin', we're in desperate need of a ride." Lady forced a long, desperate sigh as she continued to speak in a nice, polite tone with a thicker than usual drawl. "Ya see, we had a little run in with some no good desert outlaws and Val here ended up with a mighty deep wound in his side. I'm mighty worried he just won't make it if we have to cross this desert all on our lonesome."

Lady made like she was sad. "So do ya think you can find it in your heart to help us out, mister?"

Graham leaned down as he looked Lady Luck up and down, before nodding "Sure thing. We were just passin through anyway, you can get on the back of the coach if you wnat". Slowling the cattle down to let the two on, he shrugged "Alright folks, we're movin out" he called as he cracked the whip, signile the cattle to move agtain. Looking back, he siad "So, what happened to you two anyway"?

Val sighed, as he siad "We got attacked by bandits. They wanted to rob us blind and tkae everything. We managed to beat them all up though and they ran off". Shaking his mane, he said "One of them cut me badly, but I'll be alright!! Ive been trhough worse scraps"!! Grinning, he siad "Who aer you anyway"?

"Name Graham, leader of the FreeMoostons" Graham explained as he comented "We;re a group of peace, seartching for our very own paradise".

Lady breathed a soft sigh of relief. This guy wasn't with the law. She was safe for now. She'd just have to worry about remaining elusive when they reached town.

"Thanks a lot, mister," Lady expressed her gratitude. "Sure is lucky we found you when we did."

Lady just smiled. "Just to Appleloosa's fine with us," Lady told the stallion.

"We'll be deciding where to go from there once we get there," Lady added with a nod.

"Applosa it is friend" Graham said softly. Blinking, he glanced back at the sleeping Valoren and noticed a map in his hoof. "Hmm" he thought as he said "I guess you got lost even with a map. Its not surpriseding since the sandstorms can put ones presrictve out of alightmnent and makes things diffcult to focus" Looking at Lady Luck, he smiled "Ahh, I remmebr your face now. Wanted list eh"? Seeing the surprised look, he shook his head "Dont worry, I wont turn you in or nothin. Im not like that since we all do what we must to survive in this world". Looking up at the sun, he siad "We should arrive at Applosa in about an hour or so".

Lady was stunned to hear she actually had been recognized. But this stallion was playing cool about it, so she had no reason to react.

"Well, I must say I appreciate your kindness," Lady said, dropping her nice act and speaking more directly. This was true enough. That said, she didn't understand it. Her reward was not a small one. She didn't really get why somepony who didn't even know her would go out of his way for her sake

"You from around here?" Lady asked to make conversation.