One goal, different reasons

Graham noticed her change in personaltiy, as he siad "Ahhh, didnt have that personlaity with Val. So, why you playin him anyway? He did somethin to ya"? Sighing, he siad "To your orignal question, I was orginal from the Canterlot military force til their was an accident about 8 years ago which ende up with me lookin like this and....wel heading out here to find a new way to live. So, I used to be from Canterlot".

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not really sure quite yet. I don't know where tagging along this pony will take me," Lady said in a low voice. "But there's a chance it might be worth my time."

"Canterlot, eh? I've never been so far back east," Lady said. "I was born in this region. Never have left it."

"Nice. I was a very differnt stallion back East. Stubborn, Prideful and sadly cruel. The accident that had occured and almost killed me opened my eyes, and made me atake on a more peaceful look on socity" Graham smiled lighty. Lookin at Val, he siad "Hes takin you on a hunt eh? Heh heh, good luck with tahat".

"Most of us are cruel deep down, we just hide it. I personally don't see the harm in letting it show when it's to our advantage," said Lady in a quiet voice. "That's my philosophy having lived in these badlands so long, at least."

"I've made quite the profit off it so far," Lady added, smirking.

Smirking, he siad "Ahh, and you aim to make a profit off of Val here eh? Hmm, he seems like a nice enough pony. Id go easy on him since hes abit naive". Shrugging, he smiled as he pointde "Ahh ha!! We're approaching Applosa"!! Poitning into the distance of a typcial western town, with Buffalos and ponies living alongside one another ever since the help of Twilight and friends. Smirking, he said "Town sure has gotten nicer since last time"

"I was born in that dusty little town back before you could even really call it a town," Lady said, shaking her head. "It changes every time I return..."

Lady glanced down at Valoren. "I suppose I better wake him up," she sighed.

Valoren yawned as he gently got up. Smiling lightly towards his partner, he waved "Hiya!! Just needed alittle power nap in order to feel better". Getting up, he shook himself, as he grined "So, how are we? Where are we now"? Glancing out the wagon, Vals eyes widdened as he smirked "Sweet!! Were gonna reach Applosa". Looking at Lady Luck, he asked "I musta slept most of the trip".

"Heh. Yes sir, we're here," Lady said with eagerness.

She smiled and looked at Graham. "Thanks again, mister. You were a real lifesaver."

Lady nodded as she stared down at Appleloosa. She was actually eager to see where this adventure would take her.

Hopping off as they waved goodbye to Graham and has group, Valoren smiled as he looked around. It looked like a typical western town, with a semi thriviing community so he had nothing to complain about it. The smell that it brought althrough was filled with dust, and dirt he smelled something else alongside it that blocked out everything else. He smelled adventure!! And by Celestia he was gonna find it here!! Turning to face Lady Luck, he girnned "I smell adventurrrrree".

Lady tried not to roll her eyes too much at the excitable pony's comment. She hoped this fool didn't bring too much attention to himself.

"So I guess the next thing to do is find a quiet place we can read that map of yours?" Lady suggested as she looked around. Her eyes fell on a cafe that hadn't been there last time she had been in town with a sign reading "Madam Bistro's" out front. Come to think of it, Lady was feeling kind of hungry.

"Maybe we can find a place to sit and look it over in there?" she started, pointing to the cafe.

Nodding right away, he smirked as he walked casually over into the bistro leading the way to a table. Plopping himself down, he sighed happily as he beckoned for LAdy Luck to come closer so she could take a good look at the map. Grinning lightly, he spread it out as excitment shot through him like a bullet. "Take a look" he grinned as he pointed at the map.

Lady sat down and began to study the map. It was really an old map, and was hard to really decipher.

"How interesting," she said as she looked at it. "I've never seen anything quite like it."

The map showed detialed information that started off simple and yet seemed to progress into something much more difficult. It started with traveling fifty miles across the desert, passing through an old mine, crossing over a small mounting and ending by finding it int he center of an oasis. In order to even start this advernture however, the needed some supplies so they could last their trip through the desert in order to keep active for thieves, bandits, killers, drought, sandstorms, thunderin clouds and stampedes. "Well, we got some stuff to grab before we go anywhere" Val smiled.

"Of course," Lady said, smiling. "Looks like this might take a while. You better stock up."

Lady continued to smile, hopeful that she'd be able to get away without paying for anything herself.

Lady grimaced. She wasn't even one hundred percent convinced this whole thine was even legitimate, and here she was being prodded for an investment. She hated the idea of losing money. If this turned out to be a bust, she was going to seriously be angry.

"Fine..." she said, with a sigh. She hadn't many bits on her. She liked to start off with her saddlebags light after all, that way there was more room to fit more into them at the end. Still, she did have some on here. "Though we had better find this treasure of yours..."

Nodding, he said "True, I dont want this to be a big waste for nothing. I know!! Tell you waht". Smiling he siad "If this trip does turn out ot be a waste of time, then I'll compensate you by paying you back wahtever you had to pay for suppies. I think that sounds generous". He hopped she would accept as he did not want to go out on this alone, and he needed help.

Lady tried not to smirk too much. This pony really did confuse her. What did all this naïve niceness get him? Maybe he was just that into her? Or was he just lonely. Either way, it didn't make an ounce of sense to the outlaw pony. Not that she minded. If this pony actually did intend to cover her investment, that meant she had nothing to lose.

"You'd really do that?" Lady asked, smiling. "How nice..."

Lady then retrieved a small bag of bits from her saddlebag. "Alright, let's get to it then," she said, ready.

"Sounds good to me," Lady commented simply as she prepared to head to the local store. She wondered if she'd be able to charm her way into a discount if she tried.

"Guess we'll meet up in a bit, then?" she said, looking back at Valoren.

Nodding, he went to purcahse the supplies as his demanor changed to serious. It was nice to be able to put on the show of being nice, since he usually was but sometimes he had to put on more of the naivety then usual. For that, he had to really appear like a fool. Apart of him was one, but it was nessecary in order to achieve a partner, one he hoped he could rely on when the time came. But in this world, where ponies could turn on one another at any second, he had to be ready. He could tell already that she was struggling with her own inner desires, and knew what he had told her was tempting. Would she succumb to those desires, or would she rise above them? For now, only time could tell as he purchases his supplies.

Lady went to buy food and water for the trip. As it were, she ended up getting an excellent deal, just from applying her feminine charm and some small lies with the gullible stallion salesman.

She laughed. If this treasure did turn out to be a bust, she'd tell Valoren she spent twice as much. That way she was guaranteed to make a profit from all this.

That decided and her saddlebags full of her purchases, Lady left to go meet up with her companion.

Lady arrived quietly at the place they were to meet up. Valroen was already there. She approached him slowly.

"I'm all set," she said with a smile. "Did you get everything we need?"

"Nodding, Val hopped off his seat smiling "Yup!! I got everything". Smirking, he remarked "OOo this is gonna be alotta fun"!! As they headed outside, Val said "Hmm..we gotta head north west from here. For bout fifty miles, and then we'll come across the train tracks". Smiling, he grined "I hope your ready for some adventure". What neither ofthem realized was that Graham, the pony they had helped was watching them silently from the shadows, a hoof to his masked face". "Hmm.." he thought softly.