One goal, different reasons

Lady was alarmed when Valoren suddenly fell into a pit. It caused her to suddenly freeze up and panic. What if she had fallen instead? Would Valoren have been able to fly to her aid and pull her up. She wasn't sure and didn't particularly want to test it.

"Yeah..." Lady said. "I'll guess I'll do that then..." She gulped. If she died in this damn cave, she was so going to kill that pegasus. That confused thought in her head, she began to slide past the pit.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady froze in place. Her rear legs nearly buckled as her mind went entirely blank. She tried not to look down. Her footing became infirm. She was terrified, but at least she avoided triggering the trap.

"What should I do...?" she shouted out while trembling, narrowly catching herself from slipping.

The roof was coming down and she was terrified. She had no clue what to do until Valoren shouted the command to jump.

"Uh... right..." Lady started, gulping. She then leapt boldly toward Valoren, not sure she was going to make it.

Lady panted wildly, scared for her life. Her hooves on solid ground, she gave a long relieved sigh.

"Thanks," she said, smiling a little as she tried to regain her cool. "You really ain't bad, kid."

She sat still for a moment. There was only so much more of this she could take.

"Yeah..." Lady said, shaking her head. "I seriously don't think my sensitive heart could take anything else quite like that last one..." she added half mockingly.

In truth, she really was terrified of what was to come.

"Yeah... We don't know when we might--" Lady started as the trotted along. She cut herself off suddenly when she heard the ground under her foot finally give way. She then heard some movement in the walls.

"Umm... I think I might have just..." She laughed nervously. "Maybe... possibly... triggered something...."

Looking up, Val gasped to see spikes coming down as he shouted "Oh no, that wasnt what i had planned ot happen today!! We need to run"!!! Staring at Lady Luck, he shouted "Quickly, the doorway at the end of this hall!! Go".!! Whirling around, he started to dash at high speed towards the exit as he made sure Lady Luck was right behind him. He did not get this far just for her to get killed in the end!! He was gonna make sure they both survivvied.

Lady broke into a reckless gallop toward the door. The spikes were closing in on her and she was sure for a moment she wasn't going to make it in time.

"All or nothing, this could be my last gamble!" she started, shaking her head as she ran for her life. She didn't really like these odds either, even if she was Lady Luck.

Just as she could feel the spikes on her back, Lady threw herself to the ground and rolled onto her side to avoid them. She then quickly returned to her feet and rushed to where Valoren was waiting.

Breathing heavily, she looked back to see that she had beat the spikes. her back was bleeding from where some had scraped her, but it was nothing particularly serious. "Why did I agree to this...?" Lady gasped, as she tried in vain to steady herself.

Val gasped at the sight of the bleeding, as he quicvkly got to work. Banading her back gently, he said "WEll, you told me you were intersted in the rewards that awaited really at the end of the trip". As he applied some water to get rid of the blood, he then said "Their". With the last bandage in place, he steped away sa he smiled "WEll, your back should be alright now. That was the last trap so it should be eaiser from here on in". Staring away from the trap, he blinked as he said "Well, lets get going".

"I've been hurt a lot worse than that," Lady said shrugging at the injury and how Valoren treated it. "Though there have only been so many times I've been closer to death. Most of them on this same day..."

She shook her head. This treasure had better be amazing. "Yeah. Let's go," she said simply, following the other.

Val lead the way, down a long and dark hallway. Past the traps it did seem like smooth sailing for the both of them. What they didnt realize however as they entered int a single lite room, with no way out cept the way they came in that something was wrong. "What" Val siad in shock as he looked around slowly. It was a single room, with a lite bub hanging over head and with no exits. "Something isnt right here. Maybe we should.." He started to suggest when suddenly the light went out. "GET THEM" A voice shouted in the darkness as multple trotting hooves came for them. Whirling around, Val tried to see within the darkness but it was useless as he felt something smash into the back of his head hard, making his whole world go black..

Lady tried to struggled after the lights went out and the shout was made. She could hear the sounds of multiple hooves rushing toward them. Scared ,she began to buck the darkness like mad. She felt her hooves collide with something a few times, but her fate was inevitable. Eventually someone jumped on her and pinned her to the ground.

"Guess my luck's all dried up..." she said through a sight as she was constrained to the ground.

Moments later, she was knocked unconscious.

Val blinked as his world slowly came back to him. What had happened? The last thing he had remembered was...was being knocked out when he had gone into a dark room. But, where was.. Blinking, he tried to move and yet found his hooves bound. "What the.." he muttered to himself as he looked down to see himself tied to a chair, and Lady tied up behind him as well. "Ohhh crud" he mused as he realized he was surrounded, by the same masked ponies from before. What were they doing here?! Looking ahead, he blinked as he said a bandadged pony, wearing a cowboy hat apparoch with a single e.... "Graham" Val said low, as the banadaged pony smiled behind his masked face.

"Im impressed you two made it this far" he mused.

Lady's sense came back to her very slowly. She heard Valoren's voice nearby and then another somewhat familiar voice, though it was at first hard to make out just what they were saying. She noticed then that she was bound. She could hardly move. She struggled against her bonds, but it was proving hopeless. Once she was able, she opened her eyes wide to take in the scene. Her eyes immediately fell upon her captor.

"You?" she said as she stared at the pony from the desert, Graham. "Who are you?" she demanded.

"How did they ever keep locating you? Why were they after you in the first place? Did you never ask yourselves these questions" Graham asked with a slight sneer behind hsi masked face. As he turned his back, he smirked "Ive been leading them this whole time. The balde...the dream valley blade. I was never able to get past its traps before, and such a weapon. Its powers....the amount of destruction it could cause...sinking towns, wipping out crops....the destruction it could cause is unimaginable" he said with rising exticemtn in his voice.

Val stared as he growled.. "Y..you used us".

"And used you well I did" Graham smiled back.

"You dang creep!" Lady shouted out in anger. "I don't take lightly to being taken for a fool!"

Lady struggled some more against her binding. "If I ever get out of here, I'll make you pay, I swear it!"

• 2 weeks later...

Graham smiled amused as he reached up at his bandaged face. "Hmm, I've met many ponies like you in my time. All cocky little things, thinking that they're ontop of the world nad that they can accomplish anyhting; wanting more when they don't apperciate what has been given to them. You think you'd be safifested with what society has preseneted; but you ponies are all the same aren't you" he glared. Slowly, he started ot unravel his banadages as he glared at the two. "Forutnatly, once I have unlocked the power within the sword to become King of Equestria; I will rectify that mistake". As the last of the banages hit the floor, Graham's face was reveled. Horrid burn mark's completly covered his face, as one of his eyes had a mighty scar running down it. Sneering, he turned around as he opened the doors that guarded the sword before turning back to the two.

"You'r about to witness my rise to power" he grinned.

Val stared silently in anger, as he tried to plot togehter a plan to escape in his head.

(Sorry for the long wait, It was rude of me and wont happen again)

"King of Equestria?" Lady questioned giving a hearty laugh. "Yeah right. You're no king, just some deformed, ugly, obsessed freak. Ain't nopony who would want a king like you."

Lady didn't really see a means of escape. Maybe Valoren had something planned? Either way, she wasn't going to go down frightened or intimidated, but rather laughing in this creep's disfigured face.

((it's cool. I don't mind having to wait on occasion.))

Valoren remained silent as he listened to Graham ramble on how no pony apperaciate what thye have, and always want more. How that he was going to them all this. He kept silent mostly because he had managed to slip out a knife as he started to slowly cut against his bonds.Eyeing Lady Luck, he nodded lighty as Graham turned his back on them. This pony was an arrogant fool. He was most certainly going to get his comeupances.

"YOu ponies were useful, but now I have no more use for either of you" Graham chuckled darkly, as he was handed a long sword.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Lady noticed Valoren had managed to find a small cutting tool of some sort and was working on his binds. She smirked. That crazy pony really could be brilliant at times. It was up to her to make sure it was all for nothing though. If Graham noticed Valoren, it would be too late. She had to keep the evil pony distracted.

"Come on, before you kill us, at least give us a little entertainment!" she asked with a low chuckle. "Tell us about your diabolical plan for world domination or whatever."

The sly mare smirked deviously and laughed. "Or at the very least tell us how you got so dang ugly!"