One goal, different reasons

"Insolent whelp!!! But very well. I plan to use the magic of the sword to command the minds of every creatue in Equestria. Imagine it!! A perfect world, no argfuments, no disagreements. No conflicts" Graham stated as he turned his back and explained. "A world where all moved, and thought like one mind. Equestria would be a perfect Utopia, and I..would lead it all. Celestia...it shall be beautiful" Graham finshed as he grinned happily as he snorted "As for the burning, let's just say my former collegeus had disagreed with my plans and foolishly tried to get ride of me".

"Then I guess we'll be the ones to finish it" Val declared as he broke free of his bonds. Flipping backwards behinds Lady, he sliced the knife through her bonds, freeing her. "Now then, let's get right to the action. My hooves are aching for some action right about now" Val declared grinning.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't think that princess would take very kindly to somepony with a psycho plan like that using her name, even as an exclamation," Lady said a smirk and a laugh as she stretched her new, freely freed hooves.

"But that's beside the point, I reckon," Lady said, shaking her head. "Now then. Time to make that ugly mug of yours even uglier."

Lady trotted slowly toward the evil pony. "Come on, Val, time to show this creep he picked on the wrong ponies today!"

Val ducked, as he eagerly started knocking out his cronies!! "Is this..all..you..got"!?!? He asked grinning as he hoofed, kicked, head butted his way through the lackies. Ducking and dogding over blade striesk, he gasped as he was grabbed from behind and hoofed twice in the face. Groaning, he ducked and smirked as the two idiots punched each other. "Not very smart on your part" Val responded as he failed to notice Graham reatreating towards where the sword was, no doubt running to claim his prize before the ponies caught on to what he was up to.

"Oh, no you don't!" Lady shouted as her eyes stayed on Graham who was trying to get away as his minions closed in. She just knew it would be bad if they let that maniac get to his fancy sword.

The tough outlaw mare bolted forward, bucking one enemy pony in the face and then ramming another with her head. There were too many of them, and she wasn't sure she'd be able to get to Graham. Her hooves slammed into pony after pony, but they kept getting back up. She wasn't sure either her or Valoren would be able to make it in time to stop the madpony.

"Dang it! We don't have time for these goons," Lady shouted as she slammed one unlucky pony's face into the ground below. Though he didn't get back up, another pony arrived to take his place almost immediately.

"Fools!!! Once the sword is mine, they'll pay. Oh yes, they'll all pay" Graham cackled as he rushed into the openm chambers. The room was quiet high, with glowing crystals of different colors lined up on two sides in a row, as tehy led up a high set of stairs towards an altar. On the altar, was a sleek white blade, with a red crystal embeded within the hilt. Behind the altar, lying in a treasure chest was the treasure that could possibly make one more rich then the Prinecesses of Equestria!! Graham grinned with anticipation as he rushed up to retrieve the sword, till...

"STOP" Val demanded angrily, rushing into the chambers after having delt with the guards.

Beating back the last of the guards, Lady joined Valoren in the mad charge toward the scarred evil pony.

"I don't think so!" she shouted as she leapt at him. After everything she had been through, she wasn't even afraid anymore. She was just going to stop this creep no matter what it took.

"I won't let you!" Lady added, throwing herself forward to tackle the evil pony.

• 2 weeks later...

Graham sneered arrogantly, as he ducked under her tackle and grabbed her in mid air. Raising her above his hoof, he grinned as he tossed her down at Val!!

Val gasped as he reached up and caught Lady as he skidded across the floor. "You good" he asked, as he looked up in time to see Graham gripping the sword in his hoof. "Oh no" Val moaned low as he could see the sword beginning to crackle and thunder!! The sword was lifted into the air as red lighting shot out of it, and boucned around the chambers at high speed; and even shocked Graham as...it started to heal his scars!! Val stared as his scars vanished, and it completly healed the villianous pony, who smiled down at the two of them before he aimed the sword at them and it started to glow!! "Its gonna..MOVE" Val shouted in alarm as he shoved Lady out of the way as a red beam of light shot out, and missed the two; making a small crater in the stone wall behind them

"Whoa..." Lady started, shocked by the display of the sword's power.

"Guess this day wasn't my lucky one," she said, clenching her teeth in fear.

"I can think of a few ponies I'd rather have died besides, but it's been fun I guess, kid..." she said, while looking at Valoren. "unless of course you got some bright idea how to beat this guy..." she added with hopeful eagerness.

Val smirked as he said "What we need is a distractiong. Somethin to draw his attnetion so that way one of us can get that sword out of his hooves". It seemed like now would be a good time for a little improvisation really. Glancing at Lady, he asked "You realy seem to be able to get under his fur, so do you think you could distract him whils I try to get that blade away from him"?

"I can try..." Lady said, looking down, not sure what to make of the plan, which sounded kind of crazy to her. "Ain't makin' any promises."

That said, Lady stepped forward, feeling kind of stupid. She eyed Graham up and down and tried her best to steel her nerves. With a nod, she decided to put her well-honed silver tongue to good use.

"That all you got?" she started with a sneer, looking the evil pony up and down. "You really think some flashy light tricks and a magic sword is gonna be enough to take over Equestria? Ridiculous. It may look pretty flashy, but you really think it's gonna get y'all that far?" Lady laughed. "It might not be either of us, but somepony is going to stop you and your silly evil plan."

"Though by all means, keep using the sword. It's already cured those burns of yours," Lady added playfully. "Maybe next time it will cure the ugly too."

"INSOLENT WHELP" Graham snarled as he aimed and fired another blast above Lady, barely missing her head. Stompign hiis way towards her, as he contiued to fire in rage; getting increasingly angry as she contieud to dodge he snarked "You know nothing of what I must do!!! Of what must be done!!! Equestria requires order!! Discipline!! I am the one to give it to them!! YOU KNOW NOTHING"!! As he contiued to shoot more beams, he faield to notice apony coming up from behind.

Val glared as he flew above silently above Graham, as he waited for the right moment to strike. As he saw the beam of light from the sword power down, Val thought "Now"! Flying down low, he apporahce Graham from the back as he reached out with a hoof to snatch the blade away from him. It almost worked, but Graham heard him coming at the last second as he truned in time for Vals hoof to touch the hilt of the sword, almost grasping it as Val let out a shout of pain as Graham swung him away, and zapped his back; sending him tumbling down.

"Well that didn't go quite as planned," Lady commented dryly, snarling as she looked down at Valoren and then over at Graham.

She stood there, mouth agape, terrified, unsure what exactly to do. She didn't see any way out. Graham had ever advantage. She couldn't even tell if Valoren was alive from where he lay. If he wasn't, she really wasn't prepared to follow him.

"Listen here, to tell the truth of it, I really don't care too far what you do with Equestria," she said, flashing a smile. "By all means, it's yours. Go wild..."

"I'm a no good western outlaw, who's been living on the run for almost all her life. So yeah what do I care about doing the right thing and all that... Go ahead and conquer Equestria or whatever. It's none of my business..." Lady continued to smile as her voice got higher and more strained. "Just... if you'd be kind of enough to avoid killing me... I'd be mighty appreciative."

Lady widened her smile some more, as her body continued to shake in fear. "I was just kiddin' about you being so darn ugly too. I didn't mean nothing by it!"

Graham sneered as he could see that the pony had shown her true colors. Shaking his head, he sneered "Ahhh, you have compeltly proven my point. I thank you. For you see in the end, when it comes down to a life or death situation; everypony turns on one another save their own skins". Glancing down at Vals body as he passed, he snorted "This fool was an idiot, thinking that we can all help one another; trust and crud like that. All nonsense". Turning back to Lady Luck, he smirked as he aimed his sword at her. "Oh but you will soon be joining him so thiers no need to fret. Stop restisting, adn give into th...AGGGGGH" His eyes widdened in shock as suddenly he felt a sharp stabbing pain in his back. Turning around, he could see that Val had tossed a small dagger from one of the many statues embed trhoughout the chambers.

Val watched as Graham dropped the sword and as it slid near Lady Luck. "Luck!! The sword" Val shouted as he watched Graham make a charge for it. Val went to charge after Graham, but staggered and tripped as he was still feeling the affects of the blast.

Lady gave a short laugh and kicked the sword toward herself.

"Aha, look at that," she said with a smirk. "Now who's the fool."

With that, Lady picked the sword up held it upwards. "Pretty little toy. Probably worth a fortune. And it's in my hooves now..."

She stood taunting Graham. "So, what are you going to do about it?" she asked, giving another confident, pitying laugh. "Better not try anything or I'll figure out how to use the darn thing."

Val smirked as he trotted next to Lady Luck, feeling a pang of sadness as he had heard how Lady had been willing to leave him thier just to save her own fur, as he had hooped that from the time that they had traveld, that she had changed. He guessed that was abit too much to ask for in the end. Sighing, he smirked "Not so tough withtout your sword huh Graham".

It was amazing as Graham had suddenly deflated. One second again, he was laughing mockinly how he was going to destory them and change the world. Now, he was shivering in fear and slowly backing away from the two in terror.

Lady laughed. "Well, I'd say this mess is settled then," she said, shaking her head at Graham. It was really a kick to suddenly have the upper hoof. Begging for her life hadn't been a proud moment. It was right lucky that thanks to Valoren she had a chance to act cool again.

"You should be happy I haven't showed you how sharp this here sword is. In my right opinion, you deserve it. I just think it'd be a honest shame to ruin a sword as pretty as this by smearin' it with whatever it is you're full of," she said, holding up the blade.

"Anyway, I say we leave this creep here and bolt," she said to Valoren. "We got what we came for, didn't we?"

Val smiled as he said "You wanted the moeny right? Well here it is". Gently touching the blade, he reacehd for the hilt as he gently removed the red crystal within the middle of it; smiling as he said "That crystal is the real reward. You could probably get maybe a good five or eight million worth of bnits for it. I just wanted this". Gently taking the sword, he swung it and practiced with it as he smiled saftisted. Placing it in a sheath, he smiled "Yup, we both got what we wanted, so I say we ge..AAAGGGGGGGHH".

Val let out a gasp as he felt a sharp pain shoot through his back, as he slowly looked back to see a knife embedded in it; held by the made and crazed Graham as he sneered "YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY DESTINY"!! Letting out a moan of pain, Val collaped onto his stomach; breathing heavily

Lady saw an opportunity at that moment. She had the beautiful crystal clenched between her teeth and was about to place it in her saddlebags.. There was nopony impeding the path out. If she broke into a clean gallop right there and then she'd very likely make an escape before Graham could catch up to her. She'd be able to escape cleanly with her reward in hoof.

On most days Lady would have too. She lived her life outside of the law. She did bad things without remorse. She truly felt she didn't owe anything to anypony. She wasn't set to reform her ways anytime soon either. She had come on this journey for treasure and she had that treasure now. It would have been perfectly in character for Lady to toss Valoren aside and make her escape, not caring what happened here.

At that moment, something else just felt more like the correct course of action.

"I don't think so!" Lady shouted as she tossed the gem aside quickly, it bouncing away into a far corner of the room. Then with all the speed she could muster, the mare charged forward and grabbed the sword from Valoren's side before Graham could grab it.

"I gave you your chance, but it don't look like that sunk in that thick ugly skull of yours," she said as she unsheathed the sword. "Looks like I'm gonna have to be a little more forceful to get you to listen!"

Without a moment of hesitation, she aimed the sword ahead trying to mimic how Graham had used it before. It began to glow ominously for a moment, and then, suddenly, a blast of murky light fired out in the direction of the villain.

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Graham screamed in agonry as the beam of light ripped through him like it was nothing!! Squirming and screaming in abosolute pain, he shook his head in denail as he remarked "It. cant..be!! I..am...invincibllllllllleeee" Graham coniuted to scream as he his body was slowly envelpoed by the beam of light; as he evaportaed into tiny fragments until thier was nothing left of him at all. As the smoke cleared, he was gone.

Val watched the scene with shock as he glanced up at Lady Luck, still in pain as he offered her a weakend smile. Despite everything that had happened, he had been surprised by her that she would save him like this. He was glad to see things had worked out in the end. "Heh, you got him" Val smiled weakly.

• 2 weeks later...

Lady was shocked at the result. Was he really completely gone? She had wronged ponies before and beaten the tar out of more than she could count. Still, this didn't set particularly well with her. Even if Graham had been rotten to the core, he didn't deserve an end like this. It made her a little sick thinking about it. She dropped the sword, now suddenly revolted by it.

"This is what you came here for?" she asked, looking at Valoren. "This kind of power... it makes me mighty uneasy..."

She looked down. Even in Valoren's hooves, the idea of the sword's might didn't set right with her. "I don't reckon that kind of power belongs in the hooves of any one pony... even one with righteous intentions..."

She fell silent. She wasn't going to voice any further protest. She looked around for the gem she had tossed aside before grabbing the sword. It had gotten away from her, slipped off. It was probably at the edge of the room buried under some debris from continued use of the sword. After everything that had happened, Lady didn't feel any need to find it. She'd regret it later and she knew it. But at that moment, it just didn't feel worth it.

He felt bad about what happened to Graham, but he wasnt going to gloat. The stallion had been determiend to rip Equestria apart, so Val wasnt going to show him any sympathy, nor remorse. Val nodded, smiling "I understand what your saying. And I agree, the sword is dangerous with used my the gem. When sepearted from one another....". Val stepped back, as he turned the sword in his hooves as he swung it around, testing the weight and balance of the blade; noticing how swift it seemed in his hooves. "It's an oridanry blade..I got what I wanted". Blinking, as he stared behind the throne of where Graham had sat Val coudl see something. An isignia of a door, with a slim emblem as if something was to be inserted into it. Blinking, he looked at the sword as he gently placed it into the emblem, immideatly hearing gears turning rapidly as it opened up to reveal...an entire room, filled with gold and jewels. "Whoooooaaa" Val stared in shock. Poinitng at the treasure, he smiled "Least when you go home, you wont be goin home empy hooved" pleased that he was able to reapy his end of thier deal.

Lady was surprised to see the secret treasure chamber. It made her feel a little uneasy. She wasn't sure she deserved such riches. However, Lady Luck wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to pass on this just because she was a little down. No, even if at that moment, the money didn't matter to her, her brain wasn't going to let her walk away with nothing.

She went into the treasure chamber, opening her saddle bags. She'd only be able to take so much. Gems were relatively common in Equestria, and while the finer ones sold for a premium, gold was always a surer choice. She stuffed both her bags with as much gold as they could possibly carry before tying them back on. They were really heavy.

"Well, I suppose that's all there is to it..." Lady said, her voice still having a somber air to it. "Guess we did pretty good here."

"Now to get out..." she started as she began to walk toward the doorway.

Val nodded, as he trotted next to Lady Luck; passing by where Grahams body ashad once been, he remarked "So umm, what do you think your gonna do when you get back? I mean, Graham was crazy so..what happened is probably gonna stick in my mind for awhile. I think Im gonna take a break from adventuring for a little bit before I start up again". Sighing, he put a hoof to his head as he said "I just need to figure out where Im gonna relax now". Looking at Lady Luck, he asked "Do you know any good places for vacationing, or just somewhere where i can relax".

((OOC: I thought you said earlier that Graham's body was completely destroyed, with nothing left of it?))

Lady sighed as she looked at Valoren. "I don't rightly know just yet," she said in a low voice. "Probably find something to drink."

The outlaw pony gave a laugh. "Then I'll work at getting all this gold appraised and valued. See just what I got. After that, who knows? I'll probably go find some place to splurge it on. Maybe I'll head East. I don't know."

"A vacation don't sound all that bad come to think of it," she said. "I ain't really the most knowledgeable of this world though. All I know is the West. Most of it ain't prime for vacationin' either, I'd say."

(Oo your right. Fixed it ^_^ )

Val smiled as he noted "If you need a good place to vacation at, I reccommend Seasaddle Bay!! That is if your into beaches an all. It usually helps for me when I want to relax after a hard adventure". The waves laping at your hooves. The wind whipping through your mane. Heh heh, it sounds a good place to relax as anywhere really". As they walked down the long tunnel that would lead towards the exit, Val sighed as he glanced at the earth pony; happy that he had gotten a chance to adventure with another pony. Last adventure was fun, but he had gone solo for it. Now that this one was over, he'd relax on a beach for awhile before going after another adventure. "Heh, I had alotta fun adventuring with you Lady Luck!! Things certaintly got intersting" Val complimented.