One goal, different reasons

The thief looked about to flee when suddenly Val grabbed him from beihnd as he brought him to his knees. "Who are y....what the"??!! He was stunned when after he removed the mask on the ponies face, he could see he was blind...infact they were all blind!!! The theif known as Alonzo, glared as he swore "We have a sacred duty to protect what does not belong to seekers such as yourself. If you contiue to seek out the DVB, then it will lead to your demise" Spoke the white maned, red fured pony as he glared at the two.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacred duty? Lady's eyes went wide. Okay, now she was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt. The treasure they sought was very real. How much it was worth was still a bit of a mystery, but at least she now knew this was no wild goose chase. She smiled upon hearing this, even if it was also confirmation that they were being hunted.

"Our demise, huh?" she started with a laugh as she moved toward him. "I'd like to see y'all try and take us out. You sure ain't done a very good job of it so far!"

The theif let out a wicked grin as he siad "You think you have cautgh us? THat this is so easy? Oooh you'll be surprised". Removing a smoke bomb, he tossed it at the ground as it created a massive smoke screen. This sent Val into coughing fit as he shook his head to clear it of the smoke effects as he looked around rapidly. Flapping his wings, he sent the smoke away but when it cleared, they were gone!! Luckily, the map was stil with them.

Lady coughed as she was surrounded by smoke. As Valoren cleared it she looked around frantically.

"Dang it! They got away!" Lady shouted. "Though after what we just heard, I'm pretty sure they'll be back pretty soon..."

SHrugging, he said "Shoot..well, at least Ive proven this is real huh. Or they have anyway. Also I think were on the right track since...welll look". He pointed over at the mineshaft right ahead. "Ccording to the map, we have to go throuhg thier and hopefiully come out alright. Course we will though!! I mean, we're awesome" he grinned.

"Well... I'm glad at least somepony here is optimistic about all this," Lady commented dryly. She trotted forward, toward the mine.

"Okay, I guess. Let's do this," she said, shaking her head. She really didn't feel good about going through some dark, dank mine but for treasure, she was willing to put up with anything.

Lady stayed close to Valoren as they descended into the dark mine. It was a little scary and unnerving, but Lady was trying to stand tall. For the sake of her heart, she just hoped nothing popped out at them suddenly.

"Wow... this is certainly creepy..." she said. She was just not used to this much darkness.

Stoppng at a mine cart, he looked it over as he checked the wheels of it. "Hmm, from the looks of it. We need to travel the rest of the way i none of these" he pointed out. It was rather roomy and could easily support two. But question was if it was reliable. That Valoren himself wasnt so sure of. Then again, was anything on this adventure reliable. But he hadnt come this far just to quit and give up now!!

"Oh... isn't that great..." Lady cynically commented. She was a desert pony. She wasn't used to being underground in some dark mine. She certainly wasn't used to traveling via some rickety old mine cart. This was far out of her comfort zone.

"Well, I guess we better get this over with," she added with a sigh, sitting in the cart. "But if this kills me, trust me, you'll regret it..."

"Im sure we'll be fine" Val grinned as he reahced out of the cart as he gently gripped the breaking mechanism. Pullling it, he blinked as the cart slowly started to move. "Okay, here we go" he smiled happily as he felt them move slowly. Staring, he looked down as he gasped "Uhhh.."., The cart was heading towards a massive drop, and it was too late to get out!! Well, for Lucky maybe, bt he wasnt gonna leave her to face this alone!! "Err, HOLD ON" he shouted, as he gripped the sides of the cart.

Just as lady had feared, they reached a steep drop and began to move rapidly downward. Lady clenched her teeth as he tried to see where the tracks were taking them in the darkness. It was remarkably hard to see just where they were going.

"Urgh..." Lady started as she stuck firmly in the cart. "I knew this was a mistake... I just knew it..." she muttered, more than a little scared.

"WOOO HOOOO" he laughed as his eyes were opened wide in both fear and excitment, as he said "This is awesome"!! Laughing, he could see that nothoin but darkness ahead of them and he had to admit this was also bad because he had no idea what was going to come his way!! They had to be ready for anything that....Watch out"!! Val gasped as he ducked his head down, to avoid being hit by a board!

Lady only barely managed to duck in time. A she slowly lifted her head, unsure it was face, she stared at Valoren. She couldn't believe this pony. He was having fun? The darkness, the rickety cart and track, the velocity which they had no control over, the shear unpredictability of their course... This wasn't fun. This was frightening. Lady was no coward either, she was just a realist. In this dark, old mine there was just far too much a chance of something going wrong.

"When does it stop...?" Lady muttered under her breath, as the cart took a sudden breakneck turn. Faced with danger like this, she hoped her famous luck with the cards extended to other pursuits.

Val smirked as he thought to himself "Ahh, this is fun" He really was a thrill seeker, and moments like this really made him apperciate the mment. Blinking as he stared ahead, he thought "Oh yah"!!! Appanrently, the tracks was going downards in a circular motion. It was kinda like a rollar coaster ride!!! Alright!!! Smiling slowly, he gripped the brake to keep them on track as he gently pulled it as he watched the sparks fly. "Need to keep this on track" he smiled softly as he gasped suddenly when the track showed a gap as tehy went flying into the air, and landing on the other side. Wehn the cart hit the tracks, Val was grining wildely at the thrill they had just experinced their. That was awesome!!!!!

Seeing they were reaching the end at the bottom, Val held the handle bar as the bakres sqeualed wildely. Watching as sparks flew, Val grunted as he pulled it back hard as he saw the handle bar break off. Realizing they were out of options, he slide out of the cart as he placed his hoof against the front wheel. Hissing in pain as it started to stop, he let out a cry of pain but it was worht it if it ment he could save Lady Luck. The cart slowly to a stop, as it stopepd completly. Val moaned in pain as he dove his hoof into a pool of water to cool it off.

"Wow, you okay?" Lady asked, looking down at Valoren as he stopped the cart manually. This pony really was just insane doing something like that.

Lady was still completely disoriented as she got out of the cart. She was so glad that it was over though. She had definitely had enough.

Val hissed as he said "I could have bailed myself, but I wouldnt have been able to help you and...well Id be a lousy partner if I let you get hurt" .Smiling weakly, he said "Just gotta keep off that hoof for awhile in order to help it heal since I dont want to make it worse really". Pulling his hoof out of the water, he sighed "Heh, that was an intersting ride".

"You're really insane, you know that?" Lady started, laughing as she looked down at the other's injured hoof. "But I'm just glad all that is over..."

Lady gave a slight shrug as she looked around the darkness. "So, where do we head from here?" she asked.

"Heh heh your not the first to call me that" Val chuckled weakly as he stared into the darkness. Pulling out the map as he aimed the lantern down at it, he said "Well, we need to go through some of the tunnels here on foot and avoid the booby traps along the way which includes: A bottomless pit, spikes, and arrows. Oh and the possiblity of a boulder of doom". Shaking his head, he said "The boulder of doom sounds reaaaallly original. Havnet come across a trap like that before". Sighing as he got up, he siad "Well, we'd best get moving".

Lady's eyes went wide. Was this pony serious? He was brushing off these seriously frightening sounding traps like they were nothing. Maybe this was a mistake after all...? Lady forced herself to think of the treasure.

"A-alright then..." she muttered weakly as she followed the other pony.

Val led the way, as he kept the lantern lit as he stared off into the darkness. "Feel like a colt following the train tracks" he chuckled to himself as he looked up at the high ceiling. He wondered if this was securly built to where he didnt have to worry about the thing collasping ontop of him.

"All the tracks I've ever followed have been securely above ground," Lady commented. She stared at the ceiling when Valoren did. That had better not collapse. She didn't want to be crushed to death in a place like this

"Yeah, that wouldnt be a very graceful way for my adventuring days to end" He said softly. Looking back, he smiled "Good thing that we'reeeeeeooooooooooaaahhhhhhhhh" he screamed as he stepped into a bottomtless pit as he fell down. Remembering he had wings, he flew back up blushing as he siad "Err, that was embarrasing of me". Looking across, he siad"Hmm...The walls look big enough for you to slide across".