"I suppose she must write home fairly often, then.  As far as I know, she hasn't returned to Unyasi since moving here."  Blueblood would have to ask, next time they met.  "And at some point, you'll actually be able to ask the six themselves what's fact, and what's fiction!  Bet you're looking forward to that, huh?"  Smiling down at Zareb, he took the suggested and guided him towards the lecture halls.

"This is where most classes are held.  At least, those that don't involve labwork or field work."  The first door he opened was to a fairly typical example, with a tiered set of desks set in a semi-circle around a lecture podium, with a blackboard behind it.  "Some others are less formal, with students in small groups around tables, but this is the sort of place where most of the teachers do their teaching."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PRCmuKX.png

Zareb's initial reaction was giddy and lacked typical zebra composure. But he quickly exhaled a moment of maturity and humility to put his own thoughts into perspective, even audibly acknowledging the privilege it would be to converse with the heroines. "I can't imagine they would make time in their busy schedule for a foreigner zebra to ask them silly questions."

Following Blueblood, Zareb began walking into the classroom and then stop in his tracks at the doorway. As Blueblood spoke about the typical setting and how the range of format would differ from room to room, Zareb had a trepidation in continuing to walk in, as if the hallowed ground of teaching was not to be disturbed, even if no creature was there. He was honored to see the room, but without knowing what classes he was in, he didn't consciously feel comfortable walking into rooms and browsing as if he is interested in purchasing. Zareb took a dramatic look at Blueblood. "This is incredible. It's a classroom. Mahali patakatifu, I mean we have rooms like this in Unyasi with less advanced design, but the feeling of the room's significance to the ones who share space in this room makes me feel humbled to step here."

"Well, they make time out of their busy schedule to teach here."  Blueblood reminded the new zebra student.  "And not perfunctorily either, they take their relationships with the students here seriously.  That includes you now!"  He honesty hoped Zareb wouldn't be too star-struck to take advantage of the opportunities presented to him at his school.  He'd seem similar squandering of time by star-struck debutantes at the Grand Galloping Gala.  It honestly got a little frustrating to see year after year.

Hence, the young one's reverential treatment of classroom facilities earned him a bit of an odd look from the Archancellor.  "I imagine you'll get used to it eventually.  But I think we should take you to your dorm room now, yes?  I'm hoping we'll catch your roommate there, so I can introduce you two."

• Like 1