The Foal Free Press: Interview and Endorsement

Size: 1280x720 | Tagged: safe, screencap, rarity, ponyville confidential, female, foal free press, i'll destroy her, newspaper, solo

"The Foal Free Press has been happy to play a bigger part this year than most others i deciding how Ponyville handles its affairs It continues this commitment with an interview with Strong Copper, one of the candidates for Mayor. We asked him several questions that we know have been burning holes in your heart and hope you find this enlightening:

How do you think you did at the debate?

Strong Copper- Well, I wasn't booed off the stage to a wave of rotten fruit so... I did a lot better in the debate then I thought I would have.

What do you say to those that think you are too new to town to be the Mayor?

Strong Copper- Yes, I'm an amateur. So were Princess Celestia and Princess Luna back at the fall of Discord when they claimed the thrones of Equestria. Yet they are considered some of the greatest rulers world wide.

Why should ponies be wary of Spoiled Rich?

Strong Copper- I am not going to talk ill of Mrs Rich. So much of politics seems to be about slinging mud and trying to attack the person rather then their ideas and I do not wish for this campaign to devolve as such.

What is the best fruit?

Strong Copper- Now that's a difficult question because it depends on circumstances. Some seedless grapes, some chopped up strawberries and some blueberries in a bowl make a wonderful dessert fruit salad... but if you just want something on the go, I'm always had a soft spot for the Pink Lady apple.

Anything else you'd like to say?

Strong Copper- I can't really think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. We'll find out if it was enough tomorrow, but either way I would like to expression my thanks towards Ponyville for allowing me to run and taking my nomination seriously. Personally, I would have been interested to have heard more about Candidate Scootaloo, but I can't tell if she was barred due to her age or simply dropped out on her own.

We thank candidate Strong Copper for his time and wish him, as well as candidate Spoiled Rich, all the best!"

Howdy. I'm Apple Bloom, and I speak for everypony at the Foal Free Press when we say we have been so lucky to have you follow this election alongside us. This is a strange and new custom for many of us and we have been excited to see it play out. But as we approach the end, it has become clear that I- we- can no longer stay silent. We must make our voice heard, and we are here to say that Strong Copper is who we endorse as Mayor for Ponyville.

Strong Copper is a good stallion. He is a decent stallion. He wants to work for us for nothing other than his good, strong character. Being Mayor requires that strength of character more than anything else. You can hire ponies to help you come up with business plans. You can reach out to experts on matters that are beyond you. Mayors don't work alone; they have teams. What you need in a Mayor is a leader first and foremost, somepony you can trust and believe in. We believe in Strong Copper.

We do not believe in Spoiled Rich. We do not believe she has the temperament or character to be Mayor. Questions swirl about how independent she could be with her past tied so heavily into business. The Foal Free Press does not believe she can handle the rigors, often stressful, almost always with the threat of failure, of a Mayoral position. We do not believe she has the moral standing to say that she stands for Ponyville. 

This vote is for the Ponyville you would like to live in. The Ponyville you want to believe in. And for us at the Foal Free Press, that Ponyville has Strong Copper as Mayor.

Signed- Apple Bloom et al; Free Press Staff

• Like 2