Design Your Foal Contest Winners! *Updated! 28th w/ photos!*

Manestream

*Updaaaaaate~!* August 31st, 2011

Okay! This topic got completely borked and lost in the update, so i've had to go and rebuild it. Your comments here have been lost, unfortunately, so please feel free to re-post your excitement and glee all over this thread- especially if you want to have another contest! The staff contest is now over, so i've gone ahead and updated that as well.

Thanks everypony for such a great contest! Be sure to upload all of your foals to your gallery! Heck, actually, I may make a public gallery for everypony to submit their foals too. That would be cool! In fact, I will! <3

During the update, a lot of links got borked too, so you might your foal submissions just to make sure their links are still fine. The only links that should be affected are those of you that linked to your public galleries before the update- everything linked to off-site *should* still work. But I could be wrong!

*Updaaaaaate~!* August 28th, 2011

I have added pictures of all the prizes- and the mystery prizes! I know I said I'd do this several days ago, but hey, life has been busy! I ended up going to San Fran to see my grandma again, (her health has been steadily declining), and then I worked a double-shift the next day, and planned the running of the leaves event... hoo boy- it just goes on and on! :???:

But anyway! I took photos of the whole process of arranging the grab bag goodies you can find them here, if any of you want to see what will be in each prize pack specifically- scroll below!

*Original Post!* August 23rd, 2011

Yep! You heard right! :o

We staff here have collaborated, bickered, stamped our hooves, thrown popcorn, and occasionally wallowed in our indecision, but we have emerged with our three category winners, and the winner of the random drawing! It was a long process of wading through seas of well-written bio's and gaping in awe at all the awesome art you ponies prepared. I want everypony to know that I was personally overwhelmed by the level of quality placed into each submission; you guys REALLY outdid yourself.

Even TG&P Trixie begrudgingly admitted that she was a little impressed by the efforts of such average ponies. :shifty:

Allright, allright, I'll stop talking about how great you all did and tell you who won already!

The Winners!

Overall Best: Apple Splash by Apple Showers

See grab bag behind the spoiler!

Rainbow Dash tote, Fluttershy Vinyl Sticker, Fluttershy cell strap, Rarity Keychain, Big Mac Pin, and a Derpy Pin! Plus one of the 3 Mystery Prizes!

Best Written (Bio): Apple Racer by AppleCake

Rainbowdash Vinyl Sticker, Pinkie cell charm, Pinkie keychain, Rainbow Dash button, Luna Button and one Mystery Prize!

Best Designed (Art): Ametrine Sparkle by Kawaiipiepie

Pinkie Pie Vinyl Sticker, Rarity cell charm, Derpy Hooves Keychain, Luna button, Twilight button and one Mystery Prize!

Lottery Selection Winner (Chosen by Random Selection): Dawn Flash by Aisu

Spike cell charm, Twilight Keychain, Fluttershy button, Pinkie button!

Staff Overall Best: Pink Sparkler by Kudalyn! Go here to view the poll results!

Luna Cell charm, Rainbowdash Keychain, Rarity Button, Spike button!

Congratulations to the winners! :grin: I'm going to be sending out PM's and e-mails to get ahold of everyone for mailing addresses, so by all-means if you won and you havn't heard from me, let me know! Though, everypony should have signed up with a valid e-mail address, right guys? :wink:

I am honestly shocked at how many entries and users that won begin with an A; I wonder whats up with that? :-|

Priiiiiizes!

IMG_0855.jpg

An overall view of the prizes (mystery prizes not shown, but you can see my toes!)

Mystery prize #1

IMG_0885.jpg?t=1314556276

OH YES I DID :lol: One you lucky winners are going to find this pink beacon of friendship in your package! I wonder who it will be! :smug:

Mystery prize #2

IMG_0890.jpg?t=1314557447

Fluttershy's Nursury Tree! She was too adorable to pass up, so I lured her away out of Target with dollar bills in the shapes of bunnies and butterflies~ some lucky pony is going to find this in their grab-bag!

Mystery prize #3

IMG_0896.jpg?t=1314557634

Ride-along Twilight Sparkle! She comes with her own magical scooter and book ;3; she's so adorable i'mgonnadie! Look at that helmet! and those eyes! They just scream "love me!" Which pony here is going to be lucky enough to give her a loving home? We'll see!

Here are pictures other prizes that make up the grab-bags. I posted a few of these before, but never got close ups of all the buttons and goodies; so enjoy! Behind spoilers to make this thread easier to load!

IMG_0883.jpg?t=1314553861IMG_0884.jpg?t=1314553942

IMG_0880.jpg?t=1314554015IMG_0881.jpg?t=1314554032IMG_0882.jpg?t=1314554046

Here you can see the buttons and keychains a little better~

IMG_0869.jpg

And here we can see the cellphone charms, stickers, and 2 buttons (oh my, extras!) that Zambi Candy sent me. She's really a big sweetheart x'3

IMG_0873.jpg?t=1314554581

Rarity, Luna, and Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twi, and Spike up close!

Also big news! I promised the community that if we reached at least 60 submissions, I would be putting in for a much larger, much cooler grand prize for the next competition. Well, all you ponies blew me away with a whopping 89 submissions, so it looks like i'm going to have to make good on that promise; and perhaps throw in a little bit extra too. Somewhere around the 20% margin sounds about right. :smug:

P.S. - A few users have asked me if it is alright to donating prizes for competitions, and of course I said YES! :idea: If you have interest in donating some prizes for competitions, that would be a great way to lend me a hoof and to give back to the community directly. Just send me a PM if you are interested and we can discuss the details- and THANK YOU- I appreciate people thinking about ways to GIVE in this community. Makes me feel all warm and magical and friendshippy inside. But honestly; proof is in the pudding; we've got a great community :smile:

This post has been promoted to an article

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everything has gotten to me safely, haha I can't believe I got the backpack, but it'll be awesome to drag that thing around to my first ever brony meet.

Thanks so so much :heart:

Awesome! I'm glad it made it to you safely! xD hehe, only a true brony can wield the backpack of friendship, equipped with that your brony-dom will never be disputed!

I'm excited to hear back from everybody that received prizes, photos are also highly encouraged~! xD

AAAA!! It finally came in today! I'm so happy to see it!

And of course, I have to provide pictures!

Cell phone charm...

photo29qj.jpg

Rainbow Dash tote (It's so HUGE!!)

photo31n.jpg

Fluttershy Vinyl...

photo32w.jpg

Big Mac and Derpy Pins...

photo33zj.jpg

The Mystery prize!!!

photo34z.jpg

And the Rarity Keychain!!!

photo30g.jpg