Blizzards!

Tam

I hate them. Snow, ice, wind, flat lands, all of it. I hate it all. >:C

I hate them sooo much. I sincerely can't wait to move away from my top northern state and never ever EVER deal with this experience again. lol Why the sudden RRRage? I just got trapped in a car for 11 hours straight, 7 of which were spent in the middle of the highway in a snow drift on a bridge. I never want to see snow ever again. Winter, I'm done with you, go away now. I haven't slept in 4 days, eaten in what seems forever, and now I'm going to crash harder than I ever have before after a quick breakfast.

Go ahead and talk about your horrible weather crisis experiences.

The two most major weather troubles I had, lets see, one was this MASSIVE Ice storm that came through, knocked out power to the whole town, I think we were called a disaster area at one point during it, tree feel on a neighbor's house and our fish died, our cats weren't too happy either XD, it lasted for like about a week, and the other one was when, I forget which hurricane it was that hit Texas, has reformed and created a big windstorm mid-land, 100 some odd MPH wind, knocked down trees and power lines, Oh, and it knocked down one of those, I guess you'd call em awnings, over the gas pumps at a gas station, so our main route home was blocked, worst of all, we had like 5 little kittens on the back porch as the windstorm started.

I just HATE winter weather so much! I've been wanting to move out of Ohio since I got here! That ice storm back in February was brutal. I didn't leave my house for almost two weeks straight! The temperature outside never really got above freezing for those 2 weeks so it was pointless to try and go out. The roads were a mess, power was out on a lot of the streets around me. By the end of that stretch, I was surviving on a meager daily diet of noodles, bread and water! @_@ And I had even stocked up before the storm!

Oh, and I have a gallery for the pictures I managed to catch too!

http://imgur.com/a/yIg2Q

An here's the worst part about my hate for winter: My boyfriend and I are starting to talk about moving in together. This is super awesome news of course! But he's moving to Boston. BOSTON. And he wants me to come with him once he gets settled. IN BOSTON.

I USED to love winter. I detest the humid summers of the South, so the chill of winter was a relief. But now my RA makes winter evil so blaaaah.

I only have one weather story that really comares to yours. One year, Atlanta got caught a really bad ice storm. Huge amounts of ice, lots of power outages, the usual. However, what made it so bad for my family were the following:

1) On the night of the storm our hot water heater EXPLODED, leaving us with no hot water for the entirety of the ice storm

2) My town got power back about 4 or 5 days after the storm hit. The power company FORGOT my neighborhood though and left us without power for TWO WEEKS.

3) My grumpy, *****y grandparents were with us the entire time and made us all miserable.

It was NOT fun, but hardly catastrophic. I had a few incidents of near miss tornadoes, which resulted in my phobia of tornadoes but thankfully never been hit by one. OH! Almost forgot about this one.

I don't know if anybody remembers this, but in May 2010, Nashville, TN was hit by a disastrous flood. I had been up in Nashville that weekend for an anime convention and the day we were supposed to leave was the day the flood began. The only reason we managed to avoid having to stay in Nashvhille an extra week was through my Dad's extensive knowledge of the back roads of Nashville. (I was born in Nashville and we lived there for many years) The next 6 hours were my brother, my best friend, and me out driving the storm.

Ugh, I used to love winter but now I just despise it! I'm so over the freezing wind, the snow, the ice, the cold....THE COLD. I just want it to be all nice and warm outside 24/7. It feels like winter is the longest time of the year.