Story Seed; Trickster god reposted from ponies & human tools discussion

Boss_Hoss1

I was reading the topic of why ponies have human tools and where did humans go if Equestria is Earth and it started sparking a memory of something that would apply. I'm reposting here to see if it will spark any Discord based fanfics...

------------------------

(reposted from MLP Discussion -> FiM Series -> Ponies + Human Tools = WTF)

Here's something that may be an interesting twist in light of the revelalation of Discord's existance;

I will toss this out to see if it sparks any fanfics like it's trying to do with me, but my favorite Creation myth is from the Nez Pierce tribe, which could apply to the absense of humans if Equestria is Earth. :wink:

This is a loose paraphrase of the legend since Im working from memory...

In the beginning, before humans there were the First People. All the animals lived in tribes of their kind, and were as big as man would be if not more so. Each lodge (tribe) was led by the god of their race, the best ideals of their tribe in one being, Magic was everywhere and in everything and all was good.

Except for the trickster god, Coyote.

He was loath to work hard and so apparently were many in his tribe. When he heard similar complaints at the councel meeting of the other species, he had a wonderful idea.

He would use his magic to make something with more nimble paws to serve him and all the First People. Something with no fur or fang so as to depend on their masters for food and warmth.

Without telling anyone what he was up to, he worked great magics to create the worker slaves. He made the first man and woman.

In retrospect, this was not his brightest idea...

Something happened that night, magic was scattered, dimmed.

The lives of the animals turned upside down as many shrank to critter size as they lost their powers or became dumb brutes.

Coyote fled and was imprisoned on an island hidden in mist off the coast of what is now Washington state

The legend goes on to state that someday the Trickster God would escape his prison and turn the world upside down again, presumably bringing magic back in full force and bringing the animals to promenance one more.

Funny, the version I had read years ago mentioned the time of his return was calculated as sometime early this century... :wink: