Hard Headed [Boss_Hoss1/Sunshine]

Sunshine

“Not as remarkable as you, Ms. Skybright,” Bull Dozer said happily. He tended to ignore too much talk about his personal past. He wasn’t sad about it or anything, he simply just ignored any part of it that would be considered bad. Plus, they were at the carnival, it was a place built for having fun, and he was going to abide by that standard.

After the next ponies got on, Bull Dozer and Shanna stood at the gate. They were next. As they waited for the ponies to get off the ride, the brown stallion struck up some more conversation. “So what’s it like having a brother? To be honest, it sounds like it’d be kinda cool. Like havin’ a permanent best friend.”

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanna smiled at the compliment, and saw he was focused on having fun with her. She smiled and went with it.

The line moved up until they were next, with Shanna's wings quivering in excitement.

The mare smiled as she thought of her brother and nodded "Yeah, I think that's the best way of putting it. Sure, sometimes we get on each other's nerves and fight, but we quickly make up. The fun we have together more than balances it out."

She looks thoughtful "Sometime's it's like we even know what the other is thinking. Our flying teamwork is as solid as what the Wonderbolts have because of it."

She winks teasingly "Although there are times Hoss wished we didnt look so much alike. Sometimes before I met you, if all a pony could see is rump, he got pinched or slapped by a colt trying to get fresh with what they thought was me. He's been in a few fights for that. Dont tell Hoss I said that though."

Shanna snuggled against him and smiled "At least now it will never happen again with me seeing you. I think you'll scare off anyone from trying."

Bull Dozer smiled and tightened his lips to contain his laughter. “That must’ve been pretty embarrassing...not to mention painful for the pony that was trying to get fresh.” Even though he was stifling his laughter, he still felt a little pang of protectiveness strike him in the side. He didn’t know why, but he wanted to keep his eyes peeled for any stallions that may be looking at her.

Bull Dozer nodded his head to her and grinned, “don’t worry though, Ms. Skybright, you’re secret is safe with me.”

The brown stallion responded to her snuggling by purposefully standing taller and puffing out his chest. He tried to flex his muscles at the same time to show off for the mare. After she spoke about him scaring off anypony that would want to hit on her, Bull Dozer chuckled. “I’d be more than happy to keep those ponies off you, Ms. Skybright,” Bull Dozer said while glaring down at her with his hazel eyes. He could’ve ended his sentence there...but unfortunately his mouth started to move faster than his mind.

Bull Dozer expressed another chuckle, I’m the only pony allowed on you-” He went wide-eyed and blushed. Did he really just say that? “I mean. I’m the only pony that’d be in on you...er...” he started to stutter a little bit as his face twisted into a combination of confusion and embarrassment. Even though he wanted to shut up, he just couldn’t. “W-What I mean to say is, you’d be on me too...no...”

Bull Dozer face-hoofed. After a few seconds of silence the stormcloud of words that were in his mind at the moment finally began to calm down. “...I’m sorry.”

After he said that, the ponies that were on the roller coaster ride had come to a stop and were finally getting off. The ride operator opened the gate to let Shanna and Bull Dozer through. Bull Dozer returned his hoof to the ground, and looked at Shanna. His grin and apologetic eyes almost begging her to forget about what he just said.

Shanna giggled at the comment abut it being painful for the fresh colt "Yes, They may look soft, but a pegasus wing can feel like being hit by a hoofball bat as the last one said."

The bay mare ooohed in delight as the burly stallion stood taller and worked his muscles for her, giving quite a show.

She looked up at him dreamily as he spoke to her, then she heard him say I’m the only pony allowed on you-”

It took her a moment to catch it but he went red in the face and tried to save face, stumbling on the words.

While he was trying to beat his tongue into submission, Shanna had turned a bright plum and had a silly little smile by the time he breathed out “...I’m sorry.”

The Ride finally opened just in time as he looked at her with apologetic eyes and a sheepish grin.

She smiled back and strutted proudly to the roller coaster and took her seat.

When he sat down she whispered while they had time as the other riders were seated. "Dont worry, I got the idea of what you were trying to say..." She winked teasingly " As for your subconsious... Maybe someday when the time is right..."

When Shanna strutted proudly to the roller coaster, Bull Dozer breathed a small sigh of relief that she was not mad. The brown stallion thought that after his jumbling of words, he would surely deserve a cold-shoulder. Nevertheless, he trotted behind her.

Bull Dozer got into his seat next to Shanna. He towered over her in comparison, so it looked a little bit goofy. To try and distract himself of his embarrassing moment, Bull Dozer fussed with the safety bar, trying to get it tight enough to secure Shanna, but loose enough that it was not suffocating him.

Suddenly, Bull Dozer’s ears perk as Shanna whispered to him. He felt glad that she understood what he was trying to say, even if it did come out a little inappropriate. However, when she mentioned about his subconscious, and how maybe one day...

Bull Dozer accidently released the safety bar before it could click into place, and it jolted back into its upright position. He went wide-eyed and blushed deeper than when he was talking like a foal. “Uh...w-wow...” Before the large stallion could say anything else, the ride-operator had appeared next to their cart and pushed the safety bar until it clicked a total of three times.

Before Bull Dozer had time to even look at the pony, the operator moved on to check the other ponies. Within seconds, they were off. The ride jolted forward, which took Bull Dozer by surprise. This being his first time on a roller coaster, everything felt very foreign. Instinctively, he moved his hoof over so it was on top of Shanna’s.

Shanna stifled a giggle at the blond maned stallions suddenly deeper blush and smiled reassuringly as the bar sprang back up. "It's okay." as she helped put the bar back down.

As the attendant set the bar, she pushed her wings a little against the seat to help tighten herself against the bar. "There we go, nice and comfy."

Shanna's head bobs with the lurch and rattle of the chain gear suddenly pulling the cars up the slope, and blushes cutely as Bull Dozer puts his hoof on hers.

She smiles up at him then looks forward as they near the top...

Shanna leans her head forward a bit as they crest the hill "Get ready to fly, Bull Dozer. Just imagine you have wings on..."

“Alright, Ms. Skybright...” Bull Dozer said. He couldn’t close his eyes, though, the feeling of the wind brushing against his coat and main at this height was too thrilling. It all felt surreal. Being the employee of a construction company, going to very high altitudes was a requirement...however, right now it was different. He couldn’t tell how it was different, but it just was.

That feeling soon got vanquished as the roller coaster started on its decent. It felt like his stomach was rising, and a tingling chill went up his spine. It tickled, to say the least, and it made him display a broad smile while holding Shanna’s hoof as tight as he could without hurting her.. They were going down at what felt to be a rapid pace, and it was one of the funnest feelings Bull Dozer ever had, other than breaking wood of course.

The large stallion gave a loud “whoo!” as the coaster dipped low and rose back up a smaller hill, making them go up and down quickly. Bull Dozer laughed, his eyes wide with excitement. Was this really what flying was like? If so, then it was no wonder Shanna seemed to love it.

Shanna squealed in delight as the roller coaster roared down the hill and she felt the hold on her hoof tighten.

She glanced over to see the growing grin on Bull Dozer's face as the cars went up and down.

As she watched, she giggled happily as the brown stallion whooped and laughed beside her, enjoying it as much as she did.

For her, there was a strange thrill to be doing aerobatics like this, but not under her own control.

"Here comes a loop! Hang on!"

“A loop?” Bull Dozer shouted over the rushing wind and screaming ponies. He had no idea what was in store for him, so when the cart went upside down, he let out a loud: “Whoa!”

Though it surprised him, the feeling afterwards was even more of a thrill. It was like coming close to death, and narrowly escaping. Even though the roller coaster was built with safety in mind, Bull Dozer pretended that it wasn’t, which made the whole experience all the more exciting.

All of a sudden the cart slowed to a stop, then slowly started to climb another hill, this one bigger than the one they had gone up before. As they climbed, the thrilled stallion took this time to glance down at Shanna. Her smile only made his excitement turn into a more romantic feeling. Bull Dozer brought his muzzle down to hers and nuzzled her gently. Since he was feeling a little more relaxed, he loosened his grip on the pegasus’s hoof.

Shanna squealed happily as the cart went upside down and back upright, her mane twisting and blowing behind her.

She looked at Bull Dozer, seeing him really enjoying himself as the carts came to the base of the next big hill.

She blushed cutely as the big stallion leaned down to nuzzle her and let go of her hoof.

Shanna smiles and gives him a return nuzzle as she sees the crest of the hill coming.

As they reach the top,she gives him a quick kiss before looking forward again. "Oooh This look like a FUN hill!"

Bull Dozer blushed a little as she gave him a kiss on the lips. Even though the kiss they shared at the dance was much more heated and passionate, the after-effect was the same. It left the large stallion in a silly smile with an entranced gaze.

However, Bull Dozer turned his attention back to the ride as soon as they crested the hill, he looked at what awaited them once they reached the bottom. Excitedly, the blond earth-pony pointed a hoof at the part of the track that seemed to twist. “Look! It looks like we’re gonna do a barrel roll too!”

Right after he said that, the cart started down the large hill, the feeling even more exhilarating than the last time. Again, Bull Dozer let out a “whoo hoo!” as they dipped all the way to the bottom.

Shanna smiled, herself feeling the glow awakened at that amazing kiss at the party before they reluctantly ended for the downhill ride.

She felt happy and giggly as they suddenly dropped down the slope.

Suddenly he pointed ahead of them where she saw a series of twists ahead.

Shanna squealed happily as he said "Barrel roll" as they zoomed down while he whooped in glee!

They hit the barrel roll, sending their manes sticking straight "up" from the roller coaster and she raised her forehooves,waving them wildly! The strange orientation pressing herself against her back instead of nose to tail when she flies...

Bull Dozer laughed and closed his eyes as they hit the barrel roll. The feeling was similar to going through the loop, his stomach rising up to his chest. That tickling sensation is what made him laugh, though. This had to have been the happiest he’d felt in his entire life. He was on a thrill ride, feeling an adrenaline rush that was foreign to him, and on top of that, he was soaking in the love he was feeling for Shanna...

Bull Dozer paused at that thought. Love? He didn’t know for sure if that’s what he was feeling, but he recognized how powerful that word was. In a way, he surprised himself that he so easily threw that word into his thoughts about Shanna. Really, when he thought about her, he thought about love. However, he knew better than to just go throwing that word around.

The ride continued down the track taking another sharp turn before slowing down. It seemed that the cart was going to come to a stop. However, for all Bull Dozer knew, the roller coaster could just as easily have jolted forward and made another turn, but he didn’t know.

Shanna laughed and giggled in excitement and enjoying sharing it with the handsome stallion beside her.

The car finshed its barrel roll, leaving her breathless for a moment, and looked at the stallion with a warm feeling. She hoped he felt it too. Was this love?

She eeeped and giggled as a sharp turn slid him against her and smiled up at him as she saw one last rise before the end.

Shanna nuzzled up against him as the rise gave them one last tickly sensation before coming to the end.

She panted and looked up at him as she smoothed her mane down, waiting for the bars to release "W-wow! That was fantastic! What did you think?"

Bull Dozer looked down at Shanna when the sudden turn threw her against him. His hooves that were up at the moment, slowly came down around the mare. Since the safety bar prevented him from hugging her completely, he settled for a side-hug.

The brown stallion felt the mare nuzzling against him, and smiled happily at her affection. The last hill gave him the same feeling as the others, but now it was hard to differentiate between whether it was the ride that made him feel that, or if it was his feelings for Shanna. Either way, it was amazing.

After their cart reached the bottom and came to a stop, Bull Dozer still felt the adrenaline coursing through his veins. When the beautiful pegasus mare asked what he thought about the ride, he just stared at her. He was caught by her beauty once again...and the rush of the thrill ride made his next move less of a decision and more of an impulse.

Bull Dozer leaned down and pressed his lips against the mare’s. He kissed her with a fiery passion that was fueled by the excitement he got from the roller coaster. Indeed, this kiss was a bit more rough than the one they shared at Big Time’s party, but the brown stallion was able to not kiss too roughly.

The kiss only lasted a few minutes, and when he pulled back, he blushed and flashed his sheepish grin. “Uh...sorry about that, Ms. Skybright...I s’pose this ride really got to me.” He chuckled nervously.

The operator had already begun going cart by cart and pressing the release button on the safety bars.

Shanna giggled and smiled as the big stallion gave her a half hug in the cramped space during the final moments of the ride.

She waited for an answer from Bull Dozer and got one. His eyes shining as bright as her's probably were before he leaned in and gave her a firey kiss.

Time stopped for the bay mare, her wings quivering against the back of the cart, trying to spread but held by the back of the padded seat.

She kissed back, not wanting it to end, but they eventually had to.

Shanna blushed a bright plum but smiled brightly at him "I-its okay.. It must have got to me too..."

She put her hoof on his as the bar was unlocked "Would you l-like to try one of the other rides?..." she closed her eyes for a moment, thinking of something. Well, he just earned it during that ride " ..A-and.. you may call me..Shanna, Bull Dozer..."

As the bar was unlocked, Bull Dozer rose out of his seat. He got out first, then offered his hoof to the lovely mare to help her out. When she asked if he wanted to go on another ride, the brown stallion eagerly nodded. He didn’t know if she would like it...but since it was the only other ride he knew of, he would be excited to go on it. “If you want, I’d love to go on the ferris wheel.”

Bull Dozer noticed Shanna’s stuttering, and couldn’t help but give her a loving smile. He loved how cute she was when he successfully wooed her.

The brown stallion’s ears perked when Shanna gave him permission to call her by her first name. Just that gesture alone made his heart beat a little faster. Bull Dozer humbly lowered his head and smiled at her. “Alright, Ms. Skybri-” he corrected himself, “...er...Shanna.”

Shanna continued to blush as she took his hoof and was helped from the cart.

She quickly found she needed it, breathing like she had just spun up a tornado and just a bit wobbly on her hooves after that kiss.

Shanna nodded quickly as he asked if she wanted to go on the ferris wheel, "I..I would love that, Bull Dozer."

The pretty mare giggled happily as he used her first name, and leaned into him for a moment before they headed for the Ferris wheel line.

As they reached the line, she smiled at him. "I am amazed these are all moved from town to town by pony power. the wagons must be enchanted like my pegasus cart."

Bull Dozer looked up at the huge ferris wheel and shook his head. “I don’t quite know, Ms...uh...I mean, Shanna.” The brown stallion cleared his throat and continued. “...but I sure am glad I don’t have whoevers job it is to pull that big thing around...”

When the blond maned stallion looked forward, he saw that the line wasn’t as long as it was for the roller coaster. He supposed that must’ve been for a reason. “I s’pose this ride aint as thrilling as your coaster ride.”

The brown earth-pony looked down at Shanna as they waited in line, still smiling softly. Suddenly, his attention turned to the pegasus’s wings. He put a hoof up to the one closest to him and touched it curiously. “So...uh...why is it again your wings spread out when we kiss?”

Not only would that question satisfy his curiosity, but it would provide them with some conversation while they waited.

(OOC; the Brony slang term for the effect greatly amuses me since it's one I've always RPed with my winged characters looong before FiM, as a logical visual cue for avians, pegasi, griffons, and dragons. ;)

Shanna looked up at the ferris wheel again and nodded "Oh yeah, I wouldnt want that job. Probably pony liniment for everypony after a day moving that..."

She smiled as she playfully nudged the huge brown pony "Not as exciting, but certainly cozy... and romantic."

Shanna felt so warm and happy as he looked at her, then he touched a wing with his hoof. She turned a lovely shade of plum as she got a silly grin. She has heard the slang word before in school and in the Weather Patrol but there was no easy way to explain without using it...

Shanna got a bit giggly, her blush almost glowing "W-well. Ever hear of "Fight or Flight", where you get amped to run or fight or otherwise get excited? Umm.. us pegasi literally get ready to fly for fighting, running, or..." *cough* "...rutting..."

The blushing mare leaned in and quietly whispered to his ear "Everypony I know calls it a "wingboner"...Usually when it's somepony else in class..."

Shanna nuzzles Bull Dozer to show she trusted and enjoyed him enough to tell him this in the middle of a loud, busy crowd, and was only embarrased over the word itself. She give him a tender kiss on the cheek so he wont' blame himself for anything.

((OOC: oh really? XD I didn't know that term existed before FiM))

At first, Bull Dozer nodded his head at Shanna’s explanation. It sounded reasonable, but he wondered if she wanted to fly while kissing him. Suddenly, the real reason was whispered to him...

The large stallion’s eyes went wide as soon as Shanna mentioned rutting. All those times when Bull Dozer had that affect on her suddenly became much more intimate. Now that he knew this relatively personal detail about Shanna, however, any expectation of what they were going to talk about was gone.

“So...so when they’re uh...” Bull Dozer tried to choose his words carefully, “...erect...you want to...wow...” Though he felt speechless at first, the brown stallion came back down to earth when Shanna nuzzled and kissed him on the cheek. Bull Dozer put a hoof around her neck and gave her a short hug. He kissed her on the cheek, then released as the line moved up a little bit.

Bull Dozer stood closer next to her, his fur barely brushing against hers. “Shanna...um...thanks for sharing that with me...” The stallion grinned at her. Even though Bull Dozer wasn’t one for empathy, he couldn’t help but noticed how embarrassed or shy the mare sounded.

Meanwhile, at the moment, only two more ponies were between them and the ride. Though Bull Dozer wasn't one-hundred percent sure, he predicted this ride was going to be much better than it was when he was a colt.

(OOC: As far as Iknow the term originated with FiM, but I've been playing the effects well before the show ;-)

Shanna giggled and blushed, then gently kissed him on the nose, and spoke quietly near his ear "Well because we are hard put to control our wings like that, it's more of a display, like blushing. I'm not... um, ready instantly or anything, but it's a clue when you are heading in the right direction..."

Shanna stretched a wing to loosen it, then re-folded it.

"It's also a little bit extra to let you know you are doing great at being romantic. Dont be afraid to make me do that, because I can control myself like any good filly. This is an awesome date with someone I am getting to know and care about."

She smiled and leaned into him for the remaining time they had to wait.

((OOC: Oooh, I see :blush: how long have you RP'd for?))

Bull Dozer nodded at what she said, “Oh, I see...” He was still blushing, but now that he had a better understanding, he felt confident in the date itself. Now it was his goal to make her wings extend like before. Though Shanna said she was having a great date, Bull Dozer intended to make it even better.

After the last two ponies got into the cart for the ferris wheel, it spun just enough so that an empty cart was ready to be boarded. The operator pony opened the gate to let Shanna and Bull Dozer on. Politely, the brown stallion allowed Shanna to enter first then followed soon after.

Once inside, the operator shut the door then went over to his seat and hit a button that started the ride. Slowly, the ferris wheel started to lift the two ponies upward.

Bull Dozer was excited. It could be seen in his eyes. He looked around at the view from the height they were currently at and smiled broadly. At the moment, he felt like a colt again, however he controlled himself better now than he did when he was young. He didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of his date.

Instead of going wild, Bull Dozer gazed into Shanna’s eyes, her beautiful eyes that seemed to reflect the lights of the carnival. He put a hoof around her as his broad smile turned back into a grin. “Shanna...you look very pretty.” Though Bull Dozer wanted to say more, he wasn’t a poet, and had trouble coming up with the right words to describe how he felt. "you're...uh...coat is beautiful...just like your eyes are..."

(ooc; For over 10 years now. ^_^ )

Shanna smiles sweetly as Bull Dozer helps her into the car, then gets in beside her.

She smiles and nuzzles his cheek as the bar is set down, and watches as the ground falls away below them, Still an odd sensaton when she is not in control of it.

Shanna's wings tremble in delight against the seat as his powerful hoof slips around her shoulders and atop her wings.

She shivers happily and turns her head to look at him, his hazel eyes reflecting the lights as well.

The bay mare smiled as he praised her beauty. She was sure he would get better at it, but for now it was wonderful for being heartfelt.

She shook her mane to show it off, "Mmm Thank you, and you look wonderful against the lights. I really shine under Luna's moon as you will see."

((Oh wow O_O I've been RPing for about 8 years lol I was first introduced to RP on Myspace XD how about you?))

When Shanna showed off her mane, Bull Dozer felt his feelings for the pegasus growing stronger. Her alluring eyes, her sleek coat, her beautiful mane. It was enough to drive the brown earth-pony crazy with affection.

Bull Dozer hugged her body snugly against his. He leaned down and nuzzled the mare’s cheek while whispering to her, “I’m sure you do...” The earth pony tried to kiss her cheek, however his lips touched her ear more than anything else.

The ferris wheel brought the two up until the were as high as the ride could go. Bull Dozer pulled his head back just in time to see the beautiful mare in the moonlight. The sight itself was stunning, and once again left Bull Dozer at a loss for words. He hugged her a bit tighter, and leaned in for another kiss on the lips. Since it was hard for him to express himself through words, he thought it better to express himself with action.

The hazel-eyed stallion brought his lips against hers once again, but this time he tamed the wild passion that was brewing inside him. The kiss was long and passionate, just as the air around them felt electric. Bull Dozer decided to make the moment even more passionate by using his hoof to gently pet the wing farthest from him. He didn’t know if she would like that, but it was worth a shot.