Hard Headed [Boss_Hoss1/Sunshine]

Sunshine

Shanna waved a hoof at him in mock severity "I saw that whack you got in the head earlier. I want you working with a helmet. if you wont borrow yours back, you wear mine until I get you a new one from Cloudsdale, as a gift." She smiles "My hail helmet is a universal fit."

Bull Dozer then gave her a quick peck on the lips, silencing her for the moment.

She watched over her shoulder as he buckled in, taking a little time to do so. She nodded when he said he was ready, and smirked when she saw where he was looking.

Shanna then looked forward, "Here we go." and took off with a showy trot, arrowing up and turning West when she cleared any buildings nearby.

If he looks up any higher than her tail, he will see her checking the stars for direction every minute. Her heart pounded quicky, her tension building the closer they got to being truely alone.

She looks back to him when they reach the outskirts of the city, the dots of streetlamps below ending abruptly. "I want to get us far from these lights so we can see the stars, and also for some... privacy."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Dozer thought about rebutting Shanna’a argument against keeping the helmet, but he knew that if he did that, he might upset her. That was one thing the earth-pony learned from his father; if you find yourself stuck in a hole, the best thing to do is to stop digging.

Once they started to go above the clouds, Bull Dozer couldn’t help but look down at the city below with his curious eyes. Everything looked so small from way up here. The city had always been big, the buildings always towered over him, he never noticed how tiny they could look from this perspective. Bull Dozer took note that a pegasus has the luxury of enjoying the sight whenever they wanted. Just another reason wings seemed like a nifty thing to have...

After gawking at the sight below, Bull Dozer looked at the sight above. The stars. Though they hadn’t broken through the clouds yet, the brown stallion wondered what they might look like once they got there. They were on the outskirts of town already...now they just needed to get high enough to be completely hidden away. Just hearing Shanna talk about how beautiful the stars were away from the city made him anticipate the scene. Though it was hard for him to truly appreciate the stars, he was more excited at the thought of how pretty Shanna would look beneath them...

Bull Dozer’s thoughts refocused onto the mare pulling the cart...he wanted so badly to tell her. He wanted to share his feelings with her. However, even if they both knew how the other felt, Bull Dozer didn’t want to say it until the time was right. With the inspiration of Shanna’s stars, and beneath the light of Luna’s moon, the stallion hoped that when he said those three magic words...that they would do nothing less than take her breath away...

Shanna found herself flapping rapidly and forced herself to pace her rythem. *..Dont' wear yourself out, filly...*

She hoped he was enjoying his flight, but at least he was not freaking out or getting airsick.

Shanna took a peek behind her and smiled, then looked back ahead. The stars were already brighter, but they would be really bright soon.

She did not want to pick the nearest cloud either, she wanted nice, fluffy and tight clouds, that wont' slowly disperse out from under her cart.

Shanna remembered there was a set of hills somewhere ahead that cause an updraft that got clouds stuck in an eddy current. An inconvenience when herding clouds around, but a known place to find somewhere to sit and rest. This late, nopony would happen to need a rest either, and the stars would be really bright out there.

Finally, she saw the ghostly shine of moon on clouds ahead. She rose up a litlle and did a cursory loop around the biggest cloud to be sure there was nopony around, then set down with a gentle bump. "We're here!"

Shanna looked back at Bull Dozer before unhitching herself. "Remember, do not leave this cart without a parachute or a cloudwalking spell..." She paused, looking like she wanted to smack her forehead "You know, that spell would be a great idea for our next date. This was pretty spontaneous."

Out of harness, she set the parking brake and bracing legs of the cart, then she pulled a horse blanket from one of the storage spaces and passed it over the side for him to spread out.

Shanna went into a hover and made sure she was backlit by the moon before setting down before him inside the cart. "So, what do you think of Luna's stars up here? This is my world on every night possible." She waved a hoof where she knew the Milky Way would be from his angle.

Bull Dozer grunted a little as the cart bumped to a stop. He heard Shanna say they were now at their destination...and his heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. The moment was now closer than ever. Soon, he would finally say what he needed to say.

The large stallion nodded to Shanna after she instructed him not to leave the cart. He figured that falling to his death would probably be one of the worst things to do during a date. Bull Dozer unbuckled himself from the cart, then sat back as set up the parking break and undid herself from the harness. When she passed the blanket to him over the side of the cart, he instantly grabbed it in his mouth and spread it out for them to sit or lay on.

When the pegasus hovered to get into the cart, Bull Dozer watched her and saw how beautiful she looked while flying at night. The moon made her pelt look like it was glowing, and as she landed in front of him, he saw just how well the stars complimented her blue eyes.

"So, what do you think of Luna's stars up here? This is my world on every night possible."

Bull Dozer looked up at the night sky. Everything was so clear...much clearer than when it was on the ground. Though, he didn’t look at the beautiful white dots on the night’s canvas for long. His eyes returned to his date. With a small smirk he said, “it’s beautiful...” he chuckled and nuzzled her.

Suddenly, his expression changed into one of nervousness. “You know, Shanna...um...remember when you talked about how I make you try new things?” Bull Dozer paused before he continued, “...well I’ve never ridden a roller coaster before...or ridden in a cart like this one...or given a mare a tour of Fillydelphia on my back...” Bull Dozer cleared his throat and averted his eyes. “I guess what I’m tryin’ to say is...you make me try new things too...and...” The stallion struggled a little bit, “...I love that about you...”

Bull Dozer looked Shanna straight in the eyes. He had to do this, and he had to do it with courage and confidence. “Shanna...I love you....I love you more than I’ve loved anything...like buckin’ things or food...” The stallion didn’t stop there, “...I mean, I like those things...but if I had to choose between them and you, I’d always choose you.”

Now, Bull Dozer sat and waited. He felt like staring directly into her eyes at that moment was going to burn him alive, so he looked down a little bit. The stallions cheeks were a slight shade of red. It felt good to get that off his chest...he just hoped that he hadn’t made himself look like a fool in front of his date.

As she sat down alone at last wih Bull Dozer, the blood roared in Shanna's ears and she wondered if he could hear her heart beating. Then again, His was probably as loud to him.

Shanna nodded at each pause as Bull Dozer worked his way to the words she was hoping to hear. She held her breath when he looked away from her and said “...I love that about you...”

Her hide trembled as she waited for more, He turned his eyes to hers and spoke again “Shanna...I love you.."

She heard every word of his declaration of love. When he finally looked down, she hugged him tight with both her hooves and wings, crying. "And I would always choose you! I love you too Bull Dozer!"

She kissed him for the longest time, finally pausing for air. "T-the old mare's tale.. It was that a pegasus would trade feathers...w-with their... soul m-mate. I figured.. well, No harm in giving my feather as a promise to visit o-often... but it worked! You gave me your most p-prized posession, f-for my feather!"

She cried happy tears as she held him.

She finally sniffled and smiled as she dug into her underwing pouch, bringing out what her brother had hidden there. "I..think it's.. y'know...time..."

Her wings snapped out behind her, trembling with emotion and backlit by the moon...

(OOC: time for fadeout after your response? ;) )

((OOC: Eeyup ;-) ))

The doubt that was in Bull Dozer’s mind was washed away instantly as Shanna hugged him tighter than he’d felt her hug him before. He could feel the tears streaming down her cheeks and against his coat as she hugged him. He hugged her back gently with both hooves. When she kissed him, he closed his eyes and fell into it without any hesitation whatsoever. The kiss went longer than he had expected, but with his lips pressed against hers, time flew by.

Once Shanna pulled back, Bull Dozer slowly opened his eyes. Seeing her staring at him with her stunning eyes in the moonlight made him breathe out a small sigh of happiness. He couldn’t believe that the same mare he met in line at a party, was also the mare he was destined to be with. She was smart, adventurous, and not to mention talented. Bull Dozer may not have had much intelligence, but he knew he would follow this mare wherever she went, so long as she would have him.

When Shanna spoke about the old mares tale, Bull Dozer smirked at her. He saw her crying, and just couldn’t help but nuzzle her encouragingly. “...I s’pose it just felt like the right thing to do, Shanna...”

When Shanna reached into her pouch, Bull Dozer curiously looked to see what she was trying to get. After seeing what was hidden away in her underwing pouch, the stallion went wide eyed and gasped. He then proceeded to go into a coughing fit as some saliva went down the wrong pipe.

When he finally got a break from the coughing, he looked at her, “sorry...that just caught me by surprise a little...” he coughed a few more times, then looked at the mare again, “...but...uh...y-yeah...I’m ready when you are, Shanna...”

Though it seemed to be a normal cloudy night from below, above the clouds was a much more romantic and intimate scene...it was a beautiful night, and the romance between two ponies was unstoppable. Truly, this would go down as the best night that either of them have ever experienced...