Alec's Artstuffs!

crp_dude

AWW YEAH DOUBLE POSTING WOOHOO! It's 4 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink! :mad:

skatersgonnaskate.png

For a requester over on FA. One more, and I will be officially request-free.

• Like 1

I guess they are! As far as requests go, yeah, I'm waiting to clear my plate before I start taking any more requests, so for now it's commissions, which are fairly cheap for the quality of work.

All the commission info is here: http://crpdude.deviantart.com/journal/Commissions-288672530

Oh man am I already on Crazy Oatmeal status? Wow.

As a bit of a relaxing step down, I decided that with all of my fancountries for MLP, I might as well put out the major differences, appearance-wise.

multiculturalcolts.jpg

This is just page one, there are tons more where that came from. I think I do too much worldbuilding, mayhaps.

AWW YE X4 POST COMBO, 600-POST COMBO HERE I COME!!!

Did this one for another requester. This one marks the last of my requests, woohoo! Commissions only from here-on-out!

Amber.png

hi hi

C-c-combo breaker!

I've been noticing that long tall legs are rather popular amongst the sophisticated crowd. Maybe you've noticed this too, but short ponies don't get a lot of fan attention do they?

Well, that's a good point! Let's analyze that, shall we?

Now, the way I see it, this is just another product of the common MO for any Original Character. Check out any fandom, and I guarantee almost every character you see will be tall, unless they're children, and sometimes they're still tall even then. I mean, I'll be honest when I say that I don't expect to be drawing something like this anytime soon, although I suddenly kind of want to:

tooshort.png

x2 BUILDING IT UP AGAIN, WATCH OUT FORUMS HERE I COME

So, I was up two nights ago working on the vector of my OC, and I was just about ready to do the body, so I took a look at the face. It was then that I realized I didn't need to do anything else. It was...

BEAUTIFUL.

Incidentally, my OC is indeed strangely obsessed with tubs of honey. Take that as you will.

Hey look at me and all of my huge art! I don't even care that it takes up the whole page, yo!

MasalaChaiRedo.png

Thought to redo an old character, and I'm nothing if not totally in love with how she came out! Masala Chai is back in the swing!

hi hi

I dunno Alec... With that kind of expression, I'd be wondering just what else she put in that cup o brew. :P Seems like it would be just the thing for some high class fancy restaurant, what with the decorative scarf and the carefully managed mane, and any proprietors would be used to that kind of super self confidence. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oof, it's been a while since I've done this, or at least that's how I feel. Anyways, I just finished a vector piece that somepony (Namely the fairly new MidnightRead) decided to take up my offer on. Despite the limited frame, it came out nicely!

Midnightpony.png

Fun Fact: It's surprisingly hard to remake the hair you see in Pony Creator, so I just tried my best and went with it. Not too bad, yes?

Okay, now for my first big thing in a while! Had this sketched up a while ago, but only now did I decide to vector it!

DApic.png

This is to be my profile picture for DeviantArt! Those who are interested in my progress and commissions would do well to watch me (self-publicity, woohoo)

http://crpdude.deviantart.com/

Is anypony else suddenly crazy about Rayman Origins? Holy gosh that game is amazing, it's pretty much the stuff of my dreams. In particularly, a design that has become an affixation of mine is the Nymphs, just, all six of them. Yikes, they're cool. So cool that being the worldbuilder I am, I've started drawing up my own set of OC Nymphs.

Of the Six of these parallel Nymphs, only one of them is Male. He is tasked as the personal assistant to a mysterious maker that seems to exist on the other side--literally, the opposite face-- of the Glade of Dreams. Humble but unwavering in his convictions, Terra proves to be not only a hard worker, but also a great leader and warrior during troubled times.

TerraNymph.png

This has yet to be shaded. Look forward to that soon!

The vectors just don't stop happening!

TerraNymphcolor.png

As you can see, the shading turned out perfect! I'd say it's a very nice testament to the style Rayman Origins showcases!

hi hi

It kind of makes me wonder if there are some secret tricks that the folks at Studio B use for some of their work. There are parts of it that are extra complicated and I always find myself wondering how they got that done on time.

Ya know, that's not a bad point, and it actually serving as the basis of my next big project. I'll get something nice done as a result of this, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking my own silence here...

SleepyStitch.png

Consider this a study in simple texturing. The frayed mane and tail is meant to give that patchwork effect you often see in dolls.

This piece was made at the request of one of my favorite dollmakers, Dawniblush. Give her some love and attention, it's worth the work she puts into her own stuff!

Hey, look at that, a picture that I just drew and didn't vector! Now, have fun with staring at Apis's face.

Apisfront.jpg

Do you want to hug him yet? No? Liar. :smug: