Berry Punch, the Wine Expert/Maker!

SunsetSombra

berrypunch.jpg

Name:

Well, My name is Berry Punch...I suppose it's appropriate, given my acquired taste in many beverages!

Sex:

I'll have you know I'm every INCH a female, thank you very much - that was a little rude to ask!

I'm a mild mannered mare, and proud of that. My, these questions...very personal, aren't they?

Species:

A humble earth pony...it's not the perfect life, but it has it's perks.

Pelt Color:

A nice shade of Pink, like a fine Rose' wine!

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

A deeper shade of pink for the tail, which is often a common coloration for, of course, berry punch.

Eye Color:

Purple - very much like the color of Grapes, now that I think about it a little!

Cutie Mark:

*Sighs* Well, if you must know...a strawberry and a vine of grapes. Really, couldn't life have even been a little more subtle about it?

Physique:

I suppose I'm 'okay' - in that I don't burst into hysterical breathing fits when running. Does 'Adquately okay' count?

Origin:

I've lived here in Ponyville since I was a foal - not everything has been smooth, of course, and my family suffered hard times that...well, changed things. My dad was a landlord of a local pub, and my mother...well, she performed onstage there most nights. I can't remember all of the details, of course, only being a young filly at the time - I was told it had something to do with loans and 'bad ponies'. Long story short, we wound up moving to canterlot to stay with family. Skip ahead to where I've already gotten my cutie mark { I'll explain below! } and finding my feet with my own winery.

Indeed, I'm a maker of ponyvilles finest wines and beverages, not some common house town drunk as so many ponies desire to see me as!

Roleplay Type:

You'll find me in the mane RP - pop by for a drink!

I'm currently running the Golden Shoe Vineyard, which is located just in the outer fringes of the everfree forest!

Motivation:

To be honest, my main motivation is to just enjoy life and keep things running smoothly for me and my Daughter, Ruby Pinch.

Anything other than that, well...it'd be a bonus, I suppose.

I enjoy a good drink now and then...IN MODERATION, before anypony insinuates otherwise.

Also, I like spending time with Ruby, along with quiet strolls in my vineyards reading - I do enjoy a good fantasy book, here and there!

Dislikes:

I don't know if you've picked up on this...BUT I really hate this notion that I'm nothing but a drunken slob - The reality is I work hard, I play hard, and I make the best tasting wines in Ponyville - half of the ponies drinking wouldn't be DRINKING if it weren't for my personal expertise!

{Character Summary: Post 2}

Character Summary/Extended Origin:

I suppose I should start by pointing out that I'm Ponyville's finest Juice, Wine and Beverage maker...I'm known for making some of the tastiest fruit-based drinks in town, and most ponies come to me if they need anything in that department. Now you're all probably thinking that there's some big tale to how I got to be where I am, and where my cutie mark comes into play...well, it goes a little like this!

Back in the days of my time in Canterlot, I found myself helping my dad when he tried to make his name as a drinks server in Canterlot...he was never quite as popular there owing to the more elitist ponies, but he did find a modicum of success amongst the less fortunate side of that community.

I was just a young filly at the time, hadn't truly lived enough to try my hoof at a great deal - my flank was still bare, and I was beginning to feel the strain of not having a clear vision of where I was meant to be in life...although given my heritage and their lifestyle, there's almost a sense of inevitability in what I would eventually discover to be my so called 'personal talent'.

It was late one evening, and I was feeling a little thirsty - my mother and father were asleep after a long days work...but I couldn't sleep with all the ruckus in the area, the sound of celebrating or drunken ponies ringing through the air like badly tuned church bells - As a young pony at home at the time like myself, nothing prevents you from sleeping faster than that, I'll tell you that right now.

Anyhow, I wanted a drink...so I figured I'd take some time in the kitchen to make myself something tasty - we kept a lot of different fruits and such there from time to time and I found myself enchanted by the wide choices available. This would also be a good time to point out that my cutie mark isn't about alcoholic drinks...it's about the use of fruits to make great tasting drinks - my craft with alcoholic beverages was something I took time to learn because of my folks, and not something I was magically skilled at - That's a distinction I feel I simply must clarify before I continue!

Anyhow, I found myself combining a large quantity of various fruits like Strawberries, Grapes, Plums, and such (peeled and then broken into bits, obviously) into a mortar and pestle...using both hooves to mash up and squish the fruits into a fine paste before adding a little water and lemon juice to it. I used it because, well, I was a kid and I knew how to at the time...plus it's truly one of the best methods to really pulp some fruit down for use in some drinks and foods - Admittedly, I'm not really much good on the food preparation side of things though!

After adding a little spice and such to the mix, I filtered out any unwanted pips and whatever else, poured the contents of the bowl into a glass, added a little water and mixed it up...and then downed the contents with a few swigs - the result was an interestingly spicy yet fruity combination, and one that I've now managed to nail down into a delicious personal downtime drink...my very own berry and fruit punch, you could say.

It was at this moment that I realised I'd made something quite spectacular - and caught sight of my flank in a nearby window...there it was, my cutie mark had appeared. It wasn't a grand moment like some other ponies, but I was still proud nonetheless...and so were my folks, it seemed, who had been quietly watching as I worked in the kitchen to make my punch. I'd been so occupied with my goal that I'd lost all sense of spacial awareness...

And thus they decided that perhaps this was a good chance to see if they could teach me things themselves so that I could make my own name in a better way than they ever had...and I suppose that mostly tells how I came to both have my cutie mark and my personal knowledge of beverages.

I moved back to Ponyville a few years after that event to make my own way - my folks had given me some bits, and there was a cheap deal on land by the everfree forest, on the outer limits of Ponyville...it took a little time to get things set up, but long story short, I managed it and here I am.

You...asked about my daughter Ruby Pinch?

I love her very much. She goes to school here with the other young foals her age, and is a very mischievous young thing. She's a large part of my life and I don't ever imagine not having her around...we get by and enjoy life on a daily basis, of course, no matter what happens!

She doesn't know who her father is - neither do I... <Berry looks a little uncomfortable at this> To be honest, I'm trying not to think about how it all happened, too - it was a night that I let my guard down, and things got a little heated. I never heard from him again afterwards...I never even got his name.

Regardless, she is my little Pinchy and I look after her like any loving mother would...and whilst I don't always have a lot of time during some days, I still spend as much quality time with her as I can during the week - however, she does have friends who come and play with her daily.

For now, I suppose that's all there is to say about myself - I'm just a mother pony trying to better herself and her daughters lives...!