(Canterlot) Tome and Torch Library[OPEN]

soraos21

"Aww... no reason to be like that about it," Dazzle muttered as Malediction dealt with the librarian and then huffily made an exit. Maybe she was just shy? Dazzle smiled. That was probably it. She just acted mean, but she was really nice inside. She just didn't know how to express herself. Dazzle giggled a little and nodded. She'd meet Malediction again someday and then they'd be friends. She was sure of it!

"Bye bye," she called back to the librarian before skipping off to make her way to class.

(EXIT)

"Well... That was certainly... interesting." Grim turned back to the cupboard and pulled Malediction's books out. He did indeed wish to share these books with other ponies, but he also wanted to ensure that there was always a copy of one of her books available to her. Pondering for a few moments, Grim settled on an idea: He would have the contents of the books copied, and would stock the shelves with the copies. Getting out a quill and scroll, Grim wrote a letter to one of his friends. He then placed the letter in the mailbox for the mailponies to collect later in the day. Until they arrived, however, Grim would have to wait.

"Might as well look over Malediction's books for damages." And so, Grim skimmed through the books, waiting patiently for new customers to arrive.

A Dapple Grey Pony wearing a Monacle walked into the library looking around and smiled heading up to the only other pony in the room "Excuse me sir! Do you have any books about embroidery ? " He asked with a happy smile on his face "Is this your library? It is positively exquisite! " Looking around at the shining shelves, the air thick with the smell of old and new books! IT Was heaven he could live here if he didn't love sewing so much "And I would like to get a library card as well"

Grim looked up at the newcomer and smiled warmly at him. "Yes, this is indeed my library, and thank you for the compliment. Now, you say you're looking for a book on embroidery, yes? I believe there is one here somewhere. If you would kindly follow me." Grim walked out from behind his desk and walked over to the quilting section, grabbing some papers with his magic. "Please sign in the necessary lines and when you're finished, you'll have your card. Now, is there a specific book on embroidery you're looking for or do you not really care?" Grim stopped at the beginning of the embroidery subsection in the quilting section of the library.

He followed the other pony with light trots "Oh nothing too specific but I need inspiration for a bag and I just can't seem to get it so I figured looking at a few books with the designs in them would inspire me" He said "It is? Wow such a wonderful place you must really love books, I am Cashmere, it is a pleasure to meet you sir"

Watching the papers he nodded "Alright and how much is the fee?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Cashmere. My name is Grim Moire, or Grim for short. The cards are only one bit in price, and add an extension on books you've checked out and a discount on books you buy." Grim floated the papers over to Cashmere for him to sign. Looking around at the books, Grim stated, "One of my friends here in town is a woodworker of no small talent. I once asked him where he gets inspiration for his works. He stated that he looked at the world around him for inspiration. He actually managed to impress a dragon with the piece that was inspired by the dragon's own image. As far as I know, that piece is still a part of that dragon's hoard. Hint hint."

He levitated the pen and signed it, putting the Bit on the counter and smiled" Oh I can understand that! I make designs by studying ponies, the color of their pelt, the shade of their mane, their cutie marks it's so fascinating" He said and smiled "But I need to make some sample bags for display and figured some pretty patterns would suffice for now you see" Cashmere smiled trotting over by him to watch " So anything with pretty pictures will work"