[Ponyville Outskirts] "Have at you, foul beast!" [Closed]

Cat Napper

Dark cackled faux-maniacally at his victory, smiling and returning the soft loving nuzzle that Cat gave as they hugged close, "Ahahhahah! Victory is mine, as usual." the colt said with a grin. While he was cocky, he was only teasing this time. Though still in his mind, he always won, and right now, he felt like he won the world. Sitting back up, Dark didn't release the hug, it was too good to let get away, just like the one who was giving it, "Well...Friends turn their back on you, and are never real. You're not like that, right? So I can't really use that word for you...But...since I know you won't do that, I guess you could say you're my friend too...Argh this is all so confusing." rubbing his head Dark sighed, it was like trying to break through a brick wall, his ways of thinking were so set in stone, "But I'll try to be the best for you too. And just think! When I take over, you'll get to be my queen! How fortuitous!" he said with a wide smile, it would be SO much easier to rule with someone, rather than just alone, and he was sure Cat could be evil if she really tried. They would rule the land like no others before them! Evil Overlord and Evil Queen!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat's ears lowered only slightly hearing what the young villain told her. With that perception of what a friend is, the poor colt must've been treated awfully at some point. With a soft sigh, the artist rolled her eyes and patted Dark comfortingly, poor guy couldn't figure out what she meant. She'd explain it, for now though it seemed best to drop the subject... and try her very hardest not to laugh. He really took himself very seriously as a super villain of Discord's tier, didn't he? His fillyfriend doubted he'd ever really gain any position of power doing what he was now, let alone take over Equestria. She smiled softly rather, turning her gaze away from his shyly and decided to humor the colt.

"Ah well, I dunno. Do I really seem like the type that's cut out for, eh, evil ruling?" She swished her tail thoughtfully, and let out a light giggle at the thought of herself ruling anypony. It was just too far fetched for even her imagination! Lazily, Cat lay her head back in the grass, vision surrounded by lovely green tinted gold blades and the vast baby blue of the midday sky.

"Nah.. I really don't think so. I'm not.. well, mean enough.." She said, a bit thoughtfully. Dark was better than he really acted, and stubborn. It didn't seem likely that anytime soon he'd start to show his inner goodness, not for a long time. But the pegasus filly did have the confidence that if anypony really could, it would be the little insignificant artist from Cloudsdale. Herself, the only pony the colt honest to Luna trusted.

That didn't seem an easy task, but she'd do her best. She always did for the ponies she loved.

Dark blushed a bit at the patting. It was going to take a while for the villain to get used to the affection, but now that they were together, it shouldn't be that hard. Having faced more harrowing challenges than he could count, he was certain he could get used to something so simple as that. Right? "Oh most definitely! You could be the ominous evil queen to my malevolent iron hoofed king! We'd make and amazing team after all. I'd strike fear by being ever present, always watching, and you could be the terror that haunts them as they sleep, a shadow they always feel watching them. It'd be marvelous on many multiple levels!" he said with a grin that was both disconcerting and adorable at the same time.

"Well, you don't HAVE to be mean. You can just pretend to be. Deception is another good way to keep the masses under your control. Make them think you'll end them in the blink of an eye! Bluff good enough, and no one will ever think to challenge you!" the colts perceptions on what worked were rather skewed at best, perhaps he was just that silly, or maybe he had read one two many cheesy comic books in his day. Whatever the case may be, Dark Core was completely determined to be the greatest evil villain in the world. Though his reasoning behind it was still a mystery.

• 1 month later...

"Dunno. Deception isn't really my thing either, just seems, mean. Meaner than being mean right up front in a way." The filly's silver stare picked out a little butterfly drifting over her head and fluttering back and forth, entertaining herself as she spoke by playfully reaching out and trying to catch the critter between her forehooves. "I'm not evil. A bit of a prankster sometimes, but all in good fun. I can't see too well the vaue in hurting ponies just for the hay of it." Tongue poking out of the side of her mouth in concentration, Cat aimed, kicked her hind feet up, and clapped her forehooves around the butterfly, bringing it down into her chest where she opened the gentle container the hollows of her hooves provided to peak inside at the fluttering creature. The sight tugged a relaxed smile onto her lips, and the filly opened her hooves to let it take flight and delicately soar off over her head once more.

"Yeah.. I come here sometimes just to, I dunno, appreciate the little, simple things. The beautiful blue overhead, the feeling of the grass swishing against your sides, the smell of a season coming to end. I'm an artist so, I guess these things've always stuck out to me.. I never wanted to hurt anyone or, gain incredible power, or take over all of Equestria! But, I've been happy all the same.." Cat's smile widened as she had to stop herself there, she was speaking her thoughts again. Dark proved to be a wonderful listener though, even if she doubted he could see things her way too well. With a little giggle, she turned her attention back to the young dyed colt beside her, light glinting in her smile cast from the radiance of the day.

"Anyways.. that aside, do I even look like a pony who could be be involved in any reign of terror?" Almost as if to emphasize the pegasus's point, the small monarch butterfly she'd caught returned to her, delicately floating on its marvelous wings to alight in one of the dusty locks that framed Cat's face.

Dark smiled softly as he watched the filly's antics. Even something as simple as catching a butterfly, she put her everything into, even if only in jest. That was one of the many things that Dark found wonderful about her. If he had half the determination she had, then maybe he would already be ruling. If not the world, at least a small town or a burg. Listening to her speak Dark chuckled a bit as she finally caught the monarch, holding it delicately in her hooves with a small, before setting it free.

"Heheh, fair enough." he said with a nod as the butterfly landed in her hair, adding it's beauty to her existing radiance, "But I think having you by my side as Queen would be wonderful. Ruling over the world together would be great bonding, don't you think? You could be the ambassador of sorts! Handle all the making ponies like us and such, you're good at that!" he said with a nod, she made him like her, that was proof enough to Dark that she would be a good ambassador for him, as well as a Queen.

Cat snorted softly, holding back laughter. Oh he was just so stubborn it was, it was just beyond cute! "Hmm.." She considered it for a moment, tapping a hoof to her chin thoughtfully. There was no way a colt Dark's age could hold onto whatever grudge and comic books fueled his desire to become a villain, not for too long at least. And well, neither of them would be kids forever would they?

The filly never thought about it too closely, after she'd began living on her own at such an early age, playing pretend seemed to slip away from her and her focus on her career sharpened. What harm would it do if she just played along with her coltfriend? If anything, she'd stick around and be sure he didn't get himself into TOO much trouble. And who knows, a bit of evil role playing might just turn out to be fun!

"Well, this does seem to be an offer I simply CAN'T refuse..." Cat grinned, acting still as though deep in thought and consideration. "Though heheh... maybe we can hold off on me being your Queen juuust for now. I've got to learn the ropes, don't I?" He amusement was more apparent as she let a few giggles slip. "And you know, being King and Queen would mean.. we uh, get married... and we've been dating for maybe twenty minutes." The pegasus leaned her head back with a soft sigh, staring at the world turned upside down as she gave Dark a few minutes to let her words sink in. So adorable how easily flustered he was.

"If you want to apprentice me, well, I suppose one day I'll be evil enough to rule by your side! We have a deal here, oh superior and maniacal mastermind Dark Core?"

Dark grinned as Cat thought. Certainly she could see all the benefits evil had! Sure it didn't have free healthcare or dental, but all the other perks where there. Set your own hours, be your own boss, send out peons to do your dirty work, enslave the world in an iron tight grip of terror and fear. Just like politics! But even better!...Worse!...Either way, the villainous colt was certain she would see things his way, she was as smart as she was pretty, after all.

"It indeed is! I mean you could, but eventually when I take over the world you would join me and we...wou...ld...WAIT w-what, married?!" if Dark's face turned any brighter red, one would think he was part tomato. The colt stammered, was that true? Married, that was, a weird and scary thought. Not because of the thought of him and Cat but. Ewww, marriage. He'd have to get all gussied up and everything and ewww, "Uh. Right. Yes. Longer than, yeah. Uhm. RIGHT! Evil, I would be honoured to take you on as an apprentice of the vile and maniacal arts! We'll have to get you an evil moniker of course...hmmm..."

"Wait what?" Cat blinked. Of course, of course she would have to create an evil persona for herself. Dark Core definitely wasn't her coltfriend's real name, she knew that much. But thinking of an villainous alias for who was more than likely literally the most harmless filly in all of Equestria would prove to be a bit.. different. The sneaky pegasus though, she had her own ideas of where to turn the conversation, still giggling to herself at Dark's reaction to marrying her. "Oh come now, don't you know that in order to rule as partners with a girl you love, eh, villains do love don't they? Anyways, in order to do that, and to have the title King and Queen, Emperor and Empress, Lord and Lady, whatever you like, you gotta be married to her. Everyone knows that!"

Cat nodded knowingly and slowly pulled herself off of her back and out of the comfy cushion of grass beneath her, now flattened into the vague shape of her body, and began by teasingly sitting up and a rather professional manner and putting on her sweetest, friendliest smile. "It wouldn't be too bad would it?" She chuckled and stood up, slowly circling the colt with eyes piercing seemingly into his soul, like a hungry manticore eyeing her prey. This was too fun, of course she was only doing this to make him nervous. "I mean, a villainous wedding could be interesting, not like that traditional Princey Princess stuff."

The pegasus winked and flicked her tail against her coltfriend's chin before suddenly giving an enthusiatic leap into the air, where she hovered eye to eye with the young villain, smiling in what could be an almost maniacal way, if it wasn't so dorky and silly. "Oh but we've got years for that. And besides, how can I possibly marry someone who's real name is still a mystery to me?" And it was out there! Who was this Dark Core really? What was is secret idenitity? Cat had been so very curious to discover such this ever since she first met the diabolical young master of evil.

Dark stammered and sputtered, he hadn't thought about that. 'Agh! Why do I never plan things out?' he thought, 'Of course that would have to happen. Oh Discord why? Okay Dark, calm down, it's not that bad. Maybe she's joking. We DID just get together after all. And evils know I've been to enough weddings for three lifetimes...' he thought about back home in Stalliongrad, his mother always dragging him along to the weddings she had planed. From the plain and sweet, to the over the top and exotic, why, the villainous colt more than likely could recite the vows from memory he had been to so many, "Buh, ah, that is uhm..." he muttered, he didn't KNOW really, the thought was a bit scary to be honest, not that Dark was afraid of course, he's an evil mastermind and therefor knows no fear. But still, it was extremely terrifying

"Not to say that uhm. That is...Oh! Right, you don't know my real name. That's right. Well. I'll have to tell you at some point, it's something that only the most trustworthy of ponies can learn. That is to say no one has learned it as of yet. It's that prestigious of an honour! And someday you'll be able to know it....As long as you can swear yourself to secrecy in the name of Discord and all that is evil, chaotic, and vile." he said with a smile that made what he said seem as natural as if it was how he said good morning.

Of course, of course. Cat rolled her eyes and sook her head, talking a mental note not to take Darks fear of marriage personally. "I'm just kidding you dork~" The pegasus teased and turned to playfully nuzzle the colt. "Why would I wanna get hitched to you? We're too young, stupid!" She hopped up to her hooves, bored with trying to seem serious and seductive, and took to the skies again, soaring in a few quick loopy circles around the clearing and alighting on a tree branch that loomed a good few feet above the colt's head. Expertly hanging upside down by her hind hooves, the spunky little filly gave her coltfriend a happy, reassuring upside down grin, in a way letting him know she didn't mean it.

"Only the most trustworthy you say, hmmm?" Cat nodded to herself, swaying precariously from her branch and staring down into Dark's mane beneath her, face screwed up in thought. "Okay, okay. I suppose I could.. heh, just make a few guesses based on your natural colors instead." Oooh, this was gonna be fun. The villain's natural coloration was, needless to say not villainous at all. "Your name iiiiss, Cute Little Blondey Blondehead III. Orrr.. Sir Goldeybutt! Heheheheh, none of those are right I presume?"

Dark let out a sigh of relief, both glad that his new fillyfriend wasn't serious and didn't seem to be offended by his reaction. Watching as Cat flew around, the ground bound unicorn pondered what it was like. Closest he had ever gotten was jumping rooftops back home, it just wasn't the same he was sure. Soaring next to the clouds, feeling the rush of the wind. Sure magic was nice, but it sure would be nice to fly someday, he thought, "Heh, of course. Jokes." he said with a nod as she landed and gripped onto a branch.

"Guess away! You'll never get it in a million billion years." he said with confidence. His secret identity was so foolproof, he could probably even fool his family! Okay maybe not his family, but he was sure he could fool loads of ponies either way. Chucking and rolling his eyes at her guesses the colt stretched a bit, popping his back, "Nope aaand nope. Not even close! Are you sure you're really trying? Hehehe." with a quick jump, Dark grabbed hold of a lower hanging branch on the tree and pulled himself up onto it, sitting across from the pegasus.

"Gimme a moment here, villain~" The pegasus playfully smacked the unicorn with a tickling swoop of her wing and righted herself, leaning over to pull Dark into a brief little hug before stretching her abnormally small body out across the smooth tree limb and thinking a bit harder on this.

Now, some guesses had to be serious, others simply had to be thought up to tease the villain. How could anyone resist such a thing?

"Hmmm. As soon as you were born, a little tiny not so diabolical baby foal, your mother took a look at you and said 'Oh I must name him Magical Valiant Knightly Gorgeoushair! Little White Ball of Fire! Pony Who is Colored like Cat's Fancy Living Room Chaise That She Is Not Allowed To Sit On With Muddy Hooves! Mr. Future Shinybutt Sun Cutie Mark! One Who Will Wear Nefarious Purple Cape!"

...Make that, all of them were thought up to tease.

Dark wiggled and flailed from the tickle, almost falling off the branch he sat on, lucky for him Cat decided to pull him into a small hug which righted his equilibrium enough for him to regain his balance, "Whew...That was a close one." he said rubbing his forehead with the back of his hoof, the fall wouldn't hurt, just the sudden stop at the end.

Facehoofing at some of the filly's...okay all of the filly's guesses, Dark laughed, he knew she wasn't serious with those guesses, but evil below some of those guesses were just too hilarious, "Ahahah, nom no, not even close, nyet, and negatory." booping Cat's nose lightly, at least they were having fun with it, "You'll never guess it, never never never. Even if I told you you wouldn't guess it. Not that I would just give it away. I despise my real name anyway. It's so, ugh, unfitting of somepony of my status. I mean REALLY."

"Well, I think if anyone out there has a fair judgement of what your name should be, it'd be your mother right?" Cat shrugged, she could identify. She didn't entirely loathe her name though, she just found it a bit unbefitting to a pony like her. A fancy, stupid lawyer's title, nothing like an artist at all. No, As far as she was concerned, she was Cat Napper, regardless of what her parents called her.

"Alrighty Dark.. I didn't want it to come to this." Cat sighed softly and shook her head with a little disbelieving smirk. The pegasus never imagined herself speaking that full title willingly to someone else, and yet here she was. "Cat Napper isn't my real name either. You tell me who you are, and I'll tell you who I am. We got ourselves a deal?"

As if to let the villain know she would never do anything cruel with the knowledge of his true identity, she reached out a little black forehoof and gently rested it on the villain's black dyed forehoof. The difference between natural and faux black was surprisingly noticable. "I wanna know who loves me, villain or not. Won't you please tell me, Dark..?" Aaaand cue the big sad puppy eyes, the filly's secret and very effective weapon.

Dark sighed and rolled his eyes, "I disagree. I'm evil, maniacal, despicable. My name is just....bluh..." he said sticking his tongue out in disgust and shaking his head, in his mind it was a lot worse than it really was. Sure he got picked on for it now and again, and it wasn't befitting of such an evil creature, but it wasn't THAT bad really. A nice name, if you like that sort of thing.

"Well...I guess I can tell you. But first you have to promise me, swear in the name of Discord and all that is evil in the world, or risk punishment most foul, that you will never. EVER. EVVVVER. Tell another soul what my real name is. You will deny it til your dying breath if anyone finds out or guesses it. Even under torture you must never let another creature know that Dark Core isn't my real name. Alright?" the colt said with the most serious of expressions on his face. As though he were revealing the secret to immortality, or how Celestia's hair does the wavy thing when there's no wind around.

"Okay...I trust you...My name...urgh....My name is...." Dark flailed, this was harder than he thought really, "MynameisDawnValianttherehappy?" he said as quickly as he could to get it over with, "Alright, now tell me yours."

"Pardon?" The filly's wings unfurled happily and gave a soft flutter. Dark had uttered that name of his so quickly that she was lucky she caught it! "Dawn Valiant, you say? Heh.. well, I can see how that's not too fitting to a villain." 'Maybe it's because you aren't a villain' Cat quickly thought with a smirk, though she wouldn't say it. She'd already gotten herself past the castle walls of Dark's trust, but as of right now it wasn't work the trouble of getting passsed the steel spiked barrier that currently stood infront of his real self. "It's kinda sweet, I like it, but like I promised, no one will ever hear it from me! I swear on my wings!" Cat lifted her forehoof and crossed her heart with a confident nod, once the girl was entrusted with a secret, no matter how silly, no one would ever be able to get it from her.

And, the part she was dreading.. "Okay.. a deal's a deal..." She gave a soft sigh, and in a rather mockingly official voice, announced her full title. "My full name is Catrina Elizabeth Nyeusi Jicho Napper." A faint blush was detectable on her as the name rolled off her tongue, but it was out, and that was that. "It's so ridiculous isn't it..?"

Dark was blushing brighter than he had before, sweet? The name was horrendously...nice. It sounded closer to a hero than a villain. Like the kind of pony who would help little old mares across the street, or buy Filly Scout Cookies for charity...or....UGH, the thought of it made the colt shudder slightly. Goodness was so useless, he thought, sure he was being nice to Cat, but that's different because she's different.

"Bluh. Good. Just make sure to tell no one...Oh Tartarus if anyone ever found out, my evil reputation would be SLANDERED! SLANDERED I TELL YOU!" he said holding his hooves up in emphasis, if it wasn't for the fact he was completely serious, he would make one amazing actor someday.

Hiding a small smirk on his face as Cat told him her name, he chuckled a little bit, "It's...hehe...it's not that bad really. Catrina could work as an evil name. It has a certain ring to it. The Dark Lady Catrina! Or Catrina, Mistress of Evil! You could have a lot of fun with a name like that you know."

Cat managed to push away the humiliation of her gigantic title and how.. ironic it was that a pony of her size would be given it, and she pretended to be extremely focused on batting an oak leaf hanging off an upper branch. "Oh it is too that bad. Ever gone through school and the teacher doesn't know how to pronounce your name and spends half the entire class trying to say it right? It's not that hard, really! Caaatreeenaaah Eeelizabeeeth Naaayyyoosi Jeeeekohh Napperrrrrr. To think some of em called themselves English Teachers for Celestia's sake..." The filly gave a disappointed snort and lightly facehoofed, though she had to admit, Dawn wasn't a name commonly given to colts. Seemed like they had something to reate to eachother with after all, teasing for their names throughout their lives. It just so happened that Cat dealt with it without becoming a villain.

Speaking of which, that is exactly what they had to do now, somehow make the peace loving artist into a ruthless black hearted fiend! Cat winced lightly each time Dark felt the need to say her name Catrina, feeling every little feather and hair on her body stand on end. "Only my parents call me Catrina, it would seem too weird using that as a villain alias. For now, please, I'd just prefer if you called me Cat. Please..?" The filly sat up slowly and pulled Dark into a gentle embrace, taking a bit of comfort in being up there in the beautiful secluded giant oak tree with her best friend turned coltfriend, no one else around to ruin things now. "And I'll call you Dark. My villainous mastermind~"

Dark nodded, "I think I'd rather have a name that was hard to pronounce, rather than one that made everypony think I was a girl. Or make fun of it. At least if it couldn't be pronounced, I could just say for them to call me something different. Like, yeah, Dark. Or even Onyx, or something less....Light." he said making a vague gesture around towards the sun. The pinnacle of light in the world. Not that he hated the day, just the sun, too bright for his tastes. Especially here in Ponyville. But at least the Bog was somewhat dimmer, albeit squishier too.

"Alright, fair enough, I'll call you Cat, my dear." he said with a nod, snuggling into the sweet hug that she gave to him, he still felt a bit tense, completely unused to this at all. But in time he was bound to warm up to the idea. It was all rather new to him, so no one could expect him to be completely okay. "So tell me, Cat, what's your first evil deed going to be? Theft? Vandalism? Oh! Tearing the tag off of pillows, beds, or sofas that don't belong to you? Maybe egg bombing someone's carriage, oooh that's always fun. One time I got a crate of rotten eggs, and hid them in somepony's sofa! They sat down, and WHEW, it was HILARIOUS, oh man their reaction!" he said cackling evilly, if he wasn't good at being really evil, he at least had the chilling laugh down.

• 3 weeks later...

"Err..." Dang, there's something the filly hadn't really planned on answering. Idly she leaned herself against the unicorn from their spot on the tree branch and lazily kicked her hooves back, tapping her chin deep in thought.

All she really needed to do was replace the word 'villainy' with 'practical joke' right? In fact, it seemed like that was all these were really. Practical jokes pulled off by somepony who believed them to be evil. "Hmm, I dunno 'bout that. I don't wanna get caught or anything really, it'd kill my reputation. No one would buy art from a villainess! But, hm, there was this one time back home in Cloudsdale when I sent my friend Jump a bunch of poison joke disguised as flowers. We were just joking, y'now? All in good fun." The pegasus gave a light flutter of her wings and smiled dreamily, looking back on the time with fondness.

"Her legs wouldn't stop wobbling, she couldn't stand still at all and kept crashing into things hah! It was great.. think somethin' like that could count as villainy?" Cat grinned, she'd not really been the nicest girl in her foalhood, it was all in good fun and no one was ever mad at her for TOO long. Anything from invisible ink to stink bombs or the occasional poison joke, she was a natural! But it was for fun really. That's what this villainy seemed to be, just fun, right? So long as nopony catches her and labels her a vandal, Cat thought she could possibly manage a bit of naughtiness here and there!

Dark smiled and clapped at Cat's example, "Yes, yes that's perfect actually! Maybe not the 'good fun' part, but you are most definitely on the right track!" he said with a smile. His view of evil was a might bit skewed, what most ponies saw as harmless, for the most part, and annoying, Dark saw as a perfect way to spread terror and fear through the masses. Keeping them on their hooves, they'd never know next when the maniacal mastermind would strike! "And that's not entirely true! When you're evil, ponies will fear you, so if you keep them spooked, they'll buy art from you! Terror is the greatest salesman they say!" though really he wasn't sure if ANYONE aside from him said that to tell the truth, but he thought it sounded like a good phrase, so ponies SHOULD say it!

"But yes! You are on your way to being almost nearly as evil as I! Perhaps someday you'll be just slightly under my mirthful mastery of maniacal mayhem! Of course no one in the universe could EVER be as evil as me, but if anypony could ever come close, it would be you! You understand the inner machinations of my enigmatic mind! That's something to say. No one else gets how truly evil I am. But you do! Thank you Cat." Gently the evil mastermind nuzzled her, Dark really was quite happy with this turn of events.

• 1 month later...

The filly stopped and gave Dark an expressionless stare, head tilted slightly, ears having lowered sadly at the thought previously of having to sell her work by force. She made the work because others liked it, she sold it because the stories each painting or chiseled scupture or vibrant mural told, her clients liked them, they peaked their interest and made them happy. Though she really couldn't help but break into a warm smile as for once, the villain was the one to initiate a nuzzle. For the first time if she remembered correctly, that was some kind of improvement.

It felt that much more meaningful since she hadn't forced it, and warmly she returned Dark's affection, unable to really hold back a happy blush that was spreading across her face.

"Yes yes, you certainly are one of a kind Dark." Cat grinned, whether or not others perceived this as good or not, that didn't matter. She loved him for whatever he was. "And I am.. honored, that you'd choose me to be someone you trusted enough to, well uh, not hate me! You're so uhm... reserved, it makes me feel truly special that it's me of all ponies you want to be your fillyfriend." She did find it a tad difficult to speak with her heart, what would be enough to frighten this colt who'd just learned how to love? Talk of marriage for certain was something, but even that made Cat uneasy, so she couldn't blame him. But how far was he willing to go with this? What was too much for Dark, a childish teen fed up with the world and everyone in it? With a little nod, Cat pulled out of the nuzzle to smile sweetly, pale face still tinged lightly a scarlet hue, and met the villain's gaze once again with her own.

"Even if I end up not having any evil in me, I can still be your best friend fillyfriend, can't I?" Confirming this was good, since there was not even one evil molecule in the little pegasus.

Dark smiled rather happily, he was glad Cat at least showed some interest in the ideas of evil and and entertained his thoughts of 'inevitable' world domination that he so thirsted for and felt was rightfully his. Though these ideas of Cat being his fillyfriend would take some time to get used to, he was slowly warming up to the idea of having somepony be by his side, even if she didn't become a purely evil queen to go alongside his clearly magnificent villainy, she was still there for him, which says a lot to the silly colt, who was so used to being taunted or kicked around.

"Thank you Cat. You're one of a kind too! You've been able to stand me long enough to become my first real friend, and more...Some ponies say I'm a little 'insufferable'." he says making air quotes with his hooves, rolling his eyes lightly, what did they know? They were clearly just jealous of Dark's mastery over the evil and vile arts of maniacal villainy! "Thank you for everything. Food, company, everything. And even if you never spread a drop of evil in all the time we're together? I would want to keep you." he said with a grin, a blush of his own spread across his face as he leaned quickly in, giving her a sweet tender kiss. The first he was able to initiate of his own.

'Break.' Opal thought gloomily as she came closer to Ponyville. She loathed the word, and loathed even more what it meant. That's what she'd have to take. A break. As she trotted along, the white pegasus' wings shuffled restlessly, clamouring for some ventilation. This felt incredibly wrong.

The mare had had accidents before. It was part of the job, even though she usually left to more dangerous stunts to her collegues. Nevertheless, even training beared a certain risk to her own health. And this time she had really outdone herself. 'Whiplash' it was called, and if the doctor was to be believed, she'd been incredibly lucky. She had retained most of her mobility, and even her current stiffness and dazed feeling should go away after a few days. So they had kept her in the Cloudsdale hospital over night, for observation, and then send her on her way. There was one catch though. She had to keep flying to a minium, at least for a week. The doctor had been very adamant about that. She'd then have to go to the local hospital for a checkup. It all irked her so much.

When the white mare was flying, her thoughts tend to go blank, and pure bliss replaced most of her concious thought. But, for the first and possibly last time, she had had to walk from Cloudsdale to Ponyville. It was so embarrassing. It took so long. Not to mention, she was all alone with her thoughts, which wasn't always the most pleasent place to be.

As she reached the outskirts of Ponyville, she sighed in relief. At least this nightmare was almost over...

Then it occured to her. She had never traversed Ponyville on hoof! She had no idea where she was! She turned her head, trying to spot something, some kind of landmark that would give her a clue where to go. But no such luck. She was hopelessly lost. She'd have to ask for direction.

Standing around wouldn't make it any better, so she decided to just follow her current path until she'd find somepony. It shouldn't be too hard, right? And she seemed indeed to be in luck. She hadn't to go far until she heard voices nearby. Following them led her to a clearing with a rather impressive tree, and on it two ponies, a unicorn and a pegasus, undoubtly dull and insignificant creatures like most of the denizens of Ponyville. Opal rolled her eyes, getting closer and closer to the two, who seemingly hadn't noticed her approach yet, and stepped in front of them, clearing her throat audibly to get their attention.

"Pardon me." She began, looking from one to the other. "I was wondering if..."

She hesitated for the fraction of a second, noticing the light blush of the unicorn stallion, clearly visible even through his almost pitch black coat. A thin smile crept into her features, her red eyes radiating played benevolence. "Oh my.." She said in her sweetest voice. "I hope I'm not.. interupting anything." She raised one hoof to her muzzle and closed her eyes for a moment, chuckling brightly. She could use some fun.

A little euphoric smile spread across Cat's face, the pegasus raised a hoof to her coltfriend's face and held the kiss out as long as she could without it seeming forced. At least with someone so reserves as he, she could very easily tell when he meant everything he said, and everything he did. The two remained pressed together in such a serene moment that she wasn't sure either of them had noticed the appearance of a third pony, that is, until said pony decided to speak to them.

The striped pegasus squeaked and pulled away from the kiss, head turning quickly to catch a glimpse of the white pegasus who'd happened upon this secret moment of theirs. Great, she thought, ears flattening and face flushing a deep red. That was the last thing poor Dark would need, the day he asked out his first fillyfriend, the word would spread. Maybe her secret clearing wasn't so secret after all..

"OH! Ehm, s-sorry, I didn't see you.." Cat smiled awkwardly, keeping a hoof held on one of her villainous coltfriend's in a feeble attempt to calm his inevitable overreaction. "You uhm, n-no, don't worry, d'you need something..?"