Lost in the crowd

Ancre

Lightshow stumbled a little after hearing Moondrop's voice, missing a step. She had obviously had her mind fixed on something, and had been surprised out of it. She must have been very concerned about whatever it was, thought the white mare, getting a little worried as well.

But the tall earth pony flashed her a cheery, reassuring smile, waving the worries away with a few words. She suddenly didn't look worried anymore, and left Moondrop confused. Was she hiding something ? Problems she wouldn't tell ? But it wasn't the little mare's place to pry. They barely knew each other after all.

"Okay then !" Moondrop answered with a gentle smile before catching up with the rest of the little group.

The two stallions were still talking about fashion, but Cross-Stitch was getting curious about their presence in Canterlot. Quills explained that he wanted to find a job in the fashion industry here. Moondrop jumped in the discussion and answered the blue stallion's question as well.

"I'm from Canterlot, but not that part of Canterlot," she started, "it's a very big city. I came all the way here to buy some toys, from a little artisan's shop, and I got lost in the crowd. I'm not very used to crowds ..." she concluded, not wishing to extend that subject. "I spend a lot of time in my house, I'm a toymaker you see. It's a wonderful job !" she explained, lighting up.

So one pony was a designer, one was a toymaker, and one was trying to find his way in the fashion industry.

Lightshow had found herself in a group of ambitious ponies, hadn't she?

As Cross-Stitch spoke, she wondered if perhaps she could get him a bit of attention with the public if she wore his clothes as Haute Couture? Perhaps for her next shoot?

It would be worth a shot, and she wanted to help. Lightshow understood that sometimes, a pony needed a bit of help to get where he or she really should be.

As for Quills, she hoped he found a job.

He could help designers, if he's that organized. They tend to be a bit scatter-brained, anyway, she thought to herself.

Moondrop seemed to have been satisfied by her response, and they trotted on until they had practically reached the cafe, with the unicorn mare trotting alongside the others.

She had caught up as well, and listened as the unicorns talked a bit more about themselves.

All right, Light, let's do some quick thinking..

Gardener.

Came to visit the.. um.. libraries for some books on..

Tulips! Yes, that might work. And visiting. For the fun of it.

Once she'd thought up a satisfactory story, she ruffled Moondrop's mane. The younger mare was quite endearing, like a younger sibling.

"This is my first time visiting Canterlot. It's been lovely so far," She piped up, her tone cheery.

"Oh, and I'm.. a gardener!" she said, pleased that she was telling the truth.

Cross-Stitch stopped outside of a building, obviously the cafe in question that he so enjoyed.

He turned to Quills, "Indeed, if you should wish to see any of my garments, just ask." A warm smile accompanied his equally friendly tone. "Ah, so you're an organizer? Perhaps even I could benefit from you dropping by my shop some time." Another laugh escaped him as he recalled the current state of his shop. He had just started planning a new line of clothing, so the shop was a complete and absolute mess. He made a mental note to himself to try to get a little bit of organization going when he returned.

He then turned to address Moondrop, "A toy maker? I've never met one with such a career before. It would be lovely to see some of your toys, if that is quite alright with you?" He said, flashing a smile. He tried to be as friendly as possible when meeting new ponies. You never know who you will meet in Canterlot, after-all.

He then finally looked to Lightshow, "And a gardener, eh? My my, aren't we the party?" He said, adding another giggle. "Well, again, it is quite nice to meet you all." He said, glancing to the other ponies. His gaze fell to Moondrop though. He had never met a toy maker, and he wondered how the thoughts of a toy maker differed from those of a clothes maker. They were both of creation crafts, crafting wonderful things for the public. He then realized his gaze had lingered too long whilst he dabbled in his thoughts. He quickly looked away, muttering a small apology under his breath.

They had almost reached the cafe now, and Quills couldn't help but wonder about Lightshows words. A gardener? He couldn't imagine that. That posture was not the one of a pony working with her hooves. And maybe it was not impossible for a gardener to pick out a fashionable sweater like hers, but she wore it incredibly well.

He didn't want to stare, so he decided to wait until they were in the cafe to make more observations. Something was up here, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

For the moment, he decided to concentrate his attention on Cross Stitch, who had showed interest in his organization talent. "Oh, I might be able to be of some help with that." he began. "I helped my parents business for years, so I know a trick or two."

This was very exciting for Quills. His first day in Canterlot, and he'd soon drink coffee with this delightful group of ponies in one of the many fancy cafes of the city.

The little group had walked all the way to the cafe, and had stopped at the entry, chatting, getting to know each other. Cross-stitch the designer proposed Quills to help at his boutique, chuckling at the mess in which it probably was. Then the blue stallion turned towards Moondrop : he wanted to see her crafts, having never met a toymaker before.

"Of course !" Moondrop answered cheerily while Lightshow the gardener ruffled her mane. "I have some that I use as commercial samples in my bag. It really just started as a hobby, to be honest, I used to make my own toys when I was a filly, and it turned out what I did was good enough to be sold. I was surprised at first !" she explained.

The white unicorn looked up at the taller mare. "So where do you live ? Are you from around Canterlot ? Or are you in vacations ?" she asked, curious to know more about the pony who was taking care of her like a little sister.

Moondrop then noticed Cross-Stitch was still looking at her. She gave him a gentle, curious smile, only for him to look away, quickly mumbling an apology, leaving her a little confused about it all, wondering what his attitude meant.

"Well, let's get inside." She finally said and opened the cafe's door, entering the building.