Requiem[FINAL]

AppleNitrox

At first to make it clear, she is a deaf pony.

Thank very much Brian for help with grammar and Pony_Sage with overall look of character.

Name: Requiem

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Coat Color: Pewter

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: style is windswept and in loose pigtails, colors are silver and dive grey

Eye Color: Brown

Cutie Mark: It is a black waveform and above it, there is a baton

Physique: Below Average, she seems to be a weak pony. She often wear a green coat.

Origin: Fillydelphia

Motivation: Trying to make best music she can as a deaf pony, it gives her strength to work over it as she proving that even if You are cripple pony/creature You can make Your wishes to come true.

Likes: Music, her band, friends and family that care for her. Determined ponies and creatures that trying to make her wishes and dreams to come true.

Dislikes: Bad sounds, being a topic of jokes when she don't know it, band members that doesn't like that she is music conductor.

Character Summary: Some say that Requiem was always an unlucky pony, being born deaf. Times weren’t easy for her, when somepony laughed at her, she wouldn’t know as she couldn’t hear them. Despite these sort of problems, she worked hard to be happy in her life instead of allowing her deafness to hold her back.

Requiem was born in Fillydelphia to a wealthy family who never knew want. Her dame a local banker and her sire was a chief editor of one of the top magazines in Fillydelphia. Requiem was the first born foal after years of trying for her folks who realized their otherwise health pony was born deaf, which concerned them greatly. Determine to do the best they could for their hearing impaired daughter, it was decided she would be better off homeschooled so to better protect her from any social stigma by her peers. But Requiem didn’t like the isolation homeschooling brought, she wanted to have friends and convinced her parents to allow her out more with the hopes of socializing. However despite her enthusiasm, she had difficulty communicating with other ponies, relying on writing for communication, which proved much more difficult with strangers especially in outdoor settings.

Requiem was so discouraged with her failed first attempts at socialization she initially ended up spending all her time indoors again. After couple of months, Requiem discovered how she can contact with other ponies when she ran into a group of foals outside her home and noticed one of them communicating by writing into the ground. Using this technique she was able to communicate with the group she was deaf but she could talk to them through writing. The other foals were perfectly fine with this being used to their friend’s writings, and it was from this moment she made her first friends.

Around this time she discovered her fascination with music despite the fact she could not hear the actual melodies, instead it was the arrangement of notes and what they conveyed that enthralled her. It was through her studying of sheet music that she first began to speak to herself by using the vibrations she felt in her larynx as a guide. Her parents enrolled her in a special class upon learning this where a unicorn tutor taught her through the magic in her horn how to first detect and then interpret the vibrations sounds made. The lessons were difficult at first but Requiem soon got the hang of it through meticulous study and focus learning through vibrations what various sounds were and their meaning, especially when it pertained to music.

It was here that Requiem realized she wanted to try something that was unheard of for someone with her condition; she wanted to be a music conductor. Her surprised parents never the less supported her in her new desire. Thanks to her ability to detect the vibrations of music through her horn she managed to succeed in her new passion. Although not perfect she was none the less quite accomplished. It was through her experience as a conductor her cutie mark appeared, a black waveform with a baton above it, she had finally found her true calling.

In addition to her deafness Requiem suffers from having a rather weak frame that makes normal physical activity difficult. Despite her accomplishments in overcoming her physical disabilities, the difficulties they present in life and the poor attitudes of some towards her because of them do emotionally drain Requiem. She occasionally finds herself breaking down and crying, feeling she had been given a bad deal in life. Despite her occasional moments of weakness, Requiem continues to strive forward, working hard to become a great conductor of note in the Equestrian music scene.

How my deaf pony would work:

* She communicates with other ponies through writing letters and/or writing information on ground.

* With magic she can feel vibrations, with this she can determine the quality of music with this she leads ponies on how to play in the orchestra.

* When I would make a topic where she play I will RP as well as the band unless Requiem will find other OC/maybe mane cast characters that would like to work with her.

* Not all from ponies from Requiem band will be happy that deaf pony order them how to play.

gallery_465_110_268888.png

She cant, I didnt said anywhere She can Blinded :). Dislike mean when She is topic of jokes and somehow she discover it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I was asking if she could read lips not that she can, silly. Since being deaf she won't hear the conversation anyway, so how can she a hear potential questions that are directed at her? Does she have them write it down?

I was asking if she could read lips not that she can, silly. Since being deaf she won't hear the conversation anyway, so how can she a hear potential questions that are directed at her? Does she have them write it down?

Oh sorry I didn't get it at first XD, no she can't. Maybe she will learn it in future.