Gin

Name: Gin

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Black

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane and tail are both red and kept striaght and medium length for ease of maintenance. He has white 'cuffs' on his hooves with ruffles and a white spot on his nose.

Eye Color: Baby Blue

Cutie Mark: Two brass cogs one small and one large

Physique: Built like a bull

Origin: Solstice Heights

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation: Working hard to make people's lives better.

Dislikes: (optional) Sloth, Injuries, Broken Clocks

Character Summary:

Gin was a strong pony even when he was a young foal helping his dad move clocks around town and carrying tools for repairs. His parents had hoped he would be able to follow in their footsteps and work on clocks but being young he only learned to make them happy and help people with clocks. He was always nice to people he worked for and would get small little tips or sweets for the work he did which any little pony enjoyed. When Appleossa was founded his parents thought it would be a great place to move and help out but Gin hated having to leave his friends behind and grew quite not sure why his family had moved, but knowing they needed his help. after a year growing up in Appleossa he soon became interested in the trains and felt he could help more people by helping out on one instead of just moving and fixing clocks despite the calm the clockwork brought him. In the train yard he would watch the puller teams and would even give them team names and nicknames for the ones who spent time with him. He especially loved getting carried when they would go out for practice the wind rushing through his mane as he shouted encouragingly for them.

He had been working on the train as a conductor's aid for a year when conductor pony's watch (one that his father had made) broke one day and while fixing it he wanted to help pull the train like he always wanted to do on the open stretches. He was reminded for the subtle mechanics of clockworks that day but also realized that a train ran like clockwork with all the pieces doing their own job. Well he got his chance when one of the pullers was injured and even though his size was still a little smallish he was strong enough to help. Despite of how hard it was getting to the station he loved the challenge of pulling and was elated when he finally got his cutie mark even if it was late and long over due. The other pullers where surprised and threw a small celebration for him and when he was finally persuaded into a speech he told them how this was the only job he had done outside of clocks with his dad and felt the two seemingly different tasks came together for him. He asked if he could learn to be a puller from them and the team laughed and said sure but after they get back to Appleossa so his parents could be told. When he got back he told his parents that he got his cutie mark and his decision on what he wanted to do in life which was to both pull trains and help with clock repairs in the places he went. Despite their aversion to it the agreed and before he went off to train they held their own little party where he got a backpack with his own set of tools. The next day he went off to learn and work on the trains.

Personality wise Gin is a caring and gentle pony despite his size but he does become easily angered when he sees somepony else being bullied or if someone is teasing him for being slow. Despite his brilliant mind for clockwork he tends to be slow with mostly everything else and takes his time with decisions. He loves to help others anyways he can since it usually involves him staying busy which he tries to do when he is not working, eating, or sleeping since he hates being still. He feels that if he is doing nothing his time could be better served by helping the community and he will even volunteer since being still agitates him slightly.

Hay ya Gin!

You’ve got a really nice app shaping up here! Short but sweet, containing plenty of information and ticking most boxes first time.

Do you think you could expand a little more on his personality? We know that he is kind and puts others before himself, ever the little pony scout, but is there anything more to him then this? Though he’s still a colt, from his description I’m getting that ‘gentle giant’ vibe, something which I feel you could pull off quite effectively.

Assuming he grew up in Appaloosa, would you say that the frontier life has been a magre factor in his development? I’m also intrigued about his time at the train yard. Was it his first job outside of the family? How long has he been working as a puller?

Sorry about all these questions, but I am genuinely interested to see how this app could progress. From the look of things it might work just as it is, but there’s so much potential here that could be uncovered with but a few tweaks and elaborations.

Anywho, I need sleep now, I'm realy looking forward to seeing what you do with this ^_^

Cherry covered most of what I would say, but I would remiss in mentioning that Appleoosa is a town that has only been around for a year or so. So while it is fine for he and his family to live there, he of course would be born elsewhere.

Another question that would help expand his character is how he acquired his cutie mark and what it means to him. You mentioned he repaired the watch of a conductor of the train he was working on, what was the result of this (as it was noted, it must be important to him as a character). I just wanted to point these out as it will go a long ways into given more depth to his character. He seems like a really nice pony, and we have the basics, I just like to see what he thinks about and hopes to accomplish in his life.

I guess not

I think the mods are probably busy as of late. They've got quite a few final apps to look through, by the looks of things.

The way I see it, a final app sitting there for a while just means there's nothing glaringly obvious that needs to be fixed! I like this guy. I hope he gets approved. :)

Alright, Seeing as how you've done everything you've been asked overall, and this has been sitting around for a little while now, I'm personally gonna say that it looks decent enough to at least bump it to the next stage of the process, and see if it sticks - good luck on the application! :D

AppAssessed.png