Illuminating expedition (Open)

ShadowStorm88

"Can't beleive that I blew it so eaisly" grumbled Valoren Seeker, as he downed another drink in depression. The pounding music of the dance club was for one who really enjoyed the night time experince, and Val did enjoy it from time to time, but tomight not so much to be honest. He had been hired to locate a missing amulet that had been stolen, and how it was being held by a thief. Although Val wasnt a merc, he took the job since he thought it would be fun. But sadly, he was beaten to it by somepony else. So, his depression was not that he failed; but now he had no adventure to go on.

So, here he was right now in Ponyville, at one of its esteemed local night clubs on a chance to try and cheer himself up with a drink at the bar, but it was doing little to imrpve his mood. Perhaps he could locate another adventure to go on, but where would he find one? Gronaing in annoynace, he steda up in silence at the rotating lights as he glanced out at the dance floor, watching all the ponies rock out to the DJ's music. Smiling lightly, Val shrugged "DJing must be fun". As he downed another drink, he looked out the window as he pondered in thought.

It was gonnna be along night. Turns could tell, he still had almost fourty-fivve minutess untill his show was done. Turns enjoyed his job just as much as the ponies he played music for enjoyed when he DJed. Turns decided when there was about 30 minutes left in his set that he would leave the booth just for a few minutes, he would leave one of the staff in his place just to give the apperance that he was still there, besides with the strobes and lighters going on around the night club there was no way anypony would know he wasnt there, well other than the bartender of course. Ah the bar tender he and Turns had become particularly good freinds over the years, even so well that he gave turns drinks on the house on occasion. Thought Turns was slowly waining of the drinks he still enjoyed a drink every now and again.

As he slowly made his way through the crowd of ponies he was counting every step andd everybeat to avoid being late to get back to his booth. He would mingle with some of the other ponies at the bar, he wasnt much for loose mares he didnt do much sociolizing at the bar but every now and again he would talk to them and be a little freindly. He wasnt very much for bragging most of the time, so he kept his profession to himself untill his set were over and the lights in the club came back on. It worked most of the time, unless he saw a freind or two at the bar wich was rare, but still happened.

"Val what are you doing here man?" Turns asked as he approached the bar. he then looked over to the bartender. "Ill have a hard apple cider please." he said tossing the bits to the bartender. "Sure thing Turns." was alll the bartender said.

Val blinked as he felt somepony tap him on the shoulder. Turning around to face the pony, he blinked in surprise as a smile etched over his face. "Heya Turns" he smiled lightly as he turned back to his water before downing another glass. He had to admit he wasnt really in a mood for friends at the moment with the feeling of failure hanging over his head tonight, but then again perhaps having a friend would help increase his mood. SMiling, he put down his drink as he commented "Good Djing as always, you really looked like you were having a good time up thier". Drinking once more, he smiled "So whats going on"?

Turns smiled as the bar tender passes him his drink. "Oh just the usual, partys here and there, then ya got this place. There is just a little while leftin my set so i let one of the staff holdd my place up there for about twenty minutes, just long enough for me to get a drink. Just chance i met you here." Turns explained, "So what about you what have you been up to."

Turns remember that Val was the adventurous one, he always had something new going on so turns felt sure that there was somereason that Val just happened to be at the bar. Turns was determined to atleast get a few answers out of his freind.

Val shrugged, as he repsonded "Well, the usual. An adventure here, and advenutre thier. But..last one I went on didnt go so well". Putting his drink down,he said "I was supposed to retrive an amulet, but sadly somepony beat me to it before I could even get very far. So that adventure was abit of a bust. I did however hear something about a few pre-Celestia/Luna ruins out in the badlands and I was thinking of maybe going to explore them to find anything intersting but...I dont know if Im gonna do it really to be honest". Staring into his water, he siad "I usually don't fail in these adventures and usually I keep a good attitude,but..this has made me more aware. What if somepony were to beat me to the punch on this one as well before i even got started"? He didnt want to go on a boring adventure!!

Turns was a little down trodden about his friends sad demeanor. “So, this trip to the badlands.” He began, “What’s it all about.” Turns rubbed his scar from the last adventure that he had been on, the one that had produced his barely visible scar in fact it was so well hid in his pink pelt that turns even doubted that Val had noticed it. “And whatever you are doing there, count me in, sure I love the club here but I still need to get out every now and again.” Turns noticed his que for him to return to the DJ booth, “Oh crap I need to go, tell ya what see if silversword can come as well that way it will be like old times just the three of us.” He quickly added as he headed back to his booth. He was slowed by a few fangirls but nothing really stopped him from getting back to the booth on time.

Val blinked as he watched Turns leave just as fast as he had appeared. He was asking to go adventuring with him? Val was..well honestly surprised. It had been quiet some time since a pony went adventuring with him, that he was glad that the DJ would even make such an offer. Looking down, he siad "Well, even if I didnt find anything out in the badlands; at least I'd have ponies with me, so I wouldnt be adventuring alone". Smiling lightly at the thought as he felt his confidence slowly come back, he nodded "Right, okay then. I'll do it"!! Getting up, he waved to the DJ as he went to send a letter to Silversword. Hopefully she would be up to adventuring.

A letter was dispacthed immideatly out towards Silversword, who was unaware of the grand adventure that was too begin once the letter was opened.