Another idea by Richt

Well since I’ve been playing way too much IL-2 and Ace Combat lately, does anypony have any interest in playing an RP that sort of goes along the lines of those? As in being part of a squadron, going on various missions, etc.

I imagined it to take place in a bit of a more futuristic Equestria, where those nice metal-birds -which I love way too much- roam and rule the skies. We’d start off in the training grounds (learning how to fly takes some time after all), moving on to the actual frontline later on.

Well that’s the idea. It’s sort of WWII air war, but in Equestria. Playing the average days and missions of a pilot.

I think this may work out better in a two player group, but of course if there’s actually enough of you interested, we might as well play it as a larger one.

Now I hope somepony’s interested (eventhough this idea may be a bit bizzare), if so please notify me, so that I can get this set up soon :)

Actually, thinking about it (as I'm writing this) maybe a less war-esque version could be that the squad is actually there to fend off some of the dangers that Equestria seems to bring with itself (i.e. Villains, Monsters and co.) ... actually I think this may work out better in the context. That is if we can come up with some good dangers to face and defeat.

Greetings,

Richt

PS:

An actual story-arc to follow after the training sessions (if needed) would still have to be made up. Ideas are welcome.

PPS:

Well since I'm still not sure about it and since I still couldn't find anything about it (albeit I'll admit that I didn't search for very long); I have a little question about the Crossover-Section, eversince that free-RP zone joined up with it.

Does one actually still require an accepted OC to play here?

Just wondering, because if so I'll have to fill in a new form for one for this idea here :P

----

Well since nopony seems to be interested atm, I'll put the idea away for now.

Greetings,

Richt

• 4 weeks later...

A pity, as i wouldn't have minded having a go at this. Though my idea would be pegasi with weapons harnesses rather than ponies in planes. C'mon, am I the only one who imagines Rainbow Dash on the deck of flying aircraft carrier, hooves locked into a launch catapult, headset and goggles on, saddle packs with 30 mm vulcan guns poking forward, and 'Danger Zone' playing in the background? An earth pony waves her off with a baton clutched in her mouth, and whoosh, she blasts off the front of the carrier with a rainbow contrail.