Being an RP handler.

Apolline Allura

Hello, I am approaching the threshold of acceptance for my OC, Blaze Bright, as I have been interested in RPing for awhile here. I have some general knowledge of how to write, but I tend to get impatient enough to write myself into a corner. I want to start my own RP thread, but I want to know if all RP's are formed around a general goal of some sort. Skye said in one post that RP's are essentially just stories, so I am aware that they can be self contained or continued in other RP's, but I would like better insight to the process so that I can be guided away from the usual set of pitfalls that happen upon me when I write. That run-on sentence being a more rare occurence. :P

It really depends upon what you want to do with the story. You might have a plot or a goal in mind, or you might just give a story a starting point. The individual personalities of the other RPers and their characters can sometimes take a story in a direction you hadn't anticipated. If you have firm goal, you can communicate that in the RP or in PMs to the other players. If you don't have a firm goal, you can just react to what the other characters say and go along. Anticipating what another player might write next is part of the fun of this :) .

• Like 1