The Doodlebook

Dessa

Are you a doodler? If you give me a piece of paper, a pencil, and a meeting or lecture, something is going on that piece of paper. This is an open thread for images of your scrawlings, squigglies, and boredom busters.

It doesn't have to be ponies. It might be something you've later gone on to make into a Serious Piece, or nothing more than a bunch of noses, or a nifty font.

Do be careful to keep identifying information out of your images unless you're okay with it.

96c8196ce6f1__1321385562000.jpg

Lower right was an attempt to draw a cat in FiM-style. A Classmate asked me if it was a squirrel. Fail. On the right, Rue's eyes are too close together, which I ALWAYS seem to do when I'm drawing Rue. Her hair's got problems too. OCs are so much tougher, because there's no reference images to refer to (although these were all drawn freehand). All those squiggles in the middle were different attempts to draw mouths. The three cast ponies were just drawn right over the mouths I liked best, except that erased on on the upper left. can't quite seem to make that one work.

YWUiQ.jpg?3246

Yoshii! These two ponies were based on the doodle the girl of front of me in class drew.

• Like 2

hi hi

I love the cartoon style kitty. :D Doodling is a good thing if you ask me. There has been some amount of research that shows that doodling actually helps some people retain more information during lectures. Plus its good practice. :)

On occasion, I find myself stuck at work on a slow news day with nothing to do, so I will often make little doodles on the back of a scrap piece of paper. I made this next one right before halloween.

w_doodles_02.png

This next one is the sort of thing that I sometimes make when I'm struggling to stay awake... You can tell there's not a whole lot of form or function going on. :P

w_doodles_03.png

• Like 1

i have tons of things that'll probably never get finished laying on my laptop.

post-1208-0-18059000-1321836061_thumb.pn it's will and caramel what's to be said X3

post-1208-0-49277300-1321836479_thumb.pn a tauren from wow. eeeyup..

post-1208-0-53427400-1321836480_thumb.pn this is the cover art for a story i'm working on

post-1208-0-63586900-1321836590_thumb.pn I wasn't feeling too good last night when i drew this but it came out awesome imo.

http://i.imgur.com/N1JIK.png : i've been playing persona 3 alot recently

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1ee5b993ef38__1322448882000.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sweetsundrop.jpg

86e8efff9c75__1322448810000.jpg

Just trying to get a better grasp of pony anatomy. THe first one is drawn from a G1 toy, with the line-skeleton drawn using a horse-skeleton reference found via google. The second was drawn freehand with dimensions similar to the first, except for the head. It also serves as a preliminary sketch of Blaze Bright, ApollineAllura's OC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ah, I'm not doing anything right now...

that camel at the bottom was the first pony I tried to draw after finding FiM

Scan32.png?t=1326595634

lol, my doodles are all so pretty XD

• Like 1