The Refrain [SirenSong, DJPinkiePie]

RuqyoHighsong

Crystal pushed open the door, stepping into the dimly lit club. It was early afternoon, a time when no one would be frequenting a club, and so the lights were dimmed, and the bartender was not present behind the bar. As the door closed behind her, Crystal scanned the interior, taking it all in. So this is the club that Mr. Turn Table owns, she thought to herself. She remembered giving him her manager’s card a few weeks back, suggesting that he schedule a singing gig for her. He had indeed done so, wasting no time at all in contacting her management; he certainly was eager to see her again, and this made her nervous.

Her nervous thoughts bounced around in her mind as she moved forward, stepping out onto the dance floor. “Hello? Mr. Turn Table, are you here? I came to have a look at the club before my gig tonight.”

Turns was cleaning some racks and getting the stage ready for the performance later that night, he wasn’t expecting anyone to arrive so early. The night hadn’t even really begun yet. “Oh Mrs. Chorus you early, I’m sorry I wasn’t expecting anyone so soon.” Turns busied himself with cleaning the bar making sure that everything was a shiny as it should be. Sometimes he wondered why the bartender didn’t do this.

“So how are you tonight, might I say you do look lovely tonight,” Turns could feel himself blush as he said this and he hoped crystal hadn’t noticed. This was supposed to be strictly business, Turns was what you would call quick to like somepony, but never had he fallen for someone just after meeting them. This was so odd to turns he didn’t exactly know what to do with himself, But still there was something different about this mare, she was sweet and (turns gulped as he thought this) she was beautiful as well. Still tonight was supposed to be strucktly buisness, for the good of the club turns just might have to put his feelings aside.