Pine Cone

Pinecone

Name: Pine Cone (Everybody just calls him Pine)

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Light Brown (#A27344)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: His mane and tail color are a red velvet kind of color (#800200)

Eye Color: Teal

Cutie Mark: Pine Cone

Physique: Slightly athletic build and top half of left ear is bitten/torn off

Origin: Raised in Cloudsdale, currently residing in Fillydelphia

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Motivation: When he was a young colt he found his love in nature when he saw a magnificent pine tree called "The Great Mother Pine"

Likes: Forests (nature in general), Life, Music, Parties, Friendship and Red Velvet Cakes/Cupcakes

Dislikes: Diamond dogs, Rude ponies and Being interrupted during his studies

Character Summary: Pine Cone is very outgoing and also very friendly he loves to meet new ponies and make new friends where ever he goes(he travels a lot from city to city), he has a good relationship with his parents even though they were kinda disipointed in him for not being the amazing flyer that they always wanted but they still support his dream of coming a naturalist, they would dream of there son becoming a wonder bolt but he new that that would probably never happen. Pine is a very laid back type of pony who enjoys meeting other ponies, hes also a charmer(he loves to flirt! ;-) ) but he never lets things get in the way of his studies.

Ever sense he was a young colt Pine loved to explore and wonder around in forests, even though he is a Pegasus he would always spend his time on the ground studying the wonders of nature. One day he was wondering in the forest and stumbled upon the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen, it was a giant pine tree named "The Great Mother Pine" so every day after flight school he would go and study under the magnificent tree.

One day he was taking a nap under the tree when three lumber ponies came up and told him to move because they need to cut down the tree for resources and Pine's heart broke in two. He refused to move so the lumber ponies left and said they would be back tomorrow and he better get lost! The next day the lumber ponies came back to find Pine chained to the tree refusing to move, then Pine Cones cutie mark appeared(it was a pine cone go figure). His cutie make represented his love and fascination for nature. After he finished Pegasus flight school he moved from Cloudsdale to Fillydelphia with his family because his dads business company got relocated over there.

Everything was going good form there on until one day a gang of diamond dogs came into town and stole everyone's gems, including Pine Cones family heirloom (a priceless special type of emerald). But Pine promised he would get it back so he galloped to the Diamond Dogs hangout and snuck in trying not to wake the dogs and get the gem back. After he garbed the gem he accidentally woke one of the dogs up and he blocked the way to the exit, with no way to leave he had no choice but to fight, Pine got messed up very badly(hence the top half of his ear being bit off) but he managed to leave in the heat of the scrap and returned home. After that he enjoyed his time in Fillydelphia, even though there there wasn't that many forests by Fillydelphia Pine managed to make friends and have fun!

A couple years later Pine left Fillydelphia to start his studies(he wants to be a naturalist), he has scene it all and learned plenty of things, but after many months of studying he is now taking a break and drifting in and out of towns(with his faithful pet fox Sly) to meet new ponies, try new things, make new friends and go on new adventures!!

post-1299-0-73042800-1321512480_thumb.jp

Hay there! Just thought I would stop by and lend a helping hoof. Let me start out by saying that I really like the idea behind this character and that with a little work I am sure he can find a home in the RP! The first thing would be his love for parties and his love for the outdoors, while this isn't a deal breaker as I am sure that outdoorsy ponies can like parties and music, you might want change the type of music and party because an earthy Pegasus does not seem to fit with the urban club scene. Maybe some earthy pan-flute and drum music whilst he has a get together with like minded outdoors type ponies? Also the bit about the diamond dogs also does not seem to fit his personality and character. Maybe he could have set up a park, helped get the proper papers filed and legislature passed to preserve a tract of forest from Diamond Dog tunnels that would have collapsed the ground beneath it?

Having a wandering pony isn't bad, it allows you to have a convenient excuse to RP anywhere. I would just like to know what he is studying. Is he trying to become a botanist or a naturalist? You also might want to expound upon his personality a little more in the application, how he reacts to certain situations. Is he laid back, but gets adamant about nature? Or is he going and on all the time, a little ball of energy? Also what is his relationship with his parents? Are they proud of him or are they a little upset that he did not turn out as a flying ace of a pony? Adding simple things like this to your application can add a lot to your character, depth and dimension. Which makes him more fun for you to play and more fun for people to play with!

I see a distinct pony here that became a little muddled along the way. I like the idea behind a nature loving yet exuberant Pegasus pony. If you stick to that main idea from your application I am sure that Pinecone can find a home!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings