[Ponyville] Muddy in the Mornin', Muddy in the Evenin'

MudBug

Sweetie Belle's song ended with a startled *squeak* at the clopping for her silly little song, and MudBug's energetic praise. "O-oh," she mumbled. "Ah... I ... " her cheeks flushed pink with her embarassment. "Oh, it's... just a little something I ... just made up. It's nothing." She squirmed with shyness.

But at the next question, she let out an exasperated sigh. "No, my big sister won't let me help at *all*! She just tells me to go stand over somewhere 'out of the way'!" She gave the cutest little pout at that. "How am I supposed t'grow up to be a big fancy fashion designer just like her if she never lets me help?"

At this point, Muddy just gawked at Sweetie Belle as a slow feeling of dread crept up the back of her spine. She was doomed. That posh unicorn was her SISTER and she was MUDDY. MudBug one, if not -the- muddiest ponies in all of Ponyville, if that prissy unicorn found out she was behind this she'd be scrubbed and polished to the point of none existance. She was DOOMED! Realising she'd started hyperventilating at the thought of make up and hoof scrub and corsets, she blinked and forced a smile for Sweetie Belle's sake.

"O-Oh...how...how sad...I'm sure she's just thinking of your safety."

Who wouldn't in that over feminine death trap. Lace and stockings as far as the eye could see and eyelash curlers, filthy, torturing eyelash curlers. Gulping she steeled herself to stop her from shaking like a pony left out in the middle of a blizzard. Relax darnit, it wasn't that bad. It was just a silly feminine thing to do, nothing would happen to her. She was fine. She was safe. She was cool and collected-

"You won't tell her that I let you hang out in the mud, right?" She squeaked almost fearfully. Smooth. Very very smooth.

Sweetie Belle shook her head. "Nuuooooooo, she just doesn't think I can help!" she pouts. She gives a good, solid *stomp* in the mud, sending splatters up all over the place, totally unaware that MudBug was caught up in a terrifying daymare of feminine entrapment.

But at the comment of the mud, she was reminded suddenly of why she was doing this in the first place. "Oh! That's right! Did I get my cutie mark?" She turns around, trying to get a good look at her flank. "Look, look!" she cried excitedly, quivering with anticipation. "There's something muddy there! What is it, what is it, what is it!"

Being so swept up in the thought of being tortured by cosmetic products and frilly ornamentings that the over exciteable words of the foal caught her offguard with a blessed distraction, blinking from her place she watched the little dance she performed in some manner of way to see her own flank and she smiled knowingly. That old excitement. Who'd have thought her own cutie mark would've been a splodge of mud?

Smiling at the thought she stood herself and looked the foal's flank over, frowning a little as the obviousness hit her. This wouldn't be her talent, it was pretty obvious what her talent what and it wasn't this. With a slightly appologetic smile she moved back with a faint sigh.

"I'm sorry Sweetie Belle, doesn't look like this is your calling."

Sweetie Belle's entire form sagged with disappointment. "But I was actually *good* at this one!" she said sadly. "I had fun with it, and even made a song for it and everything!" She let out a regretful little sigh and trudged out of the mud pit. "Ah well... better get back to the boutique, my big sister's going to help me get some stuff together for the Cutie Mark Crusaders picnic!"

She smiled back to MudBug and ducked her head slightly. "Thank you for letting me help you with the garden!" she said cheerfully, then turned to prance away energetically, little bits of mud falling from the usually immaculate lil' foal as she headed in the direction of the even more immaculate Carousel Boutique.