itt i elope with my rabbit (post your pets!)

lambs

I used to own a chihuahua. I named him Coffee, but my mom wanted to call him Julian Jr.... we ended up naming him Mr. Julian Jr. McCoffee, or JJ McCoffee for short. he was such a little brat, but always friendly. when we tried to train him to stay outside with treats, he would wait for the treat, and as soon as we gave it to him, he'd rush inside before closing the door. later, he learned how to climb through the car gates, so we put some wire to stop him... he learned how to push the gates open... so another nickname we gave him was Houdini... one day we put a leash on him to keep him from even getting close to the gates... he managed to slip it off and ran out to follow the neighbors and the construction workers. 3 days later, we find him in a lower cul de sac (or however you spell it). we tried tying him to a new leash... he escaped that one too and we never saw him again...

oh... another nickname we gave him was "Rat" because he didn't look like a chihuahua at all. he grew too large, and didn't have that short snout, big anime eyes look on him... I clearly remember his mother having all those "chihuahua" traits though... I miss him... :C

I currently own 2 turtles and an iguana, but I gotta go in a bit, so I'll talk about them later...

Awwwww....so many darling sounding little critters! :D GeekyBones - your Kabuki is so cuuute! He actually...looks a lot like my big boy, Spooky. But...in orange! So cute. ^_^

Besides Spooky, whom I've had for ten years, I have a little black cat named Sora (I can't find any recent pictures of her. oop!) who is a little fluffball, and extremely vocal, and sweet, though she can be a bit skittish and random. Spooky is a very refined cat, a good judge of character, and secretly a cuddle bug with me at night. He oftens curls at the edge of my pillow and either touches my head/shoulder with one paw, or leans his head against mine. X3

I also have two dawgs, Ruger and his son, Westin, both pitbull/sharpei/rott mixes. I love 'em, even if Westin is a little rambunctious, and likes to chew things up. :| I got them both from my ex girlfriend after we broke up, because they kept breaking out of her yard after I moved out. Aahh. Long, sordid story. :/ Still, I love 'em, and I'm glad they're with me.

I also have....8 rats. c.c; Three boys - Hatsu Haru, Donnie Darko, and Fez. And five girls - Link, Navi, Rudy, Aang, and Waffles. I love my ratties. ^_^ My ex and I bred fancy rats while we were together, and all of my guys are from some of our first litters. Donnie, Fez, Link, and Navi are all littermates, Rudy shares their father, and Waffles and Hatsu are Aang's son and daughter. I don't breed anymore (I don't really like breeding for profit), but I love my little weirdos, and I'm glad to have them around.

Oh my goodness! Spooky DOES look a lot like Kabuki! I showed him to my sister and she was like "WHO BLEACHED KABUKI?!" LOL And just the image of him gently placing his paw against your head makes me melt! >w< SO ADORABLE! Your puppies are also precious, of course.

And ALL HAIL RATS!! I used to own 13. See, I bought a black and white hooded female rat that I named Groovy from PetCo when I was about 13. She was my first rat and I loved her dearly. Suddenly... She started getting sick. Sneezing, coughing, odd colored discharge, lethargy... We feared it was myco after doing some internet research. So we took her to the vet. And what is the first thing the vet says when she pulls her out of the cage?

"Oh my! Are we pregnant?"

I remember the color just draining out of my mom's face. Turns out it was just pregnancy allergies. A few weeks later, Groovy popped out 12 little precious jelly beans. <3<3<3 We kept three- Cherry and her brothers Ringo and Noel- and gave away a few more. Unfortunately, we couldn't find homes for the rest, but we did find a no kill shelter where they wouldn't end up as snake food. :> All of them have passed on, but we always say that our rats were "The best dogs we've ever owned." LOL

I'll bet you money I have the most expensive pets in all of Equestria ! I have 2 cats and a Parrot, and my boyfriend is adding his own cat into the mix soon.

Coffey (named after Tabatha Coffey) is a white American short hair with orange flame points who was a rescue after his old owner tried to kill him and his litter-mates because he didn't want the kittens. Only he and a little female survived but the other has a good home with a loving family. I decided to keep Coffey because he's to put it nicely "Derpy" we think he has brain damage and I wanted to make sure he has the best life possible.

My second cat is a Bengal (Cat not the tiger!) which was rescued from a very irresponsible breeder who can no longer own animals of any kind. A Bengal cat is a hybrid of a domestic cat and an Asian Leopard Cat (A wild animal despite the name) which can cost anywhere from $700 for a "cheap, flawed cat" to $2500 for a "show quality" cat. The breeder was selling first gen Bengals to unsuspecting buyers. First gen Bengals are VERY wild and need very special attention and care, they're more like wild animals than pets. A breeder should never sell any Bengal earlier than 4th generation, this is when the cats usually have the "wildness" breed out of them and are safe to keep as pets. But I have everything needed to take proper care of her and she now lives happily with me, although she truly is a wild cat and will never be a pet.

My third pet is an African Grey Parrot (Congo breed) who will be turning 5 this year. I raised him from an egg and he not only speaks in complete English sentences he even speaks Japanese! He's practically like my son and even though it's a LOT of work and money to keep him healthy and happy to me it's worth it. He loves to eat, snuggle, and play video games with me and he can even play the DS by himself, although I always supervise him just in case. Despite what people say African Grey Parrots do not just mimic what people say, they actually understand what they and others are saying and can understand abstract concepts such as the number zero and can tell time. If you would like to know more about their grasp of language look up Dr. Irene Pepperburg, Alex the African Grey, or N'kisi the African Grey.

Loooong post is long, sorry about that guys!

I know, I totally saw Kabuki and had the most amusing thought of Spooky dying himself orange... X3 And thanks!

Awww, man, baby rats are the best! That is one thing I really liked about breeding, those little babies were so precious to watch them grow up, learn, and develop their personalities. ^_^ It's also interesting to see the genetics of breeding, but eh. Honestly, I'm glad I don't do it anymore, though I'm sure my ex still does. At least I was able to introduce her to better husbandry and genetic understanding, since I did tons of research about it when we met.. ANYHOOF.

Tencho - your critter companions sound really interesting! I have a profound respect for African Grey parrots. I read about Alex years and years ago, and it really changed my opinion about birds, and animals in general. I mean, I've always loved animals, but I see them much differently than I used to when I was younger and they were just cute and fairly interesting. Now I see what amazingly complex beings they are. :D

Oh god yes, they're so cute! And they grow up SO FAST! It's like, week one, little pink jelly beans. Week two, black and white jelly beans. Week three, black and white jelly beans with leeto blue eyes. Week four, baby rats, EVERYWHERE! >w< EEEE

Unfortunately, Groovy was hardly bred with such dedication and proper technique. All of her children that we owned ended up dying of tumors/cancer after 3 or so years, so I'm thinking there was probably some rough inbreeding in there. She was a pet store buy afterall. *shrug* But I'm glad to hear you took such care in breeding your animals. If only half as many breeders were as educated as you were, petnpopulations would be so much better off.

ok, so currently, I own 2 water turtles and an iguana. my turtles have been with me since I moved to this country. I've changed their names and still don't know if I like them (at first they were named Kiwi and Latios, then one they grew, I changed them to Bowser and Koopa). one thing's for sure, I love to call them "my fatties" because of how much they eat! Kiwi/Bowser is the larger one, with a dark green shell that almost looks like a spike. she's the curious adventurous type, always poking her head out of the tank to look around. she's also a huge glutton. once, she ate so much that no more food could fit her and she threw up! (then she ate it all once more... XD) also, for some reason, she likes to slap the other turtle in the face...it's a weird and funny thing to watch. Latios/Koopa is more of the timid kind. she will always hide whenever someone is nearby. her shell is much brighter and flatter and Bowser's.

*sigh* my iguana... her name's Peanut, but I tend to call her "lil' iggy"... she's rather active and small for an iguana her age (around 3.5 years but is about the size of my forearm from head to tail). she loves to climb onto people's shoulders and computer keyboards and chargers. she's rather shy around new people and hates shoes and blue things (like my blastoise plushie or that bloo toy from McDonnalds that came out ages ago). she recently broke her leg after climbing on the stairs and missing the next step... we have no money for surgery and before this, she broke her other leg. she had recently healed from the last one and it was after like 30 minutes from taking off her cast. my parents say it's a miracle she's still alive after the huge fall...

I love pets, but it seems that in the past few years, I've been on the unlucky side... :C

I figured i'd make a little thread about pets. Considering mine is hopping all over my arm. :3

Here's a few questions:

Do you have a dream pet?

Do you own a pet?

What kind of pet(s) do you own?

Do/Did any of your pets have any special quirks/tricks?

I'll answer my own questions as examples. ^^

Do you have a dream pet?

Yes. I really want to own a Dalmatian.

Do you own a pet?

Yes. I have two of them.

I have a female Japanese Chin puppy named "Ginger". We call her "Gingy" for short.

Picture of her: gingy___lil___cutie_by_aroisha-d3bm7dq.jpg

I also have a pet fancy mouse. His name is Ashby.

Picture of him: ashby_the_mouse_by_aroisha-d36y2gn.jpg

Do/Did any of you pets have special quirks/tricks?

Yes.

Ginger behaves very cat-like. She has long claws and will climb up whatever she can. She also does a strange howl that sounds like a cat's meow.

As for Ashby. He will play peek-a-boo if you cuff your hands around him and say "peek-a" and once you say "boo"; he'll peek out.

.... Annnnddd... that's pretty much it! :lol:

Do you have a dream pet?

I would love to have 2 ferrets or 2 sugar gliders! Why 2 of each? To keep each other company when I'm not there! XD They're such adorable little critters, and I bet they're a lot of fun to have too.

Do you own a pet?

Yes I do!

I have a male 2 year old tabby cat named Kiwi. He's mostly a greyish brown with black stripes. He's also got some creamy colored rings around his eyes and white on his chin and some parts of his belly.

Kiwi is ridiculously friendly. To the point of almost constant annoyance! XD He's always trying to get up in my lap when I'm trying to work, or needing to be in my face when I'm on the phone. He's still a total sweetheart of course!

Do you have a dream pet?

A HUGE FRIGGIN LION/ESS, or panther, or a cheetah... a Deer?? Haha

Do you own a pet?

yes, two

I have a maine coon cat <3 hes just turned 5yrs old. Hes just a normal long haired grey cat. I named him Nekgo-jin

And there's my dog, Suede, who is a blue great dane who is 5 about 6 years. He's little, he's only like 125lb.

Suede is afraid of EVERYTHING, hes also about as dumb as they come. Danes are always depicted as gentle, he leaps everywhere he can get to and WILL be on top of you if you dare sit down on the ground.

Nekgo-jin, he smart and comes off super sweet and loveable, but I recently found if there ANY animal other than suede afoot, HE WILL throw a fit and HATE everyone involved with that animal.

My animals are spoiled <3

Btw Benny, YOUR PUPPY IS SOOOO CUTE!

Do you have a dream pet?

Does a pony count?

No, but I'd like to have a tarantula or a scorpion or something.

Do you own a pet?

6 and some fish.

4 dogs, two medium, two large, and two cats.

Uh.

They mostly just be cute.

I have two rabbits, a brown rex doe named Fleta, and a brown and white dutch named Bo. They have such cute noses and cute little bums when they're laying on their bellies. They're both fairly friendly, but they can both be so naughty. I had no idea how messy bunnies can be as well, so I'm almost always cleaning up after them! No baby bunnies, though, I've had Bo in for the snip, I barely have room for the two of them!

I HAVE ONE (sometimes two) BETTA FISH :3

ll4sk.jpg

This one is Herman Melville (or Herman or Hermy of mommy's freckleface or poogie-poo). He was a secret santa gift to me from someone in my IB art class. He's actually more of a purpley-blue, but his blue scales are metallic so they reflect green when I take his picture. I'm using the Starcraft II guest pass to hide him from...

14eci1c.jpg

Barnaby, who I've been taking care of during spring break. He's the IB art class pet. I always take him home during breaks and whenever we were expecting to get out several days for snow at the end of last year. He had been sick last week but he's doing much better now! I think the classroom is too cold. :/

I also have three cats:

28mmk61.jpg

Clockwise from the top: Rocky, Bailey, Shasta.

We've had Rocky the longest. He's really big but he has this really tiny voice you can barely hear most of the time! He likes being petted and rolling around but he's really quick to change his mind while you're petting him...

Bailey is the youngest and we've had him for maybe two or three years now. We found him out in the yard as a kitten. He doesn't like strangers but he's the snuggliest cat with me and my grandpa. He's really fat but he's the only one who actually likes to play. He catches mice a lot.

Shasta's the oldest and we got her a couple weeks after we got Rocky. We got her from Petco... Before we took her home she let us hold her and she'd hold her front paws so cute, but once we got her home she wouldn't let us hold her anymore. :I She really likes having her stomach massaged, though!

Awww Your kitties are soooo pretty <3

I had a Betta, I bought him with christmas money and it really pissed my mom off, but we kept him any way. His name was Shpukhurts (Spook-Hurts) Haha.

He was super dark red, but he suddenly got sick and died 3 I cried the rest of the night.

Then I had his tank buddy's Bruce and Harper, little comet goldfish, Harper 'died'

I found him stuck to the filter (Which is a good sign that he's prolly dead) and he was missing his whole back fin.

I tried to get him out and he just floated around (like a dead fish) and scooped him out and put him in Sphuk's old cup (I bought him in) with out water, cause he was DEAD and tossed him in the toilet...

Well the Little bugger started swimming again so at 11 at night I called by boyfriend, he we argued a bit because he told me to fish Harper back out. I thought about it, but yeah no, HUGE girly-girl moment.

He said he come by in the morning to get him out then and told me to feed him and leave him ALONE.

I watch the Harper as I was on the phone and all the sudden he just turned black and dropped to the bottom of the toilet.

Soooo I flushed it.

My boyfriend flipped out and still to this day he calls me fish murder.

Yeah Fish aint my thing.

Now I can do cats, I got Maine Coon cat (they look like Rocky) and he's my babe <3