[Peryton] Rainchaser [FINAL]

Danae

Name: Rainchaser

Sex: Female

Species: Peryton

Pelt Color: Light brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her antlers are black.

Eye Color: Light blue

Cutie Mark: N/A

Physique: Tallish, but otherwise average.

Origin: Trottingham

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Occupation: Weatherpony Rain Chaser (chases rainclouds for pegasi and earth ponies, can herd them with her magic)

Motivation: She likes control, and being a weatherpony gives her that. She enjoys running and using magic, and her favourite part of the job is seeing the happy and sometimes relieved faces of the ponies and creatures she chases clouds for. She likes working with foals, fillies and colts, so in her free time she helps out with a preschool.

Character Summary: Rainchaser was named after the weather when she was born but it turned out it was pretty accurate. If she was a pony, her cutie mark would probably be for painting, as she has always had a talent for that, or for herding. She currently

lives in Trottingham, but goes other places to help with the weather. She is good with foals, because she had 3 younger siblings, and she often had to babysit all of them. Her mother is good at creating small auroras, and it was she who taught Rainchaser how to paint, and her father is a doctor, as

her grandparents wanted to move to Trottingham to see what all of the fuss was about cities.

Her dream is to become famous for what she does, even though it is unlikely. However, she is good at her job, and sometimes even needed in Aquellia, much to the Aquellian weather team's chagrin.

Her hobbies are painting, drawing, and talking to her friends. She is easily annoyed and a perfectionist, but is likeable as long as you don't

get on her bad side.

post-1459-0-28317000-1323653400_thumb.pn

I'm glad you are interested in playing a Peryton! However, there are some things that are established for Mane RP that unfortunately make this character as currently unplayable. Please see the lore on Perytons Here.

Firstly, Perytons cannot fly in Mane RP. The reason for this is that they have small, nearly vestigial wings. As such, they can't be part of a flight team, a flight instructor, or have anything to do with the weather. While they -can- glide, it is more on the nature of a flying squirrel, in regards that it requires heights and clear distances for any lengthy glide. This also means that they can't walk

on clouds or have anything to do with weather.

In regards to the magic, being able to create and manipulate Auroras is fine. But keep in mind that for a Peryton, magic isn't nearly as specific or controlled as a unicorn, so they would require a large amount of concentration, even to the point that she'd be unaware of her current surroundings if they were big and complex enough. Because an Aurora is a massive thing that can be seen for a large portion of the world around, it'd be a great strain on her. I would have to say she could make auroras of a specific color and very random shapes, or more specific shapes (But nothing so detailed as a picture...perhaps nothing more defined than ribbons or clouds of color) and would have to be fairly close by to make them happen, sort of like a Fireworks show.

However, this character could be played in Crossover RP if you chose!

I'm glad you are interested in playing a Peryton! However, there are some things that are established for Mane RP that unfortunately make this character as currently unplayable. Please see the lore on Perytons Here.

Firstly, Perytons cannot fly in Mane RP. The reason for this is that they have small, nearly vestigial wings. As such, they can't be part of a flight team, a flight instructor, or have anything to do with the weather. While they -can- glide, it is more on the nature of a flying squirrel, in regards that it requires heights and clear distances for any lengthy glide. This also means that they can't walk

on clouds or have anything to do with weather.

In regards to the magic, being able to create and manipulate Auroras is fine. But keep in mind that for a Peryton, magic isn't nearly as specific or controlled as a unicorn, so they would require a large amount of concentration, even to the point that she'd be unaware of her current surroundings if they were big and complex enough. Because an Aurora is a massive thing that can be seen for a large portion of the world around, it'd be a great strain on her. I would have to say she could make auroras of a specific color and very random shapes, or more specific shapes (But nothing so detailed as a picture...perhaps nothing more defined than ribbons or clouds of color) and would have to be fairly close by to make them happen, sort of like a Fireworks show.

However, this character could be played in Crossover RP if you chose!

I assumed auroras were created like rainbows- made in a factory then painted in the sky. Was I wrong?

Oh, and just delete this thread- I don't want to totally recreate this character, or play in crossover.

Auroras could be made in a factory, potentially, but they typically occur as a result of the sun's radiation hitting the upper atmosphere in such a way that it causes the visible effect that we know . A peryton could be magical enough to affect the natural processes that would allow them to manipulate them in such a way that they can produce the aurora in a different way since many of the same factors would be present in Equestria. But the main issue here is that Perytons cannot fly. Since I assumed you wanted to make auroras an important part of the character, I wanted to give you some ideas of how it could still work as far as her magic was concerned, but the trick is making sure that perytons don't come off simply as deerish Alicorns.

Auroras could be made in a factory, potentially, but they typically occur as a result of the sun's radiation hitting the upper atmosphere in such a way that it causes the visible effect that we know . A peryton could be magical enough to affect the natural processes that would allow them to manipulate them in such a way that they can produce the aurora in a different way since many of the same factors would be present in Equestria. But the main issue here is that Perytons cannot fly. Since I assumed you wanted to make auroras an important part of the character, I wanted to give you some ideas of how it could still work as far as her magic was concerned, but the trick is making sure that perytons don't come off simply as deerish Alicorns.

What if she lived on the ground, and couldn't fly, but can create small limited auroras? (And I'll change her parent's jobs)

What if she lived on the ground, and couldn't fly, but can create small limited auroras? (And I'll change her parent's jobs)

Totally possible! That's what I was suggesting. :) But she can't be a flight instructor. As for manipulating the weather, unlike unicorns the caveat is that perytons only specialize in one kind of magic, so if it's Auroras, she won't be able to do anything with the weather. However, even if she's ground-based, she could do something with the weather such as making it snow or rain, but then she couldn't have the auroras, so you've got a few options available. Considering her name 'Rainchaser' she could be the sort of Peryton that helps make it rain to encourage food growth in a field. She could help attract errant clouds for Pegasi to use for creating storms. There's a few possibilities there.

Totally possible! That's what I was suggesting. :) But she can't be a flight instructor. As for manipulating the weather, unlike unicorns the caveat is that perytons only specialize in one kind of magic, so if it's Auroras, she won't be able to do anything with the weather. However, even if she's ground-based, she could do something with the weather such as making it snow or rain, but then she couldn't have the auroras, so you've got a few options available. Considering her name 'Rainchaser' she could be the sort of Peryton that helps make it rain to encourage food growth in a field. She could help attract errant clouds for Pegasi to use for creating storms. There's a few possibilities there.

OK thanks. :) I think I'll use the raincloud idea (more RP possibilities)

• 2 weeks later...

Her hobbies are painting, drawing, and talking to her friends, as well as planning out her next aurora or

upside-down rainbow. She is easily annoyed and a perfectionist, but is likeable as long as you don't

get on her bad side.

I think you forgot to fix this part, since she's chasing clouds, she doesn't work with auroras or rainbows anymore. :)