Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, full disclosure:

When I first joined the RP, I was seriously gung-ho and excited. And then Starburst ran away and things fell apart for awhile and I lost all enthusiasm. I tried hard to get it back and keep up, but I have so much else going on that this was starting to feel like a chore.

Kitten season is slowly starting up and we have a full house now, and likely will through summer now. On top of my full-time paying job, I'm also a staff member for a very large rescue group and that is like a second full-time job (unpaid). I just had a long discussion with Kirby about if I should remove Ali from the RP when the current dark wizard stuff moves on. He said he's fine playing her and wants to keep her around. So it is unlikely that I will pick her back up at this point unless that spark comes back and I have time to catch up on this.

I'm sorry if I held any of you up, you're all great and I'll still watch my emails and peek in here and there. Just wanted to be honest about what was going on.

I'm sorry to hear you've got so much on your plate, Tortoise, but if you can't make it then you can't make it. I don't think anyone here will hold it against you, and perhaps once things calm down just a bit for you we may see you again? I know I just joined but its still sad to see a group member have to depart; but I know you aren't -really- going anywhere, just passing control to Kirby. If we do hear from you again then that'll be great, if not then its no problem! Real life and work come first, so go and take care of what you need to take care of.

Multiclass? Into Bard? Very tempting. But I think I was under the impression that Earth Ponies couldn't wander into anything that needed a horn? Also, as much as I would love to add Versatile Performance: Act to Curtain Call's already sizable Bluff score.... the two don't stack. I dunno. It's something to think about. Because, depending on how far this RP goes, I already have my Prestige Class picked out...

I'm glad I could impress everyone. *bow*

I... have something else to consider for level 5, apparently! Especially if I'm going to continue to have Curtain Call moonlight as Prof. Harold Hill. I already have his prestige class picked out (yes, I thought that far ahead) and, with any luck, taking a level or two of Bard won't hurt things. I do imagine him masquerading as a Unicorn, pulling off his prestidigitation to a stunning audience singing Chicago's Razzle Dazzle.

Oh, man. Curtain Call is slightly racist against Unicorns. How the heck is he going to deal with the fact that he can suddenly do magic?

I dunno. This has a lot of potential for character development. I have a lot to think about now!

Edit: There is a minor 'parental bonus' in my last omake post. Find it and then consider me disgusting.

I'm actually going to point out that Bramble's spontaneous costume is there because his armor specifically has an enchantment that lets him transform it into any clothing he needs... he's been transforming it into what he needs the entire thread.

I wasn't intending everyone to have the same thing. XD But allowing rule of funny.

Btw Krackle that musical.number was brilliant, and the resulting chorus that everypony else spontaneously took part in. :D

Can we have more of that? Please? For the love of Celestia I have never seen musical numbers in the middle of an rp before. If I can somehow work Raz into doing a Be A Man/Stallion routine I will die happy.

Also, looking more into the Mythic and Barbarian powers there is a lot of synergy between the Elemental Fury powers and the Mythic abilities of the same name..

When we go mythic, if we at some point are given titles, I think Razor the Storm Bringer would be appropriate with the large amounts of lightning damage he could do later on.

Sounds like a great idea, Razor. :) We're pretty much wrapping this up, so we'll be nodding good-bye to Ali (sad sigh) and saying hello to our new party member!

Did someone else have a game they wanted to run just now? Because I have a definite idea where to go with the next adventure - hinted at by shadow figure there. It'd start with a high-class party in a country estate to show off their private collection of antiquities, and an attempted robbery ... Ironmane and Bramble get to step out in style, Curtain and Razor get to be all awkward in this very different environment...

While we wrap up the Tale of Two Cities, shall I start a new OOC thread (so that I can record our character sheets at a convenient place) and start with the XP and leveling up? I'm thinking of bumping Ironmane, Curtain, and Bramble up to level 6, while keeping Razor at level 4. Just to solidify his place as newbie. :)

And do we want to continue with "Ponies & Dragons?" Because I'm a big fan of alliteration and am fond of the idea of calling the threads "Pathfinder Ponies" instead.

Does this sound fair to everypony?

Well I'd assume that even though Raz is still level 4, he'll catch up pretty quickly. Though I do still like the idea of him being one of the few actual Adventurer types among the party, and quickly realizing just -how- overblown the stories about Bramble, Curtain, Ali, and Ironmane really were. Either way whatever you feel would work best is fine with me, x3 I've already got a pretty significant stat advantage with the double 18's that somehow got rolled for me so being lower level at the start would probably work out best.. though maybe a two level lack is a bit much? I dunno, I gotta look at what I'll be getting over the next two levels to be sure.

Also YES to having Raz and Curtain both in an awkward place in the higher part of society (I could see Raz getting -extremely- annoyed at constantly having to leave his weapon with complete strangers, "By the wings of Hurrica-! I SAID I'M NOT GOING TO USE IT!!") plus, Rough 'n Tumbling Adventurer/Explorer type trying to fit in with the Prim and Proper high life is an obvious joke waiting to happen.

As for the name of the thread or any other potential games I really have none to offer! I'd be fine with just picking it up at "Ponies and Dragons 2: Electric Boogaloo" or Pathfinder Ponies whichever one works; Pathfinder is -still- DnD just with more stuff! :D Also, new OOC thread to post our character sheets in would probably be a good idea.

Gonna get a post up today after ive slept!

And once again from the land of Mythic, I found an amusing ability. Titan' Rage: As a move action (free if I have the Rage class feature. Which I do!) And at the cost of one mythic power use, you grow one size category and take all the associated penalties and benefits, lasting for anumber of rounds equal to your mythic tier.

So, self Enlarge Person as a free action. A giant sized, lightning fast Pegasus sounds mighty terrifying. XD

Archived