Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question: What are each race's favoured classes? They're not listed in the OP.

The first class you choose is your favored class. Whenever you gain a level in that class you get +1 HP or +1 skill point. Pathfinder doesn't have the same cross-classing system as DND 3.5.

Name: Curtain Call

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color:

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Eye Color:

Cutie Mark: Comedy (white) and Tragedy (black) masks.

Physique: Slightly thin. A runner's build. A below average height.

Origin: His family never called one place home except the wagon stage they shacked in for the night.

Roleplay Type: Ponies & Dragons!

Motivation: Trolling. Buying back his parents' freedom. But mostly trolling.

Likes: (optional) "The looks on their faces!". Puns. Good cider. Oh, and hats.

Dislikes: (optional) The hurmorless. High horses. Friendly competition. If he's not winning, he's not cheating hard enough.

Character Summary: Curtain Call likes to lie. He lies to get things. He lies to get ponies to do things. He lies to get away, once those ponies get mad. But mostly, he lies because it's fun. Besides, Mom and Pop always said he had a knack for it. The precoscious little scamp. So good that Mom and Pop decided to let him into the family business: robbing the attendees of their little variety show of all things shiny and valuable.

Mom and Dad explained that they were doing those ignorant pony-folk a favor. Anypony who let their precious collectables be lifted so easily deserved to lose them. And next time, well, they would be that much wiser. Spreading wisdom and common sense, that's what mom and pop did. And lined their own pockets for their trouble.

They never stayed in one place long enough to be caught by any local gaurd. They were slippery enough to be ignored by any bounty hunters. Life was good.

One extra hot winter though, Curtain Call picked the pockets of the wrong faire-goer. It takes a thief to catch a theif, and as such, it was a member of the local town's theives guild and he did not take kindly to being bamboozled. So he called over his boys. They roughed up Curtain Call pretty bad, not that he didn't put up a fight. But he goes down. He gets to watch them do the same to Mom and Pop. They're taken away. He blacks out, but not before a message.

It's the stallion from whom he stole. "Want to see your folks again, kid? Thought so. I guess you work for us now. We'll keep in touch."

That took way longer than it should have. Also, I'm still working on a color scheme. I HATE picking out a color scheme for OC ponies. I don't know why. It's only the second time I've done it.

Name: Curtain Call

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color:

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Eye Color:

Cutie Mark: Comedy (white) and Tragedy (black) masks.

Physique: Slightly thin. A runner's build. A below average height.

Origin: His family never called one place home except the wagon stage they shacked in for the night.

Roleplay Type: Ponies & Dragons!

Motivation: Trolling. Buying back his parents' freedom. But mostly trolling.

Likes: (optional) "The looks on their faces!". Puns. Good cider. Oh, and hats.

Dislikes: (optional) The hurmorless. High horses. Friendly competition. If he's not winning, he's not cheating hard enough.

Character Summary: Curtain Call likes to lie. He lies to get things. He lies to get ponies to do things. He lies to get away, once those ponies get mad. But mostly, he lies because it's fun. Besides, Mom and Pop always said he had a knack for it. The precoscious little scamp. So good that Mom and Pop decided to let him into the family business: robbing the attendees of their little variety show of all things shiny and valuable.

Mom and Dad explained that they were doing those ignorant pony-folk a favor. Anypony who let their precious collectables be lifted so easily deserved to lose them. And next time, well, they would be that much wiser. Spreading wisdom and common sense, that's what mom and pop did. And lined their own pockets for their trouble.

They never stayed in one place long enough to be caught by any local gaurd. They were slippery enough to be ignored by any bounty hunters. Life was good.

One extra hot winter though, Curtain Call picked the pockets of the wrong faire-goer. It takes a thief to catch a theif, and as such, it was a member of the local town's theives guild and he did not take kindly to being bamboozled. So he called over his boys. They roughed up Curtain Call pretty bad, not that he didn't put up a fight. But he goes down. He gets to watch them do the same to Mom and Pop. They're taken away. He blacks out, but not before a message.

It's the stallion from whom he stole. "Want to see your folks again, kid? Thought so. I guess you work for us now. We'll keep in touch."

That took way longer than it should have. Also, I'm still working on a color scheme. I HATE picking out a color scheme for OC ponies. I don't know why. It's only the second time I've done it.

Looks great, now all you need to do is either have me roll stats or choose the standard set, and finish the actual creation part of character creation.

• Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 5, 4, and rerolled 4 for 3 , Total: 13
  • Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 4, 2, 3, and rerolled 2 for 5 , Total: 12
  • Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 3, 5, 3, and rerolled 3 for 4 , Total: 12
  • Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 2, 3, 5, and rerolled 2 for 2 , Total: 10
  • Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 2, 1, 6, and rerolled 1 for 5 , Total: 13
  • Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 3, 1, and rerolled 1 for 1 , Total: 9

Hmmmmmm. MAN, I'm too used to my old DM running high powered games with "Roll 5D6, drop the lowest 2". But hey, if it's one thing I like, it's a challenge. Speaking of a challenge, I get a stat boost at level 4.

*looks at the roll again*

ODD NUMBERS GAH

Str 9

Dex 16

Con 10

Int 13

Wis 12

Cha 12

Taking into account the stat boost at lvl 4.

Hmmmmmm. MAN, I'm too used to my old DM running high powered games with "Roll 5D6, drop the lowest 2". But hey, if it's one thing I like, it's a challenge. Speaking of a challenge, I get a stat boost at level 4.

*looks at the roll again*

ODD NUMBERS GAH

Str 9

Dex 16

Con 10

Int 13

Wis 12

Cha 12

Taking into account the stat boost at lvl 4.

Now all you have to do is skills and gold.

VERY rough build worked out. No backstory or anything yet because brain=derp.

Bitterweed

Unicorn Sorceror (Earth Elemental Bloodline) 4 HP-18

Spells

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Dancing Lights, Prestigitation

1: Grease, Colour Spray, Ray of Enfeeblement (plus burning hands acid hooves)

2: Blindness/Deafness or Glitterdust

STR:10

DEX:12

CON:13-2=11

INT:14

WIS:08

CHA:15+2+1=18

Skills: Knowledge(arcane) (+9), Spellcraft (+9), Craft(alchemy) (+9), UMD (+11)

Have not decided on feats, favoured class bonus or items yet (though items will likely consist of wands, scrolls and/or alchemical items, plus maybe a bag of holding for the party to share, depending on how much cash I have left and the weight of my equips.

Went with sorc mostly because I prefer spontaneous casting over prepared (though I still don't understand why sorcs get spells a level later than anyone else).

This is all tentative though. I am so bogged down with RPs right now that joining this may end up slowing everyone else down.

The most important question right now is "when will chat sessions happen?"

Oh. Quick question. You rolling our hitpoints for those extra three levels? Or do you love us and are giving us max? :D

Editz: The Skill system in Pathfinder has driven me nuts for the path two hours. Not because it's hard. Because I'm too used to 3.5, which is too complicated. I dunno. I may have done this terribly wrong.

Acrobatics

Bluff

Climb

Disable Device

Escape Artist

Slight of Hand

Stealth

Diplomacy

Perception

Four ranks in each. All Class skills, so without Stat modifiers, everything is +7. Except for Bluff, because Cutie Mark. Also, I am honored and privilaged to be this campaign party's "Dime-a-dozen backstabbing scumbag".

Went with sorc mostly because I prefer spontaneous casting over prepared (though I still don't understand why sorcs get spells a level later than anyone else).

This is all tentative though. I am so bogged down with RPs right now that joining this may end up slowing everyone else down.

The most important question right now is "when will chat sessions happen?"

The reason Sorcerers get spells a level later is becuase a spontaneous caster has more spells to cast per day than a prepared caster. At first level Wizards can prepare 3 cantrips per day and cast one 1st level spell, plus bonus modifiers.

Sorcerers have access to all of their cantrips, and also get to cast three 1st level spells at level one. That's two more spells than a wizard has at the same level. Wizards get access to spells faster because they spend time studying to get access to them. A sorcerer becomes more powerful and learns new spells as he levels up.

The constriction between wizard and sorcerer is that Sorcerers can only have a set amount of spells, and once set, they can never be changed, except in the case where he can choose to forget an old spell to learn a new spell. Wizards, though being able to cast less, can have a spellbook for ALL of the spells, he just has to memorize them to use them.

---

As far as the Chat sessions question goes, when all of the characters have been made, I'll open up a topic, post a setting, and let you guys dive in. When we reach a point in the game that would take an extensive amount of time.. ( Such as combat, for example.. ) I'll have everyone meet up in the chatroom that I've setup and we'll roleplay the combat in realtime. When we finish the combat we may or may not continue with the actual game in chat, depends on what everyone is up for.

I would suggest that earth ponies and pegasus ponies may not be able to cast spells - but they would be able to craft magic items and do alchemy just fine. Look at all those magic items up in Cloudsdale, churning out weather!

Consider the following though: in games such as Pathfinder, magic comes from different places. For balance issues, Unicorns got arcane magic. Magic for magic's sake. The magic of Clerics/Druids/Paladins is divine. They're basically conduits of their god. Earth ponies can sure if they pray enough. It gimps the other two races less this way.

I would suggest that earth ponies and pegasus ponies may not be able to cast spells - but they would be able to craft magic items and do alchemy just fine. Look at all those magic items up in Cloudsdale, churning out weather!

If Unicorns were the only ones able to cast any kind of magic, it would gimp the other races far too much. It's better to have any race capable of divine spellcasting, and arcane spellcasting be left to the unicorns.

As frustrating and disappointing as it is for me, I think I will have to drop out of this. I really don't think I can commit the time necessary for this game right now. I'm sorry.

Please keep me in mind in case you need a backup player later on or whatever.

That's a shame. Well that still leaves three spots open. I need three more ponies who are interested.

Holypony20's stats: Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 6, 2, 6, and rerolled 2 for 5 , Total: 17 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 2, 1, 2, and rerolled 1 for 5 , Total: 9 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 4, 2, 1, and rerolled 1 for 4 , Total: 10 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 1, 5, and rerolled 1 for 4 , Total: 14 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 1, 1, 3, and rerolled 1 for 4 , Total: 8 Starburst

rolled a d6 3 times: 6, 3, 2, and rerolled 2 for 5 , Total: 14

Brianblackberry's stats: Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 3, 6, 3, and rerolled 3 for 3 , Total: 12 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 4, 2, and rerolled 2 for 4 , Total: 13 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 4, 1, 5, and rerolled 1 for 5 , Total: 14 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 1, 2, 2, and rerolled 1 for 5 , Total: 9 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 6, 1, and rerolled 1 for 1 , Total: 12 Starburst rolled a d6 3 times: 2, 6, 4, and rerolled 2 for 6 , Total: 16

Bramblerose's Stats: Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 5, 6, and rerolled 5 for 5 , Total: 16 Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 2, 5, 4, and rerolled 2 for 6 , Total: 15 Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 3, 1, 1, and rerolled 1 for 3 , Total: 7 Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 5, 2, 5, and rerolled 2 for 2 , Total: 12 Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 4, 2, 4, and rerolled 2 for 1 , Total: 9 Starburst|Asleep rolled a d6 3 times: 3, 6, 5, and rerolled 3 for 4 , Total: 15

Archived