Chocolate Specter

SKX

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name:Chocolate Specter

Species:Earth pony

Pelt Color:Dark Red

Mane/Tail Color & Style:Brown, slicked back.

Eye Color: Brown

Cutie Mark: Chocolate Bar

Physique: Large, good, proper posture.

Also: A bow tie and top hat.

Residence: Travels between Fillydelphia and Ponyville.

Occupation: Owns a candy shop in Fillydelphia, given to him by his father. Planning on opening another in Ponyville.

Motivation:To leave a good impression on people, to be liked.

Likes:Ponies who get to know him, enjoying life, relaxing, success.

Dislikes:Ponies who judge books by their cover, being over scheduled, stuck up ponies.

Character Summary:Chocolate Specter is everything his older brother, Carnation Split, isn't. Suave, hard working, caring, friendly, and nice. That's what he would want you to think, anyway. In reality, he's a soft spoken colt who's just really afraid of what people think about him. He doesn't remember exactly when, or how it happened, but as he got bigger and more masculine, people made him out to be more of a gentlecolt, treating him with more respect. He didn't want to let people down, so he slowly developed a persona in which he was that suave pony that everyone thought, even donning a bow tie and top hat. Around friends, though, he quits the charade. His suave personality makes him an excellent business man, which is good, considering how his father, Banana Split, owned a struggling Candy Shop. Chocolate Specter began to manage it and made it flourish. This, needless to say, made him his father's favorite. He doesn't like to think about it, but he blames Carnation's moving to Ponyville on his popularity. His respect for his older brother is half the reason he decided to start a new shop in Ponyville.

"being busy" doesn't really illustrate something the character dislikes. Expand it a little. Is he always looking to have free time? Does he lack good scheduling abilities so instead resorts to simplicity? I know people like that. They'd rather hang out than plan their day--not because their lazy, but because they don't like being rushed to do things.

A sketch of the character or a simple pony generator to visualize the character would be useful. This character has a few items that accessorize him and I wonder what it really "looks" like. Top hats can be worn several different ways...

I changed it too being overscheduled. He has the ability to organize everything, but usually has a lot to do, considering he owns a candy shop. Two candy shops, once he sets one up in Ponyville.

I've tried drawing my ponies and using that one male outline thing but it takes forever to remove all the specks of white to make something all one color.

Thanks for the tips riverhippo!

Following what they said this profile is still just a little to bare-bones to be approved. Try to fatten it up with information about your pony. Where is his candy shop located? Why does he travel between Ponyville and Fillydelphia? Maybe more about his history or experiences with family? So far all in the character summary I just see personality info when you could boost it a bit more. C:

More or less just make everything look more descriptive, bigger than it actually is even.