[Private] When Ponies and Humans Meet

Cookies Need Love

Cloud Chaser was flying. That wasn't surprising at all to anyone who had known her for more then five minutes. She was always flying. She loved flying. Flying was her job. At the moment, however, Cloud wasn't flying for work. She was in the sky out of pure pleasure. With a loud whoop Cloud looped around several clouds lazily. She let outna cheerful laugh as she righted herself, slightly dizzy, and began to descend. Cloud had been so absorbed in her aerial gymnastics that she hadn't noticed how far away from civilization she had gotten. She landed on a small dirt road that ran through a swamp and looked around. Everywhere was green and wet and muddy. Cloud's mouth immediately broke into a wide grin as she dove towards the puddles. She began to splash around, jumping up and down. She was laughing like a tiny foal, and playing happily. She was too busy to notice the creature approaching before a loud roar echoed over the massive marsh.

Cloud Chaser whipped around, staring up at the three-headed monster. It's three mouths were snarling and growling at her. Cloud paused for a moment before grinning again and waving at the creature. "Hey there! You're big, aren't you? I'm certainly nowhere as big as you! Do you live here? I was just playing in the mud. Do you wanna play with me? Ohhh, I know! We can play tag!" Cloud squealed, jumping up and down excitedly. The hydra paused, confused at the lack of screams and running. Cloud hopped once, then flapped her wings and shot into the air. She swooped towards the hydra and poked his side.

"Tag, you're it!" Cloud shouted. She turned and sped off, wings flapping swiftly as she stayed just ahead of the hydra. Now that she appeared to be fleeing it knew exactly what to do. With another loud roar the hydra gave chase, swiping at Cloud. She avoided the blows easily, giggling the whole time. She looped again, then did a dive towards the ground and pulled up only a moment before colliding with it. She sped towards the sky, dodging the hydra's fierce claws and even one of the heads as it snapped at her. With a cheerful yell Cloud turned and sped off again, leaving the hydra to lumber after her clumsily.

• Like 1

"Wait for it...Waaaaait for ittttttt" Valoren said slowly as he stared out hard at the prey that was lingering near a small pond of water, as it dipped its snout into the water to drink. This was one of the keys to prepare oneself for sneaking. Always become one with the enviorment, to allow oneself to blend in and become one with nature itself. With his dark green fur, he ahd to admit he fit that pretty well in a forest enviorment. His black, wild mane and tail put a small damper on things but only if he was moving; otherwise it could be mistaken for a plant. The adventoruous seeking pegasus was out in the Everfree forest, practing his sneaking skills; or steatlh skills if you may. He was trying to see if he could sneak up on a wolf succesfully. Eyeing the large black wolf, Val grinned as he tried his excitment. As he edged forward, he froze at the distinctive sound of a twig snapping, as he glanced down to see a broken twig. Seeing his moment about to be lost, Val let out a yelp as he dove out and tackled the wolf; enciting a comical cloudball to be kicked up with hooves and paws shooting out. When the cloud subsided; Val stood over the wolf grinning as the wolf sighed sheepishly. "Sorry, Im still abit faster then ya" Val smirked to his friend as the wolf got up, shrugging indifferently; figuring it would be faster next time. Val had asked his buddy to wait for awhile in these parts so he could test who was faster, and it seemed Val was!! Waving goodbye to his friend, Val turned as he thoguht "I wonder what I should do next". He was about to get his response when suddenly the ground begun to shake and rumble. Stumbling as Valoren struggled to keep his balance, he looke around radpily as he thought "Whats happening? Whats going on?! Wheres the...THE CELESTIA"?! Valoren's jaw dropped as he could see through the clouds a strange sight. A pegasus, doing loopty loops and spins as it was flying away grinning, from a Hydra who looked too exhausted but wasnt about to let her get away from him!! Shaking his head, Val's face became determiend!! WHilst he was an adventurer, he had a daring and bold side to him that screamed for him to help this pegasus in peril. "I'ma coming" Val shouted as he bolted up towards where the Hydra was chasing the pegasus as with a mighty cry, delivered a powerful kick to one of the back of its head; hoping to get its attention away from the pegasus.

Cloud Chaser glanced behind her at the hydra. It seemed to be slowing down and panting. Concerned for her new friend, Cloud slowed too. "Are you okay?" Cloud called to the exhausted hydra. The monster made one feeble swipe at Cloud Chaser before seeming to give up. Cloud let out a giggle and hovered directly in front of the hydras three heads. The monster glared at her, wondering what was wrong with the Pegasus. She didn't seem scared at all. In fact, she looked like she was throughway enjoying herself. The hydra knew this wasn't how hunts were supposed to go. The prey was supposed to be terrified and weaker then the hydra. So that the monster could grab it easily. But this flying pest just wouldn't slow down, and it's aerial maneuvers were giving all the heads a headache. Still, the hydra refused to be outsmarted by such a thing!

Feeling much better after the short respite, the hydra bared it's teeth at Cloud Chaser. "Feeling better? Oh, that's good! I'm having so much fun that I don't wanna stop!" Cloud cheered. She looped once more, easily avoiding the hydra's claws, and took off. It was then that a speeding blur of color whipped by her. The speed sent Cloud Chaser tumbling down towards the forest below. Luckily she managed to land rather neatly on a tree branch. Cloud was about to take off again when she noticed something shiny on a branch just below her. Curious, as always, Cloud Chaser jumped down to inspect the glittering. An amulet was nestled in the crook where the tree branch met the trunk. Cloud stared at it for a moment, entranced by the pretty colors that seemed to dance across it's surface. She scooped it up with one hoof and took off, determined to show it to her hydra friend.

When Cloud broke through the tops of the trees, she spotted a Pegasus dive-bombing the hydra. Cloud Chaser sped towards the Pegasus, wondering what game they were playing now. "What's going on over here?" Cloud called out with a little giggle. She glanced at the amulet on her hoof, then shrugged and slipped it over her head and around her neck. This kade it easier for her to fly towards the Pegasus. "Hello there! I'm Cloud Chaser and this is hydra. That's what I call him, 'cause he never his real name! What're you doing? Is it a game? Can I play?" Cloud Chaser asked eagerly. She was so distracted by the Pegasus and his fun game that she didn't notice the claw swooping in on her. The hydra grasped Cloud and brought her towards it's heads. One was occupied in fending off the other Pegasus, but the other two were grinning in triumph at having finally caught the little pest.

"Oh, you finally got me! Guess I'm it now, aren't I? Although I don't know if we're still playing that game. That other Pegasus seems to want to play something else," Cloud smiled sweetly up at the hydra, who was staring blankly at her. The prey still wasn't screaming. The third head was having a bit of trouble with the Pegasus. The other two turned their attention away from the confusing creature in their grasp and attempted to snatch the other Pegasus out of the air. Unfortunately they forgot which claw was holding Clpud Chaser and released her to grab the other Pegasus. Just as the hydra let her go, a burst of bright, white light came from the amulet around Cloud's neck. When it faded away, Cloud Chaser's wings were gone. For a moment she hung there, almost comically, before she started plummeting to Equestria.

((Sorry it's so long!!!! They'll get shorter, I promise!))

(Celestia your post are long :D. I dont know if i'll be able to match it all the time ^_^ )

"This is fun...insane, adventrous, but kinda fun" Val thought as he dodged being attacked by the hydra heads. Looping around by the two heads, Val flew circles around the two forcing them to follow and tie one another up. Kicking the two in the noses, Val flew back smirking. The two claws suddenly came up at his head, the hydra determiend to get their claws on the insolent young pegasus. Looping over it, Val went and kicked under one of the Hyrdras arm, inceinting a yelp of pain from it. This certaintly was fun. Hearing an overly cheerful voice calling at him, Val's eyes averted over towards the other pegasus as he noticed how happy she was, giggling all the way as she avoided being snatched. Val found it fun cause it was a good challenge for himself, but she looked like she was unaware of the danger she was truly in!! "Whats with her" Val thought annoyed as he let out a gasp as she was suddenly snatched. "Hold on" he shouted, as he flew to get to her as he was swiped across the cheek by one of the hydras claws as he was sent tumbling backwards through the air. Groaning, he shook his head as he put a hoof to his head. "That wasnt cool" he groaned, as he rubbed his head. Looking as he saw the pegasus free herself, Val gasped as a flash of light as suddenly her wings were gone!! "WHat the Celestia" Val gawked as he watched her blink as she started to fall. Gasping, he dive bombed down towards the falling pony with a determined look. Catching her in his hooves, he looked down as her added weight and force of extra momentum; he slid down through the grass as he let out a grunt as he slid through the mud and the muck as he kep thte pony above his ehad as he slowly came to a stop. He was now a complete mess, whilst the pegasus was clean. Shaking his head, he looked up at her conceerned "Are you alright"?

"Whooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Cloud Chaser was falling, yet she didn't seem to care. Instead she was yelling with excitement and waving her hoofs about. It was only when she glanced down and saws the rapidly approaching ground that she realized landing would not be as fun as falling. Perhaps she should tell someone that..... If she ever got the chance. Just as Cloud s certainnshe wasn't going to get that chance, she was once more snatched from the air. This time wasn't the hydra, however.

Cloud let out a loud whoop, giggling as they landed. Then the Pegasus began to slide, holding her above his head. When the finally came to a stop, Cloud Chaser jumped down. Straight into the muck that the other Pegasus had just tried to save her from. She turned to her rescuer, determined to thank him. Then she saw he was covered in grass and dirt and mud. "You look sooooooooo funny!" Cloud giggled. She began to bounce up and down as she laughed, not minding the mud that was spraying up over her.

It was only when her laughter had subsided that Cloud approached the pony. "Thanks for that! I thought I was gonna go splatty-splat, and then you swooped in like whoosh! And I was like whoa! And then I was like wheee! Then you got alllllll dirty, and so did I! 'Cept not at first. I'm Cloud Chaser, by the way. What's your name? What're you doing around here? I don't think I've seen you before. Are you a traveler? I travel a lot too, for work and stuff. I'm a Weather Pony! It's super duper fun! What do you do for fun?" Cloud was bouncing around and around the other Pegasus as she spoke. She had just bounced very high when the amulet flashed once more. When the light had faded, Cloud was hovering a few feet above the ground, her wings returned. She landed, then turned to the Pegasus again with a grin. "So, I've gotta do something to pay you back! You saved my life. Oh, where's my hydra friend?" Cloud suddenly recalled the monster she had been playing with. She glanced around to see it lumbering off into the distance. It had been a hard day for the hydra. It had had to chase prey far from it's home, it had gotten attacked, and no one seemed scared of it. Cloud waved goodbye to the hydra, grinning happily.

((Oh, that's fine! They'll probably get shorter as the RP goes on XD))

Val's world had briefly gone black, as the mega force from hitting the ground, sliding through the mud and muck whilst holding a pony had been abit much for him. However, all slowly started to come back into place as he thoguuht "Oh no!! Im blind!! CELESTIA IM BLIND!!! WHAT AM I....Oh". Wipping mud outta his eyes, he blushed embarrsed as he looked over at the overexcited pegasus who was in the process of talking at the speed of a getting evrerything out in the process of under five seconds or less. She certaintly was a hyper one. Val tried his best to focus on her quesstion so he could answer everyone of them. "Umm, Im Valoren Seeker, I was actually practing my sneaking skills here in the Everfree forest with one of its inhabitants" he explained to her. As he watched her giggle and laugh, he had to stop himself from going along with it. Apparently her cheerfulness was contatgious, best remain professional and not let it overtake him. "A weather pony? That sounds like a difficult profession". Blushing, he responded "Im an adventurer actually, traveling all around Equestria; doing oddjobs so I can find and face great perils and challenges so I can test myself in order to becoem a better pony". Suddenly remembering the hydra, Val quickly glanced back at where it was in time to see it slump away, apparently having given up on trying to catch its prey. That certaintly was fortunate for them. Looking over at the grinning Pegasus, Val became irrated again. What in the world had she been doing!? "What were you doing?! That thing was trying to eat you,and you seemed to just keep making it madder" Val demanded, as he looked at the pony sternly as he couldnt beleive that one would be so..so oblvious to the danger she had been in.

Cloud Chaser leaned over to peer at the pony that has saved her life. He was interesting looking and she certainly hadn't seen him around before. Cloud would've remembered a pony like him. In fact, she remembered all the ponies she met and he most definitely wasn't one of them. "Well, it's super duper nice to meet you, Valoren Eeker! If it had t been for you I probably would've splatted on the ground and that wouldn't have been nice or fun at all, but you caught so I'm it splatted! I'm not very sneaky. I'm much too loud to be sneaky and I laugh at everything so anyone can hear me coming," Cloud explained, rather unnecessarily. He had been there, and so had she. No one was getting any benefit from her ramblings, and he could probably already tell how loud she was.

"Hard? I guess so, but I like to think of it as fun! I love my job and I get to go to exciting new places all the time, and I'm super good at Weather too. Even my cutie mark is a Weather one. See?" Cloud Chaser turned and lifted her wing slightly so Val could see the three clouds on her flank. Then she resumed bouncing around him in circles cheerfully. "Ohhhhhh, adventures! That sounds like lots and lots of fun. Do you make a lot of friends? I make new friends everywhere I go! That's the part I like best. Do you wanna be friends? Cloud paused at the end of her sentence and turned to Val excitedly. Luckily she was in front of him so she could stare into his face eagerly. She really loved having and making friends, and since Val had saved her life she really, really wanted to be his friend.

Cloud Chaser blinked in surprise when Val's voice suddenly became mad. She had no idea what he was upset about. "What do you mean? The only time I was in danger was when I was falling and then you caught me. The hydra and I were playing tag! It was sooooooooo much fun and I think I won! Maybe that's why he left. Maybe he's a sore loser. Although he did tag me in the end, didn't he? Maybe he just got tired. I'm super duper energetic, so maybe I tired him out. I feel bad. Should I go apologize?" Cloud wondered. She glanced over to where the hydra had disappeared. Now that she thought about it, the hydra had seemed upset when it had walked off. Maybe she should go say sorry.....

Val blinked as he stared at the mare in amazement. "Is she truly this oblivious to the danger" Val thought in amazment. Never before had he ever encounterted a pony who was so carefree and high in spirirts. It was as if she was on an all high happy diet or something. Blinking at her quesions, Val quickly recovered as he stammered "Ah yeah ive met alot of friends on my travels. Some are more eccetric then others so its led me onto some interesting travels". "Though ive never met anypony quite like you" Val thought to himself as he shook his head in exhasperation. He was unable to keep his anger up for long as she happily asked if he wanted to be friends with her. Chuckling, he nodded "Sure thing. Its always nice to make new friends". When he saw her frown, guilt entered him as he felt bad for makin her upset. "Maybe i was too harsh" he thought with guilt. As he saw her stare off llonginly at where the Hydra went, panic entered his mind as he quicky stammered "Ah im sure he's just tired from playing".

• 2 weeks later...

Cloud noticed Val staring at her and grinned cheerily at the stallion. She was still bouncing slightly, and although her wings were tight against her flank she had the appearance of being about to fly off. It was the way she radiated energy that could never be contained. It was a good thing Cloud Chaser had been born a Pegasus. She couldn't imagine not being able to fly to get some of her energy out. It truly sounded like torture to her.

"Really? Maybe I've met some of them too! After all, I know lots and lots of ponies. That's another reason I like traveling. I can say hi to ponies I haven't seen in a while and that's always good. I never really miss my friends though because I always have a friend no matter where I go!" Cloud Chaser explained. She spread her wings and flapped once, rising a couple inches before dropping back down to the wet, squelchy earth. She giggled as her landing caused a spray of mud.

"Yay! Now we're friends forever and ever! You can call me Cloud, and I hope you don't kind if I call you Val 'cause Valoren Eeker is kind of a mouthful. Anyway, you saved my life! Now I gotta repay the favor somehow.... Is there anything you need? Just say the word and I'll help you out!" Cloud promised with a firm nod. She smiled and let out an excited giggle. Cloud spun in a circle before stopping staring at Val again as he spoke about the hydra. She glanced off into the distance, then back with a wide smile.

"Yup, you're probably right! Maybe I'll go play with him later. He was fun to play with. Do you like to play games?" Cloud inquired eagerly.

((Sorry I've been gone for so long! Completely forgot to check XP

Anyway, I was thinking we could do the whole teleport with the amulet thingy in the next few posts.... Any ideas?))

Val watched Cookie bounce up and down, giggling as he found himself unable to hold back a small giggle himself. Her happiness, and energy was apparently really contagious. How she was able to remain constnatly happy, and laughing was a mystery to him since although he was an optomis and loved to stay in good spirits, even he couldnt remain this happy all the time. Watching her hover and land in the mud, he shook his head grinning. She was acting alot like a filly, playing in the mud and beaming with happiness. "Heh heh, well then your really lucky. Usually whenever i travel im usally alone since I dont really have any pony with me at the time". Crossing his hooves, he raised a brow "Friends forever huh? That sounds good to me, Im glad to meet ya Cloud" Val smiled, rolling his eyes lightly as she mispronounced his last name. Realizing she was asking for him to ask a favor, he said "A favor? Well umm..lets see here. I don't really have anything in midn at the moment for a favor, since it feels like im using fellow ponies. So, nope i got nothing" he chuckled weaily, running a hoof through his mane. Blinking, he nodded "Sure, I like to play games. They help one use that energy that thier holding back".

"Oh, I usually travel alone too! But I don't kind because I know that when I get where I'm going I've gotta whole buncha friends who're gonna be super duper happy to see me. That's what I think about when I'm all alone, which isn't very often, actually. I'm usually talking to someone or playing with someone! That's my favorite thing to do. 'Sides my job, and I love my job!" Cloud Chaser replied, still bouncing slightly on her hooves. She grinned happily at Val, swishing her tail behind her and occasionally flicking her ears. Cloud was happy that she had some pony to talk to! She hated being alone.

"Friends forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever!" Cloud Chaser exclaimed, tapping her hoof in the mud with each ever. She didn't seem to need to breathe for she never even paused. At his next comment, Cloud frowned.

"Nothin' I can do for you? But I need to pay you back! How long are you gonna be around here? A long time or a short time? I guess if I can't return the favor while you're here, I'll just have to travel around with you. Ohhhh, that sounds like fun! Lots and lots and lots of fun," Cloud decided. It didn't matter if Val argued at that point. If she couldn't return the favor by the time he left, she was going to go with him.

"Games are a lot of fun! Although I never hold back any energy. If I try to even stay still for too long I get all twitchy and then the energy just explodes out and I'm even more energetic then before!!!!!!"

Val laughed out loud, grinning wildely now. Her happiness really was contagious!! Stop the presses!! Nodding, he chuckled "Its pleasent to find a pony who loves her job so much. I dont run into alot of ponies who enjoy thieir jobs or destiny, some are just really unhappy with what they have. They even go as to try and change thier cutie mark by finidng another hidden talent". Shaking his head, he said "Well, for that I say as long as your happy with waht you do then do whatever you please". Grinning, he siad "Forever and ever and ever huh? Heh heh, I dont have a problem with that; you certinatly are the type of pony I would love to stay friends with. I mean, I dont think ive ever been around somepony quiet as cheerful as you before". When he heard about how she was basically stating she was gonna travel with him to pay him back for saving her, he was stunned. She certaintly was determined and if she wanted something; she went for it no matter what. Very few ponies held such determineation; him being one of them. Perhaps this was some sort of sign!! Like he was supposed to meet this pony, even if it was under different circumstances and such!! But he wasnt complaining, if that was the case then hed gladly accept. Bowing low, he smiled as he siad "I humbly am grateful for your companionship".Blinking as he heard about how she loved games and how she was like a whirling, swirling vortex of fun; he grinned "Heh heh, I love games as much as hte next pony to make sure it keeps me energetic too".

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, of course I love my job. I get to fly around! If I didn't like my job I wouldn't have this cutie mark. 'Sides, it's not like a talent. It's just something I reaaaaaaaaaaally love doing! So I'm super duper glad I get to do this for the rest of my life. Do you feel that way about your cutie mark?" Cloud Chaser inquired, peering closer at Val. She jumped into the air and did a little loop before coming back down to earth to hear what Val said next.

"Lots is ponies say that! They think I'm sooooooooo cheerful, and some even asked if I was pretending to be happy but I think pretending to be happy is silly because that means you're not actually happy. When I'm not happy, which isn't very often, I want someone to know so they can cheer me up and I can be happy again!" Cloud responded with a little giggle. She kicked up her back hooves and splashed in the mud once more, spraying droplets every which way. Cloud blinked and tilted her head to the side as Val bowed and thanked her before giggling once more.

"Oh, there's no need to be so formal! I'm just a normal pony, not like Princess Celestia or any pony like that! I always love to play games all the time. They make me so happy and sometimes I even get tired if I just played an especially fun game. That doesn't happen often, though!"

Val nodded as he listened to her about how she loved her job, and how she liked having it as a talent at the same time. Being a weather pony musta been a hard thing, and yet he could see no regret or sadness of any kind in the pony's eyes. Watcing as she flew up into the air to do a loop, he had to admire her for her unique child like playfullness. At times, he wished he could act like that without any sort of worry for what was to come, or just to be silly. Smiling as he landed, he siad "Well, I look at my cuite mark and I guess I feel lucky to be honest". Glancing down at his cutie mark,he remarked "The sword stands for my boldness and desire to go out and adventure with others whils thte shield means for me to protect others. I've always had a desire to help other ponies and to befriend them, so I guess I love my cutie mark meaning as well". Raising a brow, he siad "Pretending to be happy, isnt really something for me since when I try it I only feel miserable. THats why I try to be happy whenver I can, grabbing life's moments and seizing them, so I can enjoy the day". Letting out a laugh as she splashed int he mud, getting abit in his mane he shook his head to spary the mud of of him. Watching as she explained how she wasnt very formal, he smirked as he siad "Oh really"? Giving a fake gasp, he pointed "Whats that over their"? Watching as she turned, he smirked playfuly as he tackled her into the mud, deciding to see how it felt to be silly as he playfully messed up her mane, grinning.