Equestrian Pirates: The Crew of the Freewing

Alkali

It was a brisk fall day in Stalliongrad. The airship dock was fairly quiet for the day, until a small craft started it's way in. Anyone with any recognizable training could see that there were issues with said ship, as it landed hard upon the ground, skidding to a rough stop against one of the docking moors. On the outside the ship looked fine as a pegasus and an Earth pony disembarked, the air bag starting to deflate as they walked away, the body of the airship slowly falling apart.

The pegasus looked back, wincing a little bit. "Hrm...well that's not good." he said, looking over to his first mate. "Looks like we need a new ship." he told him, looking around. "Something with a little more..strength to it. Not like we got in any boarding actions on that one...though there was that mountain."

(( Just an introductory post on what Grandya did before she met the Captain. ))

Grandya was flying slowly among the barren white hills outside of Stalliongrad. She was surveying the little patches of shrubs that shot out of the snow. They were usually the hiding places of little rodents like rabbits or field mice. She was on the hunt. She had decided to help her mother's "Gryphon Goods" store. Wild game was something Gryphons appreciated, especially live game. She had already caught a few snow rabbits, it was her third run.

She had loved Stalliongrad. Despite the snow, this city was nothing like Breakbeak City. She was glad that her family had decided to make the move to find a better life, which they did. Gathering scrap for a living didn't pay for much, especially with all the competition. Stalliongrad however, was a plethora of opportunity, and Grandya was a gryphon who actively sought out opportunity.

She continued the hunt, spotted some movement in the shrubs below and dove like an arrow streaking to its target. Her talons opened as she landed hardly on the snow-covered ground. The white snow splashed around her, leaving a small crater on where she had landed. Satisfied at what she had caught, she flew up and headed back into the city proper, to the direction of the open street market in Kuznitza. And in her talons, a white snow rabbit, struggling trying to escape.

• 4 weeks later...

GangPlank glanced at his Captian and nodded, stretching his legs slightly "Aye Captain, that we do" he said and sighed closing his eyes taking in the air "It's a good day for air sailing that's for certain, now we just need a proper ship and a good crew behind it and we'll be set..."

Though GangPlank was never going to be satisfied with any ship other than the one he had toiled over in his youth, that ship was perfect, no vessel would ever compair to its majesty... "Lets just get this over with so we can get back in the air"

Even though GangPlank was a Unicorn his hooves belonged on the smooth wood of a boat sailing through the sky, at his very core he was a sailing pony, and being on the ground just didn't feel right.

• 3 weeks later...

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard to do. We're gonna need at least one helper though." he said, looking around as they exited the port area. "Probably a mercenary of some kind, help us break into a near by REA base and steal a ship. Gonna want to find a mechanic...and, well, anything else would be useful too." he said, stretching his wings out a little. "I'm...not exactly welcome around the REA at the moment, so if you could scout out the base, I'll hit a tavern and see if I can't find anyone looking for some daring work." he told Plank, smiling and giving him a wink. "We'll be back in the air looking for a suitable place to make a long term pirate base in no time, you'll see."

(( Mercenary? I think Bann is next with Martel. I rarely see him in chat nowadays. Anyway, I'll just post a little bit story more on Grandya until we lead up to when she accidentally collides with the Freedomwing. ))

Grandya had caught a total of 4 snow rabbits in her third run. As she had delivered the live game to her Mom's store when she had noticed that almost everything they had for sale was just about all bought by the Gryphons in the crowd. Her mother had suggested to make one final run for the day to keep up with the demand. Grandya nodded and soared into the sky once more.

An hour had past and she had not managed to catch another snow rabbit. It seems that her prolonged presence had tipped off her prey in the ground and they all went into hiding. Not wanting to go back empty handed, she decided to concentrate at the flock of fowl that flew around Stalliongrad. This was more of a challenge since these birds were more agile than her. As she flew into the flock, every bird dispersed. She found herself locked on to a lone target and began chase. Though she excelled at her speed, she lacked the prowess to make sudden turns in midair like the birds did. Still, she was persistent and kept her eye on the target.

• 1 month later...

Alright. I'm considering this RP to be a bust, but not the whole thing. My current plan is to restart with everyone who is still interested already on board, with the ship somewhere in the mountains near Stalliongrad. My attention span, and general other distractions, willing, I should have the first post up by the end of next week. Also, distractions and other obstacles willing, I'll be on IRC more often to talk. I really am sorry for letting this droop and slump and tumble, but I hope to fix that here soon.