Fireworks Shoppe

Tornadopelt

Guest EoLPinkie

When they reached the store, Pinkie bounced around excitedly and pointed everything she'd seen earlier that morning to Rainbow Dash.

"Lookie! There's all sorts of neat fireworks! Thunder gave me this one, and this one, and this one, and this one, and this one..." The energetic pony zoomed around the shelves, pointing to each one until she ended up on a high ledge housing a Sonic Rainboom. "And here's the one you shot off! Isn't it neat? I bet he has all sorts of cool stuff upstairs! I can't wait to see it all!"

With a thump she landed back on the floor, smiling widely in her pegasi friends' faces.

"Let's go see!"

After a few minutes of rummaging upstairs for the materials, Thunder Storm brought the supplies downstairs. "OK, girls, here are the materials I use!" He laid out the cardboard and tape, along with the various powders, compounds, and little clay lumps, along with several types of fireworks. He pointed to each substance, giving an explanation as to what function the materials served. After a few minutes, he came to the stars. "Ok, girls! These 'stars' may not look like much now because they are pretty much flammable clay with different powders for different effects. Basically, each powder gives off a specific color, and mixing compounds gets other colors." After explaining the purpose the stars had, he came to the fireworks themselves. "Right here, on this table, we have Class C Fireworks, otherwise known as Consumer Fireworks. This class contains fireworks, like bottle rockets, Roman Candles, 1-inch shells... basically these are all things you can get at a fireworks stand." He flew over to another table, explaining the larger shells. "So, on this table, we have Class P fireworks, or Professional Fireworks. These are what you would see at a professional fireworks display. We've got 3-inch shells and larger here on this table right here." He looked at Rainbow and Pinkie, who were staring intently. "Basically, these," he said, making a gesture to the small Class Cs, "are for you, and these," he said, gesturing to the larger Class Ps, "are for the ponies who know what they're doing." Rainbow gave a short laugh, and then said, "Ouch!"

Guest EoLPinkie

Pinkie rested her chin on the table, nudging one of the Class C's with her nose in wonder.

"So those big ones make the big explosions, right?" she asked. "I guess that makes sense. I'm a party professional though! I mean come on, I have a party cannon. I'm used to blowing stuff up!" she giggled.

The pink pony slid over a lump of clay with her hoof, knocking it back and forth to herself across the table.

"So why does this funny clay burn? The only clay I've ever played with was colorful too, but didn't light on fire. I just made fake cupcakes and ate them when I was a filly. Then I got sick..." An idea popped into Pinkie's head, and her eyes got shiny. "Could we make our own firework here Thunder? Would you show me how?!"

Storm looked at Pinkie, then began to explain why the clay burned. "The clay that is included in the fireworks undergoes enormous pressure and temperatures, enough to light the stuff with color compounds up. In case they don't burn right away, black powder assists with the burning." When Pinkie asked to make a firework with him, he nodded, getting the materials and lots of premade stars. "Let's get crafting!"

It was just about noon, Pine Cone was barely waking up as he usually does. "What sould I do today?" he thought to himself. With his mind drawing up a blank he said "Maybe i'll just take a walk around ponnyville, something is bound to happen." So out he headed through the door to see what ponnyville had in store for him today.

While walking around Ponnyville he spotted a rather mysterious new shop that he had never seen before "Fireworks Shop?" he said to himself "sounds cool" so he galloped to the front door to see if anypony was inside. He spotted two pegasi and a pink earth pony that was bouncing all over the place. After checking to make sure anypony was home he walked in.

Guest EoLPinkie

Pinkie nodded eagerly when Thunder said they could make fireworks, and began swirling around black powder and the flammable clay on the countertop in feverish motions. Back and forth, back and forth, mixing and tossing. It was like making batter for cupcakes or dough for a pie crust! She started then giggled when a small portion of the powder sparked from the friction she was creating.

"Oooooo!" she laughed, gathering a bit of blasting powder in each hoof.

Placing them firmly together, she rubbed her hooves along each other as fast as she could until the powder sizzled, sparked, and popped. It was endlessly entertaining for Pinkie, up until the point that a new pony came into the shop. Meeting not one, but two new ponies in a day? This was the greatest day ever!

"Hi!" she said happily, bouncing up to meet the newcomer. "Do you work here? Are you a customer? Do you like fireworks? I love fireworks! What's your name? I'm Pinkie Pie! That's Rainbow Dash and Thunder Storm over there. We're making fireworks of our very own!"

Thunder Storm noticed the pony enter the shop. "Hello and welcome to the Fireworks Shoppe! When it comes to fireworks, you name it, I've got it! What would yooooOOOH NO NO NONONO PINKIE! THAT BLACK POWDER CAN CAUSE MASSIVE DESTRUCTION WHEN MISHANDLED!" The new pony looked at the chaos that could've unfolded, until his attention was brought to Thunder Storm. "Either way," Thunder said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, "what would you like today?"

"Im sorry I don't meen to intrud on what you guys are doing but I saw this store and it looked so intersting I just had to come in and check it out." Pine Cone said to the warm welcoming ponies. "What are you guys making." He said being very intrigued with all the black powders, shells and colors.

Sugar Spice slowly walked out of the general stores holding a small brown bag, she placed it on the cobblestones before looking back into the shop. "Thank you for your trouble!" She called to the shop keeper. She looked down at the plain package on the ground before her, closing her eyes and concentrating. Her horn slowly began to glow lifting the bag off the floor. Spice slid it into her bag before breaking the spell with a sigh of relief. "Well i guess that will teach me for staying up all night reading." She gave a light chuckle before making her way to Sugar Cube Corner. As she slowly wandered the streets, Spice pondered on what she wanted to buy. So many delicious confectionery choices, it was hard to decide.

Her mind wandered as she looked at all of the shops. It wasn't far from Sugar Cube Corner before Spice stopped dead in her tracks, she back stepped to read the sign of a rather fancy looking shop. "Fireworks Shoppe... Maybe they will have what i'm looking for!" She wandered up to the entrance to see the store 'open'. She lightly opened the door and peered inside. "Hello?"

• 2 weeks later...

The pink unicorn mare with lavender mane and tail, the Awesome and Amazing Brambleberry was back in Ponyville for another show.

She was stretching her legs after the long trip and setting back up in front of the Town Hall, which looks like it had been recently repaired. Oh well, she'll get the dirt on what happened during her visit in town.

The mare stoopped short and turned to look at the Fireworks Shop.

"Oh! Well that's new!" She giggled "I'll check them out and see if this would be a handy place to restock my fireworks. Canterlot is too steep a slope to visit often."

The mare swept in through the front door, cape flowing and hood up for dramatic effect. her horn sparkled, playing a small fanfare out of thin air.

"Good morning! I, the Amazing and Awesome Brambleberry, require fireworks for her show!"

She blinked a moment, seeing a mare just as pink as she was, making sparks by rubbing her hooves together. "Should I run now?..."

Thunder Storm heard yet another new arrival. "Wow! Hey mom, what was that about 'slow'?" "Whaddya mean?" Fire Flower called back. "Yeah, um, we MIGHT need some slight crowd control," Thunder Storm shouted. "Huh?" When Fire Flower peeked around the corner, she saw quite a crowd developing. Pinkie, Dashie, Pine Cone, Brambleberry, Sugar Spice, and Thunder Storm were all in one room. "Well, Bramble Berry, I'm Thunder Storm! My firework selection ranges from the safe and sane to the dangerous and must-be-carefully-handled. What would you like today?" When Thunder Storm realized how much Bramble Berry imitated Trixie, he pondered. "...And you're not related to 'The Great and Powerful Trixie,' are ya?"

The magical mare tossed her hood back. "I require a lot of the first, some from classifications somewhere in the middle, and definitely some of the last class. If I werent performing close to crowds of ponies, I would be ordering more of those."

She smirked at the question "Oh not at all, we just had the same schooling. I heard what had happened in this town from her and started perfoming here to see if there was any thruth to it and so far the croud has been more understanding of my act. I have seen the tooth marks on buildings from the ursa though. Its a tough act for me to follow." she winks.

She looks at some of the fireworks on display "I prefer having a good supplier to come to while on the road. I've had to make my own sometimes out on the farther parts of my tour, but the ingredients for bright colors and stars are a little hard to come by out there, so my act was not as spectacular as I hoped at those times."

Thunder Storm looked brightly at Bramble Berry. "Ok... just let me find some stuff here..." he said as he looked all around for what she wanted. "Ok... a few Safe-'n'-Sane assortments... some shells... few girandolas..." he muttered to himself as he rummaged through his stock. "...and some 500Gs, larger shells, comets, and mines." Placing the requested fireworks on the table, he looked at Bramble Berry. "Since it's your first time shopping here (and since I have too many of these to charge you), I'll also give you the DIY Fireworks Kit!" Placing the somewhat large box down on the ground, he grinned, then looked around. "Where's Pink-" He got stopped short when he turned around, seeing what looked like a 90o spread mine, and then hearing a loud explosion. "OH CELESTIA NO!" He turned around to Bramble Berry, saying quickly, "All these fireworks on the counter for you are free, and so is the DIY KIT! I gotta go!" Zooming out a window like a bat out of Everrfree, he went to the Ponyville Bomb Range. Massive chunks of clay the size of footballs were coming down consistently for a minute. "PINKIE!" He shouted when he didn't see the bright-eyed, hyperactive party pony anywhere.

Rainbow relized yelping. "What's going on there?" Rainbow Dash asked in surprise. Then, after moments of silence Rainbow relized the chunks of clay were falling. Rainbow Dash zoomed and tried to keep up with cleaning such a mess. After that, Rainbow Dash zoomed of to meet Thunder Storm over at the Bomb Range. "Hey... wait." "where is Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Thunder Storm noticed Rainbow tailing him, then saw a black heap giggling. "Pinkie, you are so random, NOT TO MENTION AN UNNATURAL DISASTER, A WANDERING EARTHQUAKE, A--" He quickly got shut up by Rainbow placing a hoof over his mouth. "Ok, shutting up now. But anyway, Pinkie, what did you do? I mean, I can see what you managed to do, but--" Pinkie quickly explained the situation to Storm, right up until she got to the styrofoam. "OK, Pinkie, Firework Rule #2 that you REALLY NEED to obey: Never put styrofoam in the bottom of your gun or in the shell's bottom end. Otherwise, THIS (Thunder Storm gestured with a hoof towards the chariot-size hole in the ground) will happen, because when styrofoam undergoes immense heat and pressure, it explodes, unlike the flammable clay, which just burns."

The AnA Brambleberry whinnies hppily as she sees the fine merchandice he found for her so quickly.

The magical mare ulps as the pegasus rushes off and tells her its free

"Oh my, now this I have got to see. Maybe I can help!"

She floats the fireworks outside and into a cart, then trots off after the pegasus to at east offer free tickets for her show that night, her cloak flapping in the breeze

Brambleberry skids to a stop at a blasted place set aside for explosions, seeing two pegasi crowded around a blackened and giggling pony. In fact, the crazy pink pony who had been striking sparks earlier. "Is there anything you three need help with?"

(ooc; should I return Brambleberry to the shop or bring the twins in? I think the crowd needs someone to hang with. ^_^

The magical mare gave a little bow "I came to see if there was any way I could help if I was needed. Also to at least offer free tickets to my show in thanks for the fireworks, Mr. Thunder Storm... umm is she all right?"