[Lakes] Nimbusgait Inn [Open]

holypony20

Tobias' wing was hurting a little today for some reason. He wasn't to worried because it would do that every now and then but it was hurting pretty bad now. He saw an Inn. nearby he started going towards it he was holding his left wing a little to try and ease the pain. He saw a Pegasus on the porch in front of the Inn. was probably the owner of the place. Tobias walked up to the stairs. "Excuse me but would you mind helping me into the Inn. please." He was still holding his wing in pain.

2cr0tmq.png

Sealight watched the stallion approach the inn, smiling to herself at the prospect of her first customer. As the pegasus approached, she noticed he had a slightly odd gait. As he got closer she realized he was favoring his wing, and that the wing in question seemed severely injured, though she was unsure how old the injury was. She turned toward him as he climbed the steps.

"Oh my, of course!" Sealight got to her feet and opened the door, nodding for the injured pegasus to go inside. She led him through the lobby into the common room, nodding toward an overstuffed chair. "You seem like you're in pain, is there anything I can get for you? Some water, or perhaps a bit of hay to snack on?" She stood at the ready, eager to help in any way she could.

Tobias could see the caring of this pony that she helped him into the Inn. and onto a chair. He also noticed that he was the first one there and could only have the assumption that she was the owner of this establishment. "Thank you but an ice pack would be fine. This is an old wound its just been acting up more then normal lately. Please dont concern yourself to much I don't want to be to much trouble." He really didn't want to be trouble and he didn't want to be the center of attention.

2cr0tmq.png

"Just a moment, dear," Sealight passed through the dining room into the kitchen and nosed into the freezer, pulling out a small block of ice and wrapping it in a dishtowel to carry back to her guest. She passed it to him and settled herself in the chair across from him, shuffling her wings as she settled into her seat. "I'm Sealight, and you're my first guest here. Are you just passing through, or do you think you'll be staying for a while."

"Well the thing is I was looking for a fun and good Inn. to settle down at for awhile so I might be staying for awhile. My name is Tobias and I'm a traveler. I saw your Inn from the road when my wing started hurting more then usual. I thought it looked like a great place to stay." He smiled holding the ice pack on his wing it feeling a lot better right now. He looked like he was a lot more relaxed and happy.

2cr0tmq.png

"That does look like it would get quite painful," Sealight observed, allowing herself to inspect his wing for a moment. It almost looked like there were teeth marks in the scar tissue. She tried not to think about what kind of monster would devour a pegasus' wing.

"Well," she sighed briefly, her usual soft smile returning. "I'd be happy to have you. The rate here 40 bits a night, but if you're staying long term and would like to pay weekly that drops to 30 a night. All eight rooms upstairs are open and you're welcome to your pick of them. I serve breakfast and dinner, no charge, and I'd be happy to serve lunch as well at your request. There's no need to rush into any of that check in nonsense, though, dear. You seem like you could use a good long sit-down." Sealight got to her feet and opened up the windows, allowing the cool afternoon breeze to drift in from the lake.

"So you say you're a traveler?" Sealight turned back toward Tobias. "Do you come through this way often?"

He noticed she examined his wing. "Ya I do now and again. Its a beautiful area I love the lake its a great lake. And the people around here can be a great bunch." He smiled as he watched her open windows. "I noticed you where examining my wing I don't mind telling you what happened. It reminds me of stuff I dont like to remember but I don't let it get me down anymore."

2cr0tmq.png

"Oh my, I'm relieved you didn't find my staring rude," Sealight chuckled, moving back to her seat across from the stallion. "I do love a good story, though, and if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear it." Sealight settled into her chair. She had loved listening to the sailor ponies tell stories of their sea adventures, and the dangers they encountered on the sea. From a young age she'd sat and listened to the crew of her father's ship trade scar stories, and the sea had seemed so rife with danger and thrills. By comparison, she'd grown to see the land as a much tamer and quieter environment. She had the feeling that impression was about to be shattered.

"Well it all started with me wanting to get into the Wonderbolts when I was in Junior Flight School. I graduated from the School and I was going to have my tryouts to get noticed for the Wonderbolts the next day. I was flying in the Everfree forest practicing my moves for the tryouts and I heard a pony screaming. I went to check it out and I noticed it was one of my good friends from the Junior Flight School. I told him to run while I distracted the Hydra that was chasing him. That was probably my biggest mistake because the Hydra bit off the part of my wing that is missing now. Well when the Hydra didn't want anything to do with me anymore it walked off. After it walked off I walked to somewhere safe while holding my wing because of the blood that was coming out and the pain. I then fell down and started to cry because of the whole part of my life that was just shattered in mere moments. When I got back to Ponyville the nurse stitched me up and then got the proud mentality that I have now. As long as I have my four hooves I can still go traveling the world. And that my story." He was a little sad of the memories but he didn't let it get him down still.

2cr0tmq.png

"Goodness!" Sealight exclaimed, picking her jaw up off the floor as the stallion finished. "Going up against a hydra on your own? And all to save a friend." She shook her head slowly. "You certainly do have more than your share of courage, and compassion. And what strength to keep on with your life! I'm honored to have you as my first guest."

Sealight got up out of her chair and nodded towards the staircase. "Would you like to see the rooms? Perhaps a nap will help you feel better."

Tobias bowed to the mare for her saying that she was honored to have him as her first guest. "Thank you that your honored to have me that's very nice of you. And I dont need a nap right now my wing is actually feeling a lot better because of you. I can stay down here and keep you company it seems there's not a lot of activitie here." He enjoyed the company of this mare she was very kind and fun to be around.

• 1 month later...

2cr0tmq.png

Sealight smiled, nodding in acknowledgement of the thanks.

"I'm afraid you're right about there not being much activity," she sighed softly, glancing toward the door. "Though I have only just opened." She shook her mane briefly and turned her attention back to Tobias. "Perhaps you'd like to join me for a stroll to the lake? I cannot go far, I need to listen for approaching guests, but the lake shore is very close, I'd be able to hear anyone coming quite easily."

Sealight got to her feet and stepped toward the doors to the back patio, nudging them open and taking a deep breath of fresh air. She looked back at Tobias, realizing he seemed very comfortable right where he was, and wondered just how rude it was of her to suggest a walk to a weary traveler. "You're welcome to stay and rest, of course, if you like, but I would enjoy your company."

"I didn't mean to disappoint you by my comment but it looks like there's not a lot of people. I think your right though because you just opened the Inn. there's not going to be a lot of ponies coming yet." He noticed that she was feeling bad for making him move after asking to go outside to the lake. He also was happy that she would be happy to have his company. "Oh dont worry I will come with you to keep you company." He smiled it seemed like there was a good friendship forming with the two ponies. He got up and walked to the door holding it open for Sealight.

• 2 weeks later...

A pony stood in front of a sign, his gray eyes examining the text as he read it out loud to himself in a somewhat tired voice, a half eaten apple floating next to him.

'Hmm, the Nimbusgait Inn…' Spades took a quick bite of his apple. '*crunch munch munch* I wonder if this is an inn. But most importantly, if this is an Inn, I wonder if they have spare rooms.' He chuckled a bit at his own silly joke as he raised one hoof and gingerly touched the sign, the smell of fresh paint reaching his nostrils a bit too late. 'Oh pony feathers. At least I didn't smudge it and, well, at least my hoof is white so it blends in. Plus, if this is fresh paint, then I can assume this Inn just opened and probably still has at least one room open… Ah yes, and the vacancy sign I missed confirms that.' His eyes suddenly migrated to the vacancy sign that hung below the freshly painted sign.

As Spades continued analyzing the sign he stood in front of, his ears perked as he heard some noises coming from the Inn itself. Turning his head, he saw some crimson colored pony holding open the door to the Inn. Floating the last bit of his apple into his mouth, he began to trot towards the porch of the Inn. Upon reaching the steps of the porch, he stopped suddenly as his horn glowed and his satchel's flap opened as a small white rectangular item with a Spade in the middle floated out and hovered only inches in front of him. Card ready, he continued up the stairs and stopped in front of the open door.

'Afternoon, my name is White Spade…' He floated the card towards the crimson colored Pegasus holding the door open as he introduced himself in a rather dull voice. 'Are you the proprietor of this Inn?'

2cr0tmq.png

Sealight smiled and nodded to Tobias, trotting through the door he held for her, stopping short at the sight of the unicorn before them.

"Well, it seems business may pick up a bit sooner than I thought!" Sealight laughed softly. "My name is Sealight, and I'm the proprietor here. It's a pleasure to met you, White Spade. This is Tobias, and he's a newly arrived guest here." Sealight nodded toward Tobias. "We were just about to take a walk to the lakeside, if you'd like to join us. I'd be happy to set you up with a room if you'd rather get a bit of rest, though."

Spades looked from Tobias over to Sealight and back again. Floating the white card back towards himself, he took it in his hooves and tore it half and looked at both Tobias and Sealight with a grin on his face as the hue in his eyes began to lightly change from a gray to a purple color. Holding each half of the card in a separate hoof, he immediately clapped them together once and pulled them apart to show two exact white cards with a black spade in the middle, instead of torn halves. His horn began to glow again and the two cards floated each towards Tobias and Sealight, inches from their faces.

Not wasting a minute, he immediately made his way between the two ponies and draped one arm over each of their shoulders, in a friendly embrace, and smiled as his now bright purple eyes set on Sealight. Removing the arm he had draped over Tobias, he reached around towards Sealight's opposite ear. 'Beautiful proprietor!...' He pulled his arm away from her ear to reveal a beautiful yellow flower, which he hoped she wouldn't notice he plucked from in front the Inn's sign. 'A beautiful flower to match! Well, a rose would be better but those are harder to pull from an ear… It's the thorns.' He set the flower in her hair.

Then, just as quickly as he had done this, he turned around to Tobias as he draped his arm over his shoulder again. 'Fellow guest!...' He reached around towards his opposite ear, just like he had done with Sealight and pulled it away with a chocolate bar. 'A Mareshey's chocolate bar! You look like you could use something sweet! You like chocolate right?' He set the chocolate bar on his head. "Hmm, yes, looks good on you! New fashion, very brash!"

Spades then quickly trotted back towards the spot on the porch where he had been standing earlier and looked at both Sealight and Tobias with a smile on his face as his purple eyes admired his work. 'Proprietor and guest! Allow me to re-introduce myself! I am White Spade, Magician extraordinaire!' He did a sudden bow, his horn stopping just short of hitting the floor.

After a second, he raised his head again and looked at the both of them, his eyes having returned to their neutral gray hue from before, and he let out a small smile as his gaze shifted towards Sealight. 'A very tired magician at that, but glad none the less to join you two for a stroll near the lakeside. But, if I may get checked in first and leave my satchel in my room, that would just be dandy.'

• 2 weeks later...

2cr0tmq.png

Sealight watched in amazement at this new pony's business card trick. Her eyes crossed and she pulled her head back a bit, trying to read the card he floated towards her. Realizing how silly she must look, she laughed and shook her head, pawing a hoof at the floorboards. She blushed a bit as the stallion tucked the flower into her hair, how nice of him to choose a shade that so beautifully matched the flowers planted by her sign... wait a minute...

Before she could gather that thought, though, Spades had her attention again. She held her foreleg against her mouth, stifling a giggle at the sight of Tobias balacing a candy bar on his head.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mr Spade," Sealight giggled. She turned to the crimson pegasus by her side, gesturing toward the chairs set up along the porch. "Tobias, feel free to have a seat while I get my new guest settled into his room, I'll return in just a moment."

"Follow me," she said to White Spade cheerfully, turning and leading him inside. She stepped behind the counter and flipped open her ledger, picking up a pencil and making a few brief notes. "I'll have both yourself and Tobias in lakeview rooms. You're the first two guests, so I'm setting you up with an empty room between you, just in case you keep differing sleep schedules, you needn't worry about disturbing one another. The rate is 40 bits per night, due at checkout, though if you're staying long term I offer a weekly rate to be paid up front that drops the fee to 30 bits per night. We can settle that after you've seen your room, though." Sealight flipped the ledger closed and lifted one of the keys off the set of hooks behind her, tucking it under her wing for the moment. She turned back to her guest with a smile. "This way, please."

Sealight stepped out from behind the counter and let the way to the second floor. Her first day in business was far from over and she was already setting up her second guest. She felt far more at ease about her investment in the old property. The room she chose for White Spade was painted a soft, sea blue, with stones and worn sea glass artfully arranged to catch the afternoon sun as it sparkled off the lake, clearly visible out of the large, clear windows. She unfurled her wing, dropping the key onto foot of the bed.

"Breakfast is at 8am, dinner at 6pm, and I'll gladly prepare lunch as well, so long as you have your request in at breakfast time," Sealight settled her wings, smiling proudly at her new guest, hoping her speech wasn't too overwhelming, and that it didn't sound overly rehearsed.

[ooc- holypony will be rejoining us shortly, I sent a PM earlier today]

[[ Hope you don't mind me chipping in, but I really need to get this character roleplaying... ]]

The waves seemed to be breathing in that sunny day, and the beings of the sea knew that Luna's moon was taking good care of the tides. There were no whirlpools or terrifying waves in sight, and it all lead a pony to believe that it would probably be a great day by the sea side. The waves roared when reaching for the beach, yes, but it was nothing compared to when heavy storms arrived and messed the whole bottom of the sea up. But this time, even Celestia's sun was bright but not too strong, and only by that sight a pony would smile wider than ever.

On a lonely corner, where a few rocks gathered and the sea seemed to only caress their tips, a purple head popped up. It came out very slowly, as if pacing with the sea waves. The being's mane floated over the waves, giving it an almost mythical appearance. The appearance of a being that only showed itself to the ones that deserved its presence. It walked among the earthlings, but at the same time, its house was back in the Equestrian oceans.

That being was Pearl Wishes.

The hippocamp mare had sensed heavy pony activity above her head and the head of many other sea animals, and her curiosity took the best of her. Her piercing yellow inquisitive eyes stared at the house above, that she wasn't sure about visiting or not. But since there were ponies above, she could give it a try at making new friends. Her purple mane and her pearly pink snout disappeared underwater soon after, giving place to a large and flowy tail coordinated at the edges. She had to give it a try. She just had to. Even if that implied a heavy ontrol over her primitive instincts, which she was now getting used to tame.Fortunately she had learned how to do that at a very young age.

She took a long time to reach for the land above, since she had to move along like a sea animal that could still walk on land. She had completely filled her lungs with the fresh air, even if she was able to breathe with her earthling half. She stopped when she caught sight of such a cozy house. And she had managed to read Inn. So that was why she felt so much activity! The new guests were probably arriving. She headed to the door, that she found open, without even thinking if there was ACTUALLY somepony inside. However, she took short moments to realize that she wasn't alone. She was about to open her mouth, when she found a red stallion taking a seat. He looked so comfortable. So... so... So!

When she caught sight of him, she took a few steps forward, heading for him, without even realizing she wasn't controlling her body anymore. Her eyes had now a powerful white glow, that didn't leave the stallion's own gaze for a second. She was getting closer and closer, though she was taking slow steps. And from her now open mouth, sweet words came out, directed to the red stallion, in order to sooth him down.

Spades followed Sealight into the Inn, up to the counter, and then up to the second floor as he listened intently to what she said about the rates and at the same time admired the interior of the Inn. Once she showed him his room, he stepped inside and went directly to the window to look outside. The room was very cozy and the view from the window was spectacular. The lake glistened with such clarity that it almost looked like somepony had laid a giant mirror on top to reflect the sky and the city of Cloudsdale above. Such a beautiful sight, it was almost impossible for Spades to pull his attention away as he listen to Sealight tell him about the meals offered at the Inn.

'Thank you very much Miss Sealight. This room is beautiful and the view is breath taking. If I may make a request for dinner though, just a simple salad will do me fine.' He returned the smile as he looked away from the window and made his way towards the bed. Reaching around his back to remove the satchel, he quickly placed it on the bed next to the key as his horn began to glow and the satchel's flap lifted. Multitude of small trinkets, boxes, clothing, and an exceptionally long string of tied handkerchiefs, far too many to fit in a satchel of that size, began to float out and arrange themselves on top of the bed. A round object floated out and landed a top a pillow with a loud 'pop' as it sprung up into a top hat.

'I'm sure it's here somewhere…' After a few more trinkets floated out, a pit purse with an exceptionally long corded loop finally surfaced and landed next to him on the bed. 'Ah, here we go. I think I will be staying…' He looked inside the bit purse. 'For two days, but might stay longer if business is good. Speaking of which, is there an area around here were vacationing ponies with a need for entertainment gather?" Spades kept smiling, although somewhat tiredly as he floated the key into the bit purse and then floated the corded loop around his neck.

As soon as the glow in his horn subsided, his top hat began 'coo-ing' and slowly made its way towards the end of the bed in front of where Sealight stood. 'Oh, right, do you take pets? Actually…' He perked his ears as he strained to listen to something. 'Do you hear something coming from outside your porch?'

Tobias took the chocalate bar off his head as they went inside. He smiled at Sealight. "Sure I'll make myself confortable." He decided to take a seat inside as he sat down. He then started to messaging his injured wing a little paying close attention to it so he could calm down the pain. He was facing away from the open door that led to the lake. He heard a soothing word from somewhere around him but he was too busy with his wing to look around. The words helped to sooth his paining wing. He sighed with relief at his now painless wing. He started to relax and lay down listening to the soothing talking not knowing where it comes from.

(sorry ponies if i hadnt posted for awhile and if this is so short but here it is. :blah: )

The beautiful Hippoccamp was now completely unable to control her own instincts, as they now drove her to something she wouldn't naturally do. Her eyes didn't stop glowing, while she kept saying meanless yet soothing words to the red stallion. She could sense him moving around quite a lot, which for her it meant he still wasn't focused on her. She approached even more from the spot where he was, and started to sing in order to catch his attention at once. Her hooves seemed to make the floor squeak a bit everytime she paced, but her tail wasn't heard at all. The scent of the ocean filled the inn even more than before, not the fish stentch expected from a sea creature. The Hippocamp was finally face to face to the red stallion, and she didn't even know his name. She was completely focused in calling his attention to the weird being she was.

2cr0tmq.png

"I'm so glad you like the room," Sealight began. "I'll be happy to serve salad for tonight's dinner. Do you have any pref...eren....ces...." Sealight trailed off, the hat catching her off guard. She stared for a moment, blinking hard and shaking her head to focus on Spades again.

"Well, the Inn is a bit of a wayside here," the mare shrugged apologetically. "It's not a far trot to Canterlot, though, or Ponyville. The lakes are beautiful, but surprisingly there's not much in the way... of..." She trailed off again, distracted, once more, by that hat. She watched it, tilting her chin up and away slowly as it edged closer. "Pets are... fine..."

Her ears flicked back, catching the faint song drifting in through the open door downstairs. She looked back over her shoulder. "I do hear something," Sealight said, wondering at her luck. Another guest already? She absolutely had chosen the perfect location for her inn if so many were dropping by on the first day. She turned back to Spades with a genuinely happy smile on her face.

"You'll have to excuse me, I'm going to go see what all that is about. Take your time getting settled in, and if you'd like to join myself and Tobias we'll either be on the porch or a short walk down by the lakeside." She nodded to Spades, casting one last suspicious look at the cooing hat before turning and heading out the door.

She trotted down the steps, ready to greet her latest visitor, but came to a grinding halt just above the last step. That smell! She closed her eyes, breathing deeply. Sweet ocean air, salty and cool, a hint of sand, sun, an offshore breeze. It smelled like home, and for a moment she was back at the lighthouse, out on the gallery, the wind lifting her mane from her neck as the sun set and her night's work began.

"There's new work now," she said quietly to herself, squaring her shoulders and heading for the porch.

Tobias flexed out his injured wing accidentally hitting someone as he turned around he saw a hippocamp that started to sing. He couldn't believe his eyes hes only seen one quickly in the water before it swam away. He didn't actually get to see it in detail only a silhouette. He moved his whole body around to look into her eyes. Her beautiful yellow eyes. He put a hoof out towards her mesmerized by her song. He couldn't describe why he didn't have control of his body but he didn't he got closer and closer to the hippocamp with his hoof. May the reason why was because she was so beautiful.

The sweet Hippocamp's song finally hit a high note, a pitch, and something connected inside of her head. Her eyes were still glowing, but at the same time she was going back to normal. The touch of that hoof was enough to make her brain recognize the world around her, and the glow on her eyes started to fade very slowly. She caught herself in front of the red stallion, that seemed to be fascinated by her appearance. She shook her head and blushed heavily. "Where am I? Oh? Oh please forgive me Sir, for anything I did!, she said, looking around at first, and then back at the red stallion, shaking her head once more to make sure she had returned to reality.

Tobias shook his own head breaking him back to his own reality. He saw the beautiful hippocamp still there. "Oh no its quite alright dont worry about it." He wondered why a hippocamp would be here at an inn instead of in the water. "So is there anything you need. I think the owner of the inn is busy right now." He can now add 1 to his list of hippocamps hes seen. It seemed this one wouldnt run away either. She seemed like she was interested to see ponies like him. "Um its nice to meet you my names Tobias Salil" He gave her a warm and inviting smile.