(Ponyville) Getting to know Ponyville (open)

bronyTom

Tomirite threw his saddle bag on the ground checking its contents. There was in it a magnifying glass, a book on different minerals, a shovel, several containers for sampling, tape, many different types of markers, and a map of the out lying area. "Good I have almost everything I need for this little excurtion into the outskirts." Tom started to trott toward the door before he relized he was missing some very key things for his exploration. "Oh no what if I get hungry or thirsty. I don't even know the lay out of the town. I just moved here." Tom franticly passed back and forth in his little hut, finally he stopped. "Well then Tom you will just have to look around the town and get to know it better. I'm sure somepony will help you out."

With that Tom left his little hut shutting the door on his way out. "Ok Tom here we go new town. HERE I COME PONYVILLE!!!" Tom bucked his legs into the air and trotted aimlessly into town. Not knowing were he was going Tom just began to wander the town aimlessly hoping somepony would come to his rescue.

please correct me if I did anything wrong here

• 3 weeks later...

oL9Za.png

(( Hi, I'm assuming you're getting lost in town? So I'll start my RP from there. ;-) ))

The Mayor was on her way back to Town Hall. She had just finished taking a quick Tea break at her favorite Cafe. The day had been slow so she hasn't been doing much and most of her work had already been done. She waved her hoof at familiar faces and greeted Ponies on her way back. However there was somepony that she did not recognize. The Mayor made it a point to know all the Ponies by name in town. This stallion looked like he was new in town and he seemed quite lost. She was always happy to see new Ponies in town so she trotted up to him and gave a warm Ponyville welcome.

"Hello there!" She smiled and reached for the hoof of the Stallion and began shaking it modestly. "Welcome to Ponyville! Are you new in town? Is there anything that you need or anything you'd like to know? I'm the Mayor of this little town and I do like meeting new Ponies like you. Are you passing by or visiting a relative or are you here for business?"

"Ahh, I'm really sorry!! It was unintentional" Geary panicked as the teenage colt rushed as fast as he could through ponyville, hopping that his legs would carry him far!! He had tried to test out his newest invention of creating a gem-crushing liquidfiyer that could take juice from within the gem, the kind that dragons seem to like and put it into a drinking form. He had finsihed, and was going offered free samples to see if it tasted good. Sadly, it tasted revolting to the ponies as a couple of them got angry and started to chase him! Now here he was, on the run and doing his best not to get caught so Celestia knows what would happen to him. "Darn it, what went wrong? Obviously, I should have removed the compounds within the liquid that made it acceptable for dragons so that it would be aceptable for ponies!! Stupid!! Stupid" he scolded himself as he rushed as fast as he could thorugh a large crowd. Not paying attention to where he was going; he whirled around as he collided with two ponies as he fell onto his back; seeing stars from the runing as he let out a loud groan. "Ugggg..make the world stop spinnning" he muttered.

(to mayor mare)

Tom looked up at the mare who had just greeted him. He was talking to the Mayor the Mayor! That was so cool. Tom smiled at the fact that such a high up figure in Ponyville politics would come and talk to him, it just went to show him the difference between his old home of Canterlot and the friendly ponies of this small town of Ponyville.

"Oh hi there. Well I am lost, but sorta on purpose. You see I am new to town, I was just sent here to do some exploration for my employer the Canterlot Royal Mining Company. I plan on moving in soon, but you see I was just about to treck into the outskirts when I realized I don't have any food or water for my exploration." Tom patted his canteen it was bone dry. "I was just wondering where I could go to get supplies? Oh my name is Tomirite by the way, but most just call me Tom." Tom grinned a large gin at the mayor he had a tendency to ramble on so he found that if he just shut his mouth and grinned he would stop talking long enough to not annoy the other pony he was talking to.

"Pleased to meet you Tomirite!" The Mayor extended her hoof and shook his. "I'm sure you can find all the supplies you need at our open market. They're near the center of town, right by the Town Hall. Shall I accompany you?"

No sooner than she had taken a few steps and pointed into the direction of the market another Stallion bumped into her. She was knocked off balance but got up in no time as she saw the other pony dazed. This was another new face. It was rare to meet two new ponies in a single day, and she thought that it must have been her lucky day, so she thought.

"Oh my are you alright? What was that all about?"

(to mayor and Geary)

Tom reached out to shake the mayors hoof. She didn't realize this but this was a bigger deal to him then she could imagine. This represented his new life, a life away from the snobby unicorns of Canterlot, and now he lived in a town where earth ponies where common, where he wouldn't be made fun of for being so adventures and loving the out door. Tom took the mayors hoof and shook it. "Thank you! It is a pleasure to meet. Oh I should...." Tom was cut off short by pony that seemed to just hurt himself.

After hearing the Mayors concern for the pony Tom also offered his help. "Hey, yea are you ok? Do you need any help at all." There wasn't much Tom could do to help the pony but it never hurt to offer right?

Geary moaned as his vision spun and whired, as he stared up gently at the two ponies staring down at him. Smiling lazily, he remarked "Huh, figured I crashed into two ponies not six" as he was seeing triple. SHaking his head, he shook off the weariness as he realized he was staring at the Mayor, and another pony that he didnt really know. Blushing intnestly, Geary got to his hoofs staggering as he remarked "No no, I'm alright. Just abit dizzy is all". Geting up, he remarked "Newest invention didnt go so well, and some ponies got mad so I had to run". Blushing, he said "Im really sorry for crashing into you Mayor, and..ahh..new pony". Smiling, he stuck out a hoof as he introduced himself shyly "Im a..Geary Mctwist, inventor". He figured being honest about his profession was the best way to get things started, and hopped neither of them were mad at him.

Sepia Veterinae looked behind him to check if Twitter was still perched on his back, it felt like they had been walking for what seemed like days. As Sepia looked at Twitter he received the same 'your lost aren't you look' he had been receiving for the last 2 hours. "No Tweets I'm not lost, I never have been and never will be. You know I once knew a pony who got lost and you know who that pony was? Well I'll tell you who, it wasn't me because I'm not lost" Sepia said frantically knowing full well that he had been lost for the better part of 2 hours and had most likely no chance of ever finding the inn he was staying at. 'Now judging by the angle of the sun, the direction of the cross breeze and the shape of the clouds I would judge us to be somewhere in Equestria' Sepia thought to himself pointlessly as he rounded another corner. Sepia felt a slight pecking on his head most likely from Twitter again "No Tweets for the last time we're not lost!" Sepia muttered loudly as he walked past a group of ponies.

(to Geary) "hey as long as your are all right... But umm do you mind if I ask what it is you made to get your self all hurt?" Tom was very curious to this because it looked like whatever he did make Might be usefull if made correct. Especially for his long expedition ahead of him.

Geary blushed as he explained himself. "WEll, I had went and created a new type of gem crusher; that could crush gem, and then liquify the juices within them into drinking form. Dragons are able to enjoy them, so I figured why not ponies? It was still experimental, so I gave free samples to the public". Lowering his head, he grumbled "Some of the compounds that made it pleaseing only for dragons were still witin the liquid, so it tasted awful to the ponies. They got mad, and started to chase me all over the place. Not alotta fun". Trying to stay opomistic, he remarked "Well, It just means I need to work hard to figure out what went wrong so that way I can get it right next time huh"? Looking at the new pony, he smiled "Your new here right, I can also help you out if you wanna know bit about ponyville; and it'd be nice to have a new friend". With that, he stuck his hoof out to shake Toms.

Sepia pulled up a map in front of him while he continued to walk in a last ditch effort to work out where he was, "hmm if I'm here ... no that doesn't make any sense" Sepia mumbled to himself as he continued to walk forward unaware of his surroundings. On his head though Twitter stood looking over the map seeing Sepia walking towards a group of ponies shaking hooves, Twitter wasted no time by quickly pecking at Sepia's head trying to get his attention of the incoming collision. "No Twitter I'm not lost for the last time, just misplaced" Sepia replied slightly annoyed as he continued walking towards the group of ponies. Twitter seeing no way to avoid the collision merely jumped off Sepia's back and waited for the carnage to ensue. "Ah ha I must be oof-" Sepia muttered before he was interrupted by walking into a group of ponies. Sepia opened his eyes to see the sky above him ... remembering what had just happened he quickly apologised "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I was just distracted and lost and distracted and lost" Sepia muttered quickly hoping the ponies he had just recently run into weren't part of the Pony Mafia.

(I want to apologies for last post it was way to short sorry for being late as well school caught up on me fast! This is a reply Geary)

Tom starred at the pony quizzically. In all of Toms studies of Geology he had never herd of the ability to liquify crystals, this puzzled him it didn't make sense. He took the ponies hoof shake. "Ummm if you don't mind me asking what 'gems' did you liquify? I'm a Geologist I have never herd of such a crazy thing as liquifying gems?" Tom didn't want to come off as rude so he added a little at the end. "I mean no offense by it I'm just curious."

Geary grinned, as he said "Non taken really. Well, I wouldnt say I liquid the gems it self. The gems I used are the flavor ones that draogns seem to enjoy. The minerals within the gems that gave it the taste that appleals to dragons, what I managed to do was create a something that could help extract the minerals into a liquid form that could hopefully be appleaing for ponies". Lowering his head in slight defeat, Geary remarked "Sadly, that wasnt the case with what had happened. And its really strange since Im usually very good at this sort of thing". Shrugging, he smiled "Ah well, I'll get it right next time".

Tom nicked the pony bro like in the shoulder with his hoof, and put on a big old smile. "Oh no worries I'm sure you will get it right next time." Before Tom went on he released that this pony probably knows a good place for gem hunting, and since it was Tom's job to look for valuable minerals he should probably ask the pony where he found his gems and take a careful note of the location. "Oh .... ummmm Hey if you wouldn't mind me asking where did you happen to find those. Well those gems? Do you have coordinates a map or anything?"

The Mayor facehoofed when Geary explained one of his contraptions to Tom. She had remembered the day when Geary arrived at Ponyville announcing his line of work. There were a few hiccups here and there but she didn't mind as long as he was sure that everything he did was safe.

"Are you sure you didn't blow up anything this time Geary?" She said with a concerned serious look. "If you were creating such a thing then why not ask Spike for his opinion. I'm sure he's more than happy to test your Gem Juicer. What made you think that Ponies would love drinking Gem Juice?"

The Mayor scolded him as if he were a little colt out of school and gave him a lecture he would remember their agreement. He could do anything as long as it doesn't cause too much trouble for the Ponyfolk.

"Don't worry, whoever is chasing you, I'll talk to them and apologize on your behalf."

Geary stared at the pony as he asked about where he had gotten his gems, as he put a hoof to his head as he tried his best to remember where he had gotten them. Smiling as he remembered, he commented "In some old ruins, outside of ponyville in the Everfree forest. The ruins led underground, and I went looking..found these gems all over the place within"!! Geray flinched at the mayors lecturing tone as he protested "Bu..but I thought I had gotten it right this time. I mean, it had been a long time since the last hight in my experiments. I thought the residents would like something new". Sighing, he said "Y..your right, I should have asked Spike instead, s..sorry". he apologized. .

Tom reached into his saddle bag and rummaged around for a bit with it. He thought to him self "Oh I know it is in here". Then his hoof was met by the oh so familiar prick of a quill, "There it is." He then took careful note of where Geary said he had found the Gems, making notes to him self along the way to invest in a map of the area. As he listened to the Mayor lecture Geary he couldn't help but ask the question. "Who is this Spike and why does he know so much about Gems?" Tom was very confused he thought he had met all the top ponies in Gem studies but he had never met this Spike before. Tom put away his notebook and quill. "I don't mean to be rude but I was just wondering who this Spike pony is I thought I had met all the great ponies out there who know about Gems. ButI have never met this Spike pony before."

The Mayor was quite surprised when Tom asked about who Spike was, then she realized that it was because he was a Dragon and he prolly knew about gems more than anypony else. Except, Rarity, who could very well find gems without difficulty.

"Spike is a personal assistant to Twilight Sparke." She said as she began to think. "You can find them in our Town's Library. He's a Dragon by the way."

"And about gems..." She continued. "You'll probably want to speak to Rarity. She knows a lot about gems more than anypony here in Ponyville. She uses them in her fashion gowns and dresses. She lives at Carousel Boutique. She's an upcoming and popular fashion designer in Equestria."

(Hope it's okay if I join! )

Beetle Bubble has been wandering about Ponyville for a few minutes now, He came back after a long time of traveling. It was nice to refresh the memories of when he was a young colt, with his friends. On the unicorn's horn was a bug, a rather large, red dragonfly perched at the tip, it was several inches long with big black eyes. It just stood there. Possibly an occasional buzzing of the wings.

Beetle, himself was an average black unicorn, a little taller, with a few golden stripes on his coat. His mane and tail were messy, and each had both gold and black coloring. He had a red saddlebag draped over his back. "It's been too long since I've last been here..." He says in a low tone, mainly to himself, his dark green eyes scanning over the various small structures and various ponies walking the streets. Walking past the group of ponies, he stopped, his head tilting slightly as he went into thought, dropping his rear end to the ground in order to sit, his right front hoof lifting to his chin. "If I can remember..." He said, once more in a quiet tone to himself, before a light rumbling comes from his stomach, this followed by a huff. "Quiet, you." He said to his stomach, before his horn began to glow a dark green, and a rolled up paper glowing the same color as his horn, levitating to the front of his face. It unrolled and was a list of food establishments around Ponyville. Of course when he made this list, was way back, new places could have opened up, old ones could have closed down. Blinking a few times as he stares at the list, humming lightly in thought.

Tom listened intensly to what the Mayor said. He once again jotted down on his handy dandy note book that he need to visit this Rarity, plus it couldn't hurt to get a new outfit. "Oh WOW a DRAGON!!! This town just gets better and better. I will now Have to visit this Rarity I cant wait to meat her!"

Having greeted the new Pony, she looked at the sun. It was well high in the sky and she thought it was nearing noon. She still had a lot of work to do so she excused herself and made her way.

"Oh my..." She said in a hurried tone. "I still need to finish some work and the day is going by. Anyway, Tom, if you need anything else, feel free to visit me at Town Hall. Well, I'm off then."

She trotted towards the Town Hall and looked back, waving her hoof at Tom, then went on her way.