[Shop] The Chocolate Moose, Candy Shop [Invite Only]

SKX

Chocolate came back down the stairs, setting his clipboard down on the table as he saw Mallow putting away several containers of various liquids. She had mentioned her original candy creations, he assumed that that was what they were for. "Already getting settled in, eh? Wonderful." He said with a smile. "I'm going to open up if you don't mind. No sense in keeping Ponyville waiting." He gave a nervous chuckle as he opened the door to the main room.

He hadn't thought about it before, but he was actually pretty nervous about opening this shop. Was this how his father had felt the first time he had opened his shop? He probably should've asked for advice before he left. He looked at the sign on the window, currently showing the word 'closed' outside. He took a deep breath. "Nothing to worry about, right Chocolate? Everything will be fine." He grinned as he flipped the sign to open. He waited for a moment, as if simply flipping the sign would destroy everything.

Needless to say, it didn't destroy everything. Carnation sighed, walking back behind the counter. He smiled as he pulled out another piece of chocolate and popped it into his mouth.

FizzyBanner.png

Today was going to be a great day! Fizzy hummed cheerfully to her self as she trotted with her face toward the sun, and only half looking where she was going. Her saddle bags thumped rhythmically against her sides and every now and then she'd make a few bubbles and watch them as the floated lazily away on the breeze. Just an absolute perfect day!

This town is terrific! Fizzy thought to her self as she wandered through town aimlessly. Of course, she'd thought that about every location she had passed through since leaving home. Especially the knoll out on the far edges of town last night. It had been clear and warm and the stars and were exceptionally bright! So she had decided to sleep out in the open rather then finding an inn at such a late hour. She liked the stars. 'Corse, she liked the sun too. . . Gosh. The sky is sure blue today.

*Thump*

Fizzy had been so busy taking in her surroundings that she had bumped right into a pole with a sign on it. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and stared up the sign. It read: "The Chocolate Moose. Candies and Confectioneries."

"Ooooooh! A candy shop!" Fizzy loved candy shops! They were always so bright and shiny, with all their colors and cute little candies sitting in bins! She bounced over to the window and pressed her face right up against the glass to get a good look inside. The lights were on, but there was nopony around. She smooshed her head closer, her horn taping the glass to get deeper look. It must be closed. She thought to her self and stepped back away from the window. Shame. It would have been fun to look around. Fizzy plopped her self on the ground under the window seal and looked around at the immediate area surrounding the store.

"Now What?" She supposed she should find an Inn to stay at until she could get a job, but she was also hungry. Maybe she should find a place to eat lunch.

Just then she heard the sound of a door jingle and some rustling coming behind from another window. There was a sign in that window. She hadn't noticed it before. Fizzy watched as somepony inside switched the sign over from 'Closed' to 'Open.'

Oh! The store's open! She waited a minute and pushed the door open to the candy shop.

"Hello." She called in a sing-song voice as she stepped inside. "You're open?"

Apple Mallow

Mallow was in the back of the kitchen, humming away to herself as she put away jugs and jars of the widest array of ingredients and extracts one could ever see!

"Hmmm hmmm hmmmmm... Okay! Vanilla extract... cupboard... ginger powder... cupboard... cherry concentrate... fridge... watermelon juice... fridge again... Banana mush... freezer..."

Mallow was in her element! Organizing her ingredients, making the kitchen her own as the gears in her little head churned away, already making plans for her first candies in the store! She had learned from her previous job to start small... ponies tend to get scared away from too weird of candies right off the bat. They need to be drawn in... learn to trust her tastes and experience to try wilder things!

She was just working on how exactly to get the fizz into her new fizzy watermelon and kiwi chews when she heard the door chime jingle, and a sweet, feminine voice call out. A customer?! Already?!

Putting down the jar in her hooves, she did a excited little loop-de-loop in mid air, flitting to the doorway. Just before she opened the door, she smoothed out her mane with her hooves, hoping to make a good first impression. In her excitement, she didn't notice her hooves were covered in a rainbow of different colored powders from her jars, and she ended up smearing her white hair with purple, blue and red!

"Hellooooooooooooooooooooo! Welcome to our brand-sparkly-new candy shop!" She sang out, smiling holding the door open. But in true Apple Mallow fashion... she did it while hovering upside-down, from the ceiling.

Way to make a good first impression.

FizzyBanner.png

Fizzy had been looking at the colt standing behind the counter when she had entered the store and startled slightly when the door to the back swung open revealing a rainbow-maned and up-side-down pegasus clinging to the ceiling.

"Hellooooooooooooooooooooo! Welcome to our brand-sparkly-new candy shop!"

Other ponies may have been put-off by the exuberant and absolutely absurd way she had just been greeted, but it didn't seem to phase Fizzy at all. Walking a few more paces to the center of the room, she turned her head and twisted her body an an angle to give herself the best right-side-up view of the pony as she could. The whole conversation probably looked ridiculous.

"Wowee! A brand new candy shop? Is this your grand opening?" She clopped her hooves on the tile in excitement. No wonder she could smell the scent of fresh paint mixing with the aroma of sugar and chocolate.

Twisting herself back into normal position, she took to wandering over to the glass cases and peering inside. Everything looked to good!

"This sure is great!" She chimed. "My new favorite shop. 'Corse. It's the only shop I've been into so far." She glanced up, grinning. "I'm new in town. My Name is Fizzy!"

Chocolate's face lit up as he heard the door open and looked at the blue pony who had opened it. A customer already? There was nothing to worry about after all. Now, all he had to do was make a good impression on this pony, and business would follow. He grinned, about to greet the pony when he heard the door open next to him. He looked over to see Mallow, floating upside down, with a colorful, messy mane, singing out to the customer. His eyes widened in fear. What was she doing? She was going to scare away the customer! He quickly turned to looked at the customer, who was completely unaffected Mallow's appearance. He tilted his head in confusion as the other pony came up, twisting her body, probably to get a better look.

The whole event was ridiculous. Was this kind of thing commonplace in Ponyville? He refocused on the blue pony a she excitedly asked if it was their grand opening. He shook of the look of confusion on his face and smiled warmly at her. "Why yes it is. You're the very first customer to the Chocolate Moose!" The other pony twisted back to normal, going over to one of the display cases. She said how great it was, then said it was her favorite candy shop. Her first candy shop or not, that was a success. She then introduced herself s fizzy. "Delighted to meet you, Fizzy. I'm Chocolate Specter." He gave a small bow, his top hat sliding forward. He then looked back up, pointing a hoof at Mallow. "The upside Pegasus here is my Chef, Mallow." Then, looking back at Fizzy, he smiled and said: "Since your my first customer, anything you want is on the house."

Apple Mallow

Mallow grinned broadly, flipping herself right way around and buzzing through the kitchen door. She fluttered right over the counter to land right in front of Fizzy, holding out a rainbow-powdered hoof for Fizzy to shake.

"My name is Mallow! I'm the new candy-maker in town. I'm nearly done putting away my supplies, so I haven't gotten a start on any new candies just yet." She said a bit apologetically, but then she brightened up as an idea popped into her head, just as Chocolate Specter mentioned the free candies.

"Yeah, I was just gonna say that! I still have a bunch of leftovers from my old workplace I took with me! I'll go get them right away!" She said, fluttering up into the air and flying towards the kitchen door.

((edited to fix - like a dummy I missed that Specter already allowed the free candies idea))

FizzyBanner.png

"Why yes it is. You're the very first customer to the Chocolate Moose!"

The very first customer! How exciting! Fizzy was a little surprised there wasn't any balloons or streamers. When a new shop opened in Trottingham there always seemed to be a lot of fanfare. She supposed this wasn't so here, maybe because there weren't as many shops to compete in Ponyville. How nice!

"Delighted to meet you, Fizzy. I'm Chocolate Specter."

"My name is Mallow."

"Hello Chocolate Specter. Hello Mallow. It's a pleasure to meet you". Fizzy was then sprinkled with offers for her to try not only the candy on display, but also special candy the candymaker had in back. Fizzy extended her own hoof and shook with Apple Mallow as she replied.

"Free candies?" Fizzy's eyes glittered in anticipation as she glanced between the two ponies. "Golly, you two are so nice! I don't even know where to start. What would either of you recommend?"

Apple Mallow

"WELL, what I recommend of course are my specialty, my fruit-flavoured marshmallows. Of course, while I do use sugar I try and use real fruit extracts to keep the natural flavor in my candies. So I can guarantee all of my candies are better than any you have tried before! I also have hard candies, soft candies, hard-and-soft candies, lollipops, caramels........"

Mallow's voice trailed off as she disappeared into the kitchen, where some loud crashes and rattles were heard from.

".............special blend of flavored candies too! I like to mix up odd flavours that ponies haven't heard of tasted yet! I do have classics, but my 'odd concoctions' as my sister calls them, are my favourites." She said as she reappeared, pushing along a large cart piled high with assorted candy bags, colorful boxes, and the odd random loose candy thrown on top. She seemed to not have stopped talking the whole time she was in the kitchen, not noticing that the two in the front of the store didn't hear the middle of her speech.

She wheeled it around the counter, stopping it in front of Fizzy. "Here, try your pick! Take as many as you want too, it won't take me long to fill she shelves once I get going with the candies! Oh, Boss, come try some for yourself too! You haven't tried any of my candies yet!"