Meetup Help.

MegaMare

Hi guys, I'm planning on trying to organize a meetup around the area where I love. Sadly I have never have done this before and was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what to show, plan, or organize in order to ensure that a meetup runs smoothly.

Thanks!

uhhhh...

I have very little experience with this, the only thing that I had any part in running was my local scouts when I was a patrol leader (one of the kids). I have heard some describe doing what you suggest is akin to herding cats. But, I will try to help.

:blush:

hehe... all the advice i can think of Boils down to one idea:

Don't expect things to go smoothly. It may rain, People might not turn up, Things may cancel, bookings may be lost. Try to see what obvious things may go wrong (Ie, if held outside, check weather report 24-48 hours ahead of time, contact people for change of location). Allow more time than you think you will need. If it takes you 5 min to walk somewhere, allow 10-15. People will happily talk to each other for a bit if it is too long.

Hopefully everything will go according to plan, But dont count on it. Good luck!

I have considered starting a local Brony Meetup with a friend, but I am not quite willing to broadcast myself quite that clearly. I live in a small town. So small in fact, that if you search for all the meetups in my town, they almost fit on one page. I work with lots of local professionals and I don't want this to effect my career.

Well, i was planning on something similar, starting up a group in my area on Facebook or something and meet up every so often. I'm thinking just get some details planned out, when and where mostly, and try to find a pony outlet to advertise, like EQD or Ponibuuro or something... get some contact info from people and figure out who's coming.