[Ponyville] The Morning Routine [Open]

Xiee

oL9Za.png

The sun had barely risen and everything was still quiet. The early birds were already chirping but that didn't quite break the silence. It was early in the morning and only a few Ponies were usually already up at this hour. The newspaper delivery filly already had began her rounds, leaving today's paper at the doorways and mailboxes of Ponies' houses. A few delivery Ponies were unloading supplies from carriages into the marketplace. Fresh produce, daily necessities and other trinkets that Ponies may need were hauled into shops and stalls. The train station began to come alive as Engineer Ponies did routine inspections on the engine, passenger and cargo cars. They made sure that the train was in tiptop shape before the first trip of the day.

All the while, a lone figure could be seen walking along the town's main road. She was on a slow trot, occasionally stopping to breathe in the fresh cold morning air that was laden with the scent of moist grass. It was a pleasing smell that could keep the mind at ease. The Mayor was doing one of her early morning walks. Whenever the previous day's work at Town Hall been stressful, she usually went to bed early so she could get up early the next morning for a walk. This was her way of clearing her mind as she re-focused herself for the day's task ahead.

She made her way into the middle of town, passing by the marketplace where the delivery ponies were. They had just about finished unloading their produce when the Mayor had passed by. Good mornings were exchanged between the Mayor and the delivery Ponies. She bid them a good day, a job well done and went on her way. She then made her way into one of the Cafes near Town Hall. This particular Cafe had always opened early to serve breakfast. The waiter Pony had led her to one of her favorite spots at one of the outdoor tables. She had ordered the same thing everyday, so it was not necessary for the waiter Pony to ask what she wanted. It was automatic. She prefered her coffee sweet, strong and with a lot of milk. This was accompanied with buttered toast and dabble of strawberry jelly. She nibbled on it, careful not to eat it all up in one go, but to enjoy it by taking little bites. Today's paper was also on the table, she picked it up and scanned for anything interesting on the front page.

The Sun was almost up and the sky was clear with very little cloud cover. She could immediately tell that this was going to be a fine and swell day for Ponyville and it's citizens. It was mornings like these that drove her to work harder. It was mornings like these that made her feel alive. And it was mornings like these that gave her time to think.

En Garde slowly turned the spoon in his cup, mixing the liquid inside followed by light clinks as the spoon collided with the sides of the glass. A warm breeze rolled through and past him, blowing his mane and tail about ever so slightly causing them to wave with the wind. The breeze felt like that of home now rather then the breeze of a vacation spot. He took a deep breath in with a satisfied look on his face. The air was decorated with many scents; there was the food of the cafe, the coffee, the smell of fresh bread, and of course the scent of flowers carried by the breeze. It was these kind of small-things that made En Garde happy to finally be a citizen of Ponyville.

This was his first morning as an official citizen of Ponyville, and he was spending it as he would in Canterlot with a nice cup of coffee to start his day. He took a slow drink of it, allowing the warmth and caffeine to slowly coax his body to wake up and get active. A short sigh escape him as the cup was lowered back to the table. His eyes were closed, allowing him to concentrate on the noises and scents around him. The sounds of ponies working to set their stalls up, the sounds of the birds whistling and chirping, and even the noise of friendly ponies stopping to talk to complete strangers, all of these sounds were so foreign to him yet they brought him so much joy. "Perhaps I was born in Canterlot, but I am indeed a Ponyville pony at heart," he said to himself as he followed his sentence with a light chuckle.

He noticed a pony reading what seemed to be the newspaper. Being new, he hadn't been added to the route yet and as such was left paper-less for the day. He was only interested in one part though, so he decided to speak up. At first he was a tad nervous, speaking to a stranger was always a bit odd to him. The thoughts of all the friendly ponies around encouraged him though, "Excuse me," he said, his Canterlot accent was still heavy in his voice, "Would you happen to know the weather for the day? I'm a new addition to the town and as such have been left paperless!" He let out another chuckle, trying to sound warm and friendly.

It is the lot of a schoolteacher to always be the first one in and last one out of a classroom, and today is no different.

Cheerilee got out of bed at sun up as she always had for the past few years. Brushed her teeth and tidied her mane, all the while thinking scattered thoughts on her lesson plan for the day.

Closing the door behind her, Cheerilee would normally have been her usual bright and perky self, but somehow today felt different.

"I must be getting old. Maybe some strong coffee will do the trick" she mused as she headed to the cafe.

It was after a few sips that the fog that had been addling her mind lifted partially and she finally noticed that the mayor had been sitting at a table outside the cafe, and an unknown stallion was approaching her.

"I wonder what he wants" she thought carrying her half empty coffee cup in her mouth carefully and trotting up to the pair

(OOC: I'll put a pic of coffee cup she's carrying up later)

Today's news didn't seem to catch any of her interest.vShe put the paper down and nibbed on her strawberry-buttered toast. Taking another sip of coffee, she had noticed from the corner of her eye that a stallion had approached her. She made it a point to personally know everypony in town, but this stallion was someone she had not met before. He was probably a traveller passing by or visiting a relative in Ponyville.

"Excuse me," "Would you happen to know the weather for the day? I'm a new addition to the town and as such have been left paperless!"

He clearly wasn't from Ponyville, his Canterlot accent gave him away. Judging from what he said, it seemed that he had just moved to Ponyville recently. This was an opportunity for the Mayor to get to know this new pony to town.

"Oh, I think it will be a clear sunny day." She replied enthusiastically. "I'm sure the weather team had scheduled it for today."

"So you're new in town? It's always a pleasure to meet new Ponies who decide to settle in this quaint little town... Oh! Where are my manners? Here I am blabbering about without even knowing your name. I'm Mayor Gray. I'm the Mayor of Ponyville, and you are?"

No sooner than she had introduced herself, Cherilee had strated trotting up her table. She smiled and waved a hoof at her.

En Garde blinked twice rapidly as his mind began to register what was just dais to him. If he wasn't mistaken, this pony had just stated that she was the mayor of Ponyville. He had no idea what to do in this situation, the closest thing he could fathom to do was to kneel before her as if she was a princess, as that was all that was taught to him as he grew up. He knew that wasn't the method to go about it though, she wasn't royalty, but she sure was an important pony in this town, he was sure of that. Then again, she looked rather friendly to him. She wasn't surrounded by other important ponies like important ponies of Canterlot. No, instead she was alone, having a nice cup of coffee. She seemed so... Normal.

"My name is En Garde, Ms. Mayor," He said, placing a hoof to his chest, "And yes, I'm quite new. I just recently moved from Canterlot yesterday." The more he talked about his recent arrival, the more he thought about the boxes back in his new home which remained packed, he would definitely need to get around to that later. "I must say though, meeting the mayor of Ponyville wasn't exactly on my 'To-Do' list today," He chuckled to himself. The mayor waved to a pony in the distance, and En Garde's reflexes caused him to turn his head, looking to see who the pony is. Of course, there would be no way of him knowing as he knew none of the ponies here save for the mayor who he had just recently met. "And likewise mayor, it's an honor to meet the mayor of such a warm village. Though, the new lifestyle will take some getting used to." Even now he could still feel the aura of Canterlot around him, it made him feel like a sore thumb, a stand-out.

Cheerilee gave a wink in acknowledgment of the Mayor's wave and set her cup down on the table.

"Good Morning Mayor Mare!" she greeted the Mayor with her usual chirpiness. Then turning to the other stallion, she stretched out a hoof in greeting

"Hi! I've never seen you around before. I'm Cheerilee. I'm the schoolteacher here"

"Good morning Cherilee!" She smiled as she greeted her. "It sure is quite unusual to see you this early in the morning, but nevertheless, more company at breakfast is always a good thing."

The Mayor finished her coffee as she let Cherilee and En Garde finish thier introductions. Making mental notes, she wanted to make En Garde feel at home. Maybe ask Pinkie Pie to throw one of her parties? No, that would be too messy to clean up later. How about Twilight give one of her speeches? No, that might bore the new Pony and besides, Twilight always had a busy schedule. She kept on thinking about how to make the new Pony welcome until she got lost in her thoughts, all the while Cherilee and En Garde had been talking.

En Garde turned to the new pony who had just arrived, she introduced herself as Cheerilee. Her personality sure did seem to match her name as she seemed to carry a feeling of joy with her as she approached. En garde couldn't help but find himself giving a wide grin back to her, "Good morning Cheerilee, my name is En Garde," He put a hoof to his chest, "The reason I'm such a stranger is because I moved her just yesterday." He chuckled lightly, the welcoming was only from two people but it was quite a warm welcoming to say the least.

"You say you're a teacher? Quite a fine line of work if you ask me." He nodded as he spoke. He took a final drink of his coffee, finishing the glass off and setting it back down on the table. "Ah, nothing like a good cup of coffee to get one moving," He laughed again and the laughter faded into a sigh of relief. His eyes drifted up to the sky, looking toward the position of the sun, "Suppose I should finish unpacking," He said as his gaze fell back to the two mares, "It's been a great honor, and pleasure, to meet you miss Mayor, and you as well Cheerilee. Perhaps we shall run into each other again in the future, yes?" He tilted his head as he finished his sentence with another warm smile. "Au revoir!" He called to the two before trotting off. The daunting task ahead of him was just enough to overpower the cheery attitude that Cheerile had given him and he sighed to himself.

(( Sorry for leaving so early, but I'm not entirely sure how active I'll be for the next few days. To be safe, I'll go ahead and pull myself out as not to hold anything up. Ta ta for now! ))

(( This RP is currently on pause, Lordbrony and I decided to wait until someone decides to join us. To anyone reading this feel free to drop in, though I may have to make this CLOSED when we reach 4 players. Thanks! ))