Story: Rainbow, Feedback requested

Windwright

Wanting to get impressions on this as a starting point for something I wanna turn into a fully fledged AU/What-if fic.

-==================================================================-

It's tough bein' a colt around here. Everypony expects you to be brave and tough, and haul things around for a living, but that's just not me! It's never been me, and it never will be. I'm all about speed, style, and...uh...speed! I don't have time to be dragging stuff around behind me, and I definitely don't want to.

So when I was really little, I decided 'enough is enough', and have been telling other ponies I'm a filly ever since. Worked like a charm, and now nopony makes me pull anything I don't want to. So bottom line? I. Win. Only...now I'm not so sure it was a good idea.

See, everypony thinks I'm a mare now, which is great, but I've started having these...feelings about other colts and stallions. At first I was able to just ignore them, but lately I've had to keep running to hide by myself for a while to get rid of them without letting on that I'm a colt. And I keep getting scared that now that I have friends, they'll all hate me for telling them I'm a filly if they find out I'm not! And I don't even want to think about what's going to happen if someone I LIKE like finds out.

Like the other day, I was down at Sweet Apple Acres practicing my triple loopy-spin Dash-Flash, when this cute colt started watching from the ground. He was cheering, but the look on his face wasn't NEARLY interested enough. So I pulled out all the stops and hit him with my best tricks, which REALLY floored him. After I land, we start talking for a while and I start to like this guy, only he's heard of me so he thinks I'm a filly and it shows.

So after a few minutes, he says "So what's a cute filly like you doing for dinner later?" I can tell he's interested, and I like him too, but there's no way I can go to dinner with him while he thinks I'm a filly, but it's not like I can just TELL him and expect him to be okay with it, or to keep it secret.

Lucky for me, Applejack butted in and gave me the opening I needed to get out of there, but I still don't know what to do about it next time. Anyway, I gotta get going, there's a race in a few minutes, and I'm due at the finish line!