[Ponyville]The Travelling Artist.[Open to everypony]

Frosty

It was early morning in Equestria, with the sun starting to peek over the mountains and into Ponyville, signalling another beautiful day. Most ponies would still be asleep in the town with the Whitetail Forest being just as silent except for the lonely sounds of trotting and a cart being pulled echo through the forest. Moondusk would sigh softly as he broke through the forest line and into a hilly meadow as his cart rattled behind him, the blue unicorn horn would glow as he lifted a map out from his sack and looked out into the town from the top of the hill.

"Finally the next town... Ponyville huh? Seems like a nice place to live..."Sighed Moondusk as he stopped his cart just outside of Ponyville, uncoupling himself and moving to set up his cart. He would pull out canvases, paint, pencils and a few easels, setting up a small display of his artwork before looking up to the sky, taking a deep breath as he looked up at the morning sky.

"Ok Moondusk, you can do this... take a deep breath and start selling your artwork.. You need to earn some bits.. "he would sigh softly, taking deep breaths and closing his eyes, making sure to relax and not get so stressed but he wasn't attention to his surrounding. By the time he had finshed setting up his shop, it would be morning with everypony starting their daily routines.

"What a beautiful day"Artbeat neighed to Artemis her pet ferret"perfect for painting."Although you would never guess,with her messy ponytail and the only thing that was even close to make up were some light smudges of paint on her face,she was from Canterlot a fact that was given away by her slight accent.Searching for a good spot to paint she spotted Moondusk's shop, her curiosity got the best of her and she shyly approached the stallion,all thoughts of painting momentarily forgotten.

Moondusk continued to take deep breaths as he didn't notice the mare, mainly because of having his eyes closed but she could see all his artwork, painted with love and care. There was a painting of the seaside of Hoofington on a beautiful sunset in the background, Another picture was a meadow in the daylight, with farms in the distance and grass that look like you could eat it. Moondusk would continue taking deep breaths before he opened his eyes and nodded, turning around and jumping abit at the mare.

"O-Oh...Umm...hi....you didn't hear me talking to myself?" Moondusk chuckled abit with his cheeks abit red with embarrassment, looking down to the ground, thinking he already made a fool of himself today.

Moondusk gave alittle sigh of relief as he turned his attention to his Hoofington picture and nodded, smiling abit as he moved over to the painting."Well Thank you, I wish everyone thought that about my work."Moondusk chuckled then sighed as he moved a canvas, revealing a photograph of a family of unicorn's as he adjusted himself, trying not to look or sound homesick.

"Hoofington is my home town, so that would be one of the first pictures I painted before I went on the roads. It is a lovely town to vist, especially in summer, when the water feel's perfect."He smiled as he yawned abit, as he had stayed up all night, just to get to the Ponyville today. He would blink and cover his mouth with his hoof.

"Oh please, exuse me.. I just spend the whole night getting here through Whitetail forest and I guess sleep starting to catch up with me."Moondusk chuckled, trying to stop from yawning again.

"Don't worry I don't mind"Artbeat replied"You speak fondly of your home,I wish I could speak of my home like that"she sighed and her head drooped slightly,memories of the teasing and shunning came flooding back"But I shouldn't bother you with stuff like that"she added quickly and gave a weak smile"So how long will you be staying in Ponyville?"

Moondusk smiled but he seem to notice the all too familar face as as he moved to sit down on the stool, with a blank canvas sitting on an easel."It wasn't all fond memories, I had alot of bad ones... but anywho... it's in the past."He would look around, pulling out a pencil from one of the draws using his magic before taking it in his hoof. "I plan to stay two week unless I really get attached to this town, then might stay from four to six weeks before moving on to Canterlot...Hmm" he would tap his chin with his hoof, before he started to draw lines on the canvas.

Moondusk would blink as she took out some bits, tapping his chin with his hoof in thought, trying to think up a decent price as he would smile softly, getting up and picking the picture of Hoofington."Hmm How about 5 bits? is that good enough?"he smiled as he handed it to her as he accepted the bits if she agreed to it, putting it in a chest, with a happy sigh, feeling happy about selling one of his painting.

Moondusk smiled warmly and used his magic to put away the chest back into his cart before bowing his head in gratitude."No, Thank you, because of you, now I have enough bits to buy a few new supplies and even maybe enough leftover to buy a few more apples or cherries, I'm kinda running out." He chuckled to himself before he sat back down on his chair, taking out a pencil and sketching on the canvas, consistily looking over the canvas to one of the building in Ponyville.

"I also take requests and commissions, so if you something speical, I can paint it...Oh, your going... Well it was nice speaking to you too..and good luck with your paintings, Miss."Moondusk smiled warmly as he had noticed the paint smudges early, smiply connected the dots as he continued sketching, using his magic to pull out all sort of tools, drawing lines and shapes, erasing, adding details.

Moondusk smiled and yawned once again, as the sleepless night was getting to him once again."And you can call me Moondusk, See ya around, Miss Artbeat."he would neigh softly as he went back to his work, looking at the hanging clock in his cart then back down to his stomach, as it growled lightly, he got up and walked over to his cart, opening a few draws, looking for something as he sighed.

"Well I guess I better do my shopping now..."he mumbled to himself as he closed up his cart, placing a sign on the hook with had small cartoony picture of himself in the right hand corner which said in bold black letters, be back soon.

Moondusk would take his bit chest, placing into his carrying sack and wander into Ponyville, looking around for shops but for all his luck, he would get lost, without a clue of where he was going."Ok let's see...did I just come that way or didn't I?... "he would look around, confused with his surroundings as he lowed his head in dismay.

oL9Za.png

The Mayor was making her usual rounds of the town. Greeting shop owners, homeowners and Ponies on the main path leading to the town hall. She did this on a regular basis. Talking and asking the citizens if there were any pressing issues that she needed to know. This particular day, something new caught her eyes. It was a cart that seemed to be filled with artwork. Clearly it belonged to somepony she hadn't met yet. She knew every enterprising Pony that sold wares in Ponyville so she could tell right away that this cart belonged to a newcomer she had not met yet. She noticed the closed sign so that would have meant that the owner of the cart must have taken a break. She knew all too well that the Pony however he/she was might have probably headed for the marketplace near the center of town so that was her destination as well. She kept her eyes open to make sure she caught the newcomer among the Ponies she had already recognized. It shouldn't be too hard to spot a new face, so she thought.

Moondusk stopped just in slight of The Mayor, the unicorn looking around with a puzzled look across his face which followed with a sigh. "Ok, I've already been here, I went that direction and came back here...so if I turn here and go that way, I should hopefully get to the shopping district."spoke softly to himself as he turned his head, his horn glowing a light color, lifting a slip of paper from his sack and hovering it just infront of his face. He rubbed his eyes abit, still abit tired from the journey that it took to get him to Ponyville. He would stand there, studying the list he had infront of his face, not really taking in his surrounding or the fact if anyone was looking at him.

It didn't take long before the Mayor spotted the new Stallion Unicorn. He was holding a bit of paper and looking around uneasily. It looked like he was lost and could need a little help. She trotted up to him with a smile and introduced herself.

"Hello there!" She reached out her hoof to shake his. "It's always a pleasure to see new Ponies. Are you new in town? I think I saw your cart back there with the artwork. It's yours right? Oh, where are my manners, I'm the Mayor and welcome to Ponyville! Let me show you around town. It seems that you need a little help here from what I can tell."

He continued to stare at the paper of paper, untill he heard The Mayor voice, which made him jump abit. Moondusk would quickly slip the sheet of paper back into his sack.

"Hello."he said with abit of a soft voice as he took her hoof, shaking it softly."Yes, I just arrived this morning..and yes that's my cart, I'm a travelling artist."he spoke lightly before he blinked, abit surprised that he was talking to the Mayor."O-oh, Thank you Miss Mayor, My name is Moondusk Brush, a pleasure to meet you and well... I don't want to be a bother but I seem to be abit lost, this is the first big town that I've seen since my hometown of Hoofington.. I need to find the markets to buy some supplies and learn a little about this lovely looking town, if that's ok with you Miss Mayor?"

The Mayor could see Moondusk blushing as he spoke. She could tell right away that he was a gentle stallion, a little shy but nonetheless well educated from the tone of his voice. She continued to smile as he spoke and swore that he almost sounded a bit like Fluttershy.

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine." She joyfully replied and toned down to not make him uncomfortable any further. "I'd be happy to accompany you to the marketplace. It's just on it's way back to Town Hall and I don't mind the extra company."

"It's always wonderful to see new Ponies in town. We may not be the best town but we try to make everypony feel at home. I'm sure you'd find all the supplies that you need. Now, shall we?"

She pointed her hoof into the direction of the market motioning for him to walk alongside her. All the while she kept her smile on the uneasy Unicorn.

Moondusk gave a soft warm hearted smile."W-well I wouldn't want to bother you, but since your offering... it would be rude not to accept."he politely nodded before he started to follow alongside the Mayor, taking in the sights as they go.

"Y-you really do have such a lovely town, I've only been here a few hours yet I get the same feeling as my home."Smiling as he follow close alongside her, starting to open up and speak more as he took a deep inhale."And the air, it's so clean... I'm normally so used to the salty air of the seaside."he smiled as he took another inhale as a soft gust of wind blew some pollen across his nose, which made him sneeze lightly. "E-excuse me...”

The two began to walk down the main road of the town. The Mayor had greeted some ponies along the way saying good morning's and how do you do's. She kept her attention on Moondusk who was now opening up a bit.

"I'm glad you like it here." She said as she proudly pointed her hoof in the air. "I make it a point to know everypony by name. It makes it easy for me to tend to their concerns. Oh wait here a moment."

They finally arrived at the open market. The Mayor greeted the Ponies in their stands and carts shaking their hooves and saying a few casual greetings. With the formalities done, she casually trotted to the middle of the marketplace and made an announcement.

"Good day everypony!" She said in a clear audible loud voice. "We have a visitor today. I'm pleased to introduce to you Moondusk! He's not from around here so please make him feel at home. He also has needs some supplies. Perhaps everypony could help him out?"

With her short speech done, everypony clapped their hooves and greeted Moondusk.

Moondusk would remain slient as she greeted and listen to other ponies before he would continue to follow alongside her as they headed along the main road.

"Well I just hope everything goes smoothly now and I might kept coming back."He said as he watched her put her hoof up, he could help but smile and nodded as he waited, looking around the market's, he could see some of the things need by looking around.

He would watch the Mayor as she went around greeting every pony at their stalls and carts as he stood still, before she moved the center of the marketplace to make an annoucement. Nearly every pony stopped what they were doing and turned to face her as everything went slient.

Moondusk would listen intendly but once he heard his name and everypony attention was on him, he froze up as his shy nature came crashing back down on him. He had never really been the centre of attention of a crowd before, let alone one this big. It wasn't long before all the ponies would come up to him, he shook their hoofs with a nervious face.

"H-Hello..E-everypony..."he said in a soft voice.

Lightning Blaze slowly descended towards Ponyville as he saw a crowd forming.

"I wonder what's going on" he thought. Thankfully he had a few days of vacation from school allowing him to venture outside of Cloudsdale. As he landed, he saw a rather nervous looking pony standing at the front facing the crowd.

"He looks interesting, I think I'll go meet him." With that he slowly moved towards the front and stuck out his hoof.

"Hi! My name is Lightning Blaze, pleasure to meet you!" He looked at the pony and eagerly waited for a response.

After everypony had greeted Moondusk, the Mayor had decided to deal with her unfinished business at town hall. As the crowd of Ponies cleared, she made her way beside Moondusk.

"Well, I have some work to finish up on." She said as she looked at sun rising high in the sky. "You enjoy your shopping and I'll get back to you later maybe during lunch? Let's meet back here and I'll treat you to lunch at one of our cafe's in town."

With that settled, she trotted off to her office at Town Hall.

Moondusk would be greeted by a lot of ponies at once, he was just as nervous as ever as he shaked their hoofs, soon reaching for Lightning blaze hoof and shaking it softly."H-Hello, Lightning Blaze. My name is Moondusk, a pleasure to meet you."he would give a nervous smile as soon every pony started going their separate ways.

"I-I wish you would of gave me a little warning before you did that, Miss Mayor.."he would sigh before giving a soft smile."Well that does sound great, and I can repay you with a painting."he gave a soft smile and chuckle before he raised his hoof, waving goodbye as she trotted away, leaving him to his shopping.

Moondusk would trot all over the market, buying everything that was on his list from Lamp Oil to herbs and berries before he finally manage to find his way back to his cart, sighing happily as he reopened his stall and put everything it's place before he pulled out a blank canvas and easel. The blue unicorn would start drawing up a sketch for his latest painting, taking a quick look to see if anypony was around.

(( Lightning Blaze, I believe it's your turn to post, unless you haven't noticed my segway to let you and Moondusk get to know each other. If you guys are done, then I'll proceed to lunch. ))