[Ponyville]The Travelling Artist.[Open to everypony]

Frosty

"Nice to meet you too Moondusk!" Lightning Blaze gave a hearty smile. Suddenly his smile turned into a frown then a look of shock washed over his face.

"Oh no! I'm supposed to meet up with my dad for lunch! Sorry Moondusk, but I have to go. Hope we see each other again! Bye!" Lightning Blaze spread his wings and flew off as fast as they could take him. He took one last glance back down at Moondusk, watching him as he bought various goods from the market and began to set up his canvas to begin a new drawing.

(( Uh, okay ))

Lunch had come and the Mayor made her way to the Cafe near town hall. This had been her favorite place to go to. The waiter perfectly knew where she would be seated. It was one of the tables outside. The waiter pony asked what she would want to have today. She replied that she was waiting for somepony to meet with her so she would take the order later, but would love to have some coffee while she waited. She asked for today's paper to read while she waited. Catching up on the news around Equestria as she sipped her coffee.

"Hello Miss Mayor..."Came a soft familar voice from behind before coming into view and seated himself on the other side of the table. "T-Thank you for inviting me to have lunch with you, how can I honestly repay you for all you've done for me?"He would smile as the waiter would come back and asked for their order. Moondusk would replied with asking for a small bowl of cherries and a cup of coffee before the waiter turned his attention to the mayor, asking what she wanted this fine day.

"Why its nothing." She replied with a smile. "It's a small town, so the Ponies here tend to get all neighborly."

Moondusk had finally arrived. She put her paper down and took one last sip of her coffee. The waiter pony then trotted towards them as she greeted Moondusk. He was prepared to take their order. The Mayor ordered her usual lunch on days such as this. Tossed salad and a slice of sweet Apple Pie for dessert. She also noted Moondusk's order as the waiter nodded.

"By the way, its on me. You don't need to pay. So about your artwork, I was thinking of getting one myself to hang in my office. If you have anything depicting the countryside or something similar I'd love to see it. Any suggestions?"

"Well it's puts me a bit at ease that everypony is so kind."he replied with a happy grin.

When the waiter pony came back with his bowl of cherries and his cup of tea, Moondusk would use his magic levitate a cherry and pop it in his mouth, sighing happily with delight. "Sweet and juicy, just right and that apple pie look amazing, the apples around here must be something." he smiled as he took a small sip of his tea.

"Thank you for being so kind, and I might get some apple pie after theses cherries."he replied before his face beam with joy at the mention of a painting as he got a bit excited as he raised his hoof in thought." I think I got something that might fit the ticket, I've just finished a painting before I came to lunch. It's a landscape picture of the countryside with Ponyville in the distance. Will that work or I could simply paint you something original?"he smiled as he took another sip of his tea.

"Well the Apples here are the best Apples you could find in all of Equestria." She proudly said with a dignified pose. "The Apple Family has had a farm every since Ponyville was founded. It was also the sole reason why this town came into existence. They're renowned for their Zap Apple Jam. It was a small business that turned into something big. Ponies later settled near the farm and eventually it became Ponyville."

The Mayor nuzzled and nommed on the greens in her salad as she continued on about the history of Ponyville. Moondusk seemed amazed at hearing that the Apples were responsible for the birth of this lovely little town. The Mayor grinned and kept it hidden as she burried her muzzle into the salad bowl. She always loved talking about Ponyville to new Ponies and anyone else who visited. It was in her hopes to get the word out to lure in tourists as well since the town's coffers needed replenishing from time to time.

"So about the painting. I'd love to see it after we're done with lunch. I think it would just right about suit my office. A picture of the town's countryside would be superb!"

"Well I guess I just have to try the apple pie now, just to see just how great they are."he replied as he took another cherry and flung it into his mouth and swallowing as he listen to the history of Ponyville. Moondusk would call the waiter pony back and asked if he could have a small slice of apple pie before he turned his attention back at the Mayor.

"Oh before I forget, I need to ask you something. If my artwork doesn’t sell well enough, I might have to start taking odd jobs or a part-time job around town, is a notice board in Ponyville that has job offers?"he asked as he finished his tea, before the waiter came back with his pie.

"And sure, I happily show you it after lunch."He smiled as he took a bite out of the pie, his eyes widen with amazement."Wow... This is the best apple pie I've ever tasted..."he would finish the pie quickly, grinning happily with delight. he would spend the rest of his time, finishing his small bowl of cherries.

The Mayor had just about finished her salad when the question of work came about. She thought to herself for a moment if there was any when she remembered the bulletin board right by the town hall where ponies posted notices and event posters.

"There's a bulletin board right outside the entrance of Town Hall." She said as she began to eat some apple pie. "Ponies use it to post notices, events and even job postings. Perhaps you could take a look at that. There's also another notice board at the center of the market place where all the ads are placed. From time to time, somepony posts a few job ads on it."

She nibbled on her apple pie and drank some water and continued on with the conversation.

"And I wouldn't worry about your paintings not selling." She confidently added. "Though we may be a small town, a lot of the residents appreciate fine art. Besides, you're probably one of the few to have a business like this in town and it won't go unnoticed. Word travels fast and if one Pony likes your art, they'll definitely tell a friend."

Moondusk would taking another bite of the apple pie, just adoring the sweet taste before he listen, taking note of where he will find both boards before he gave a light chuckle." Well that very kind of you to say Miss Mayor but I have a long journey ahead of me, and it doesn’t hurt to have a little more bits then normal."He smiled as he finished his apple pie before he took a deep satisfied sigh.

"Beside I want to help the town someway or another, and I'm sure travelling ponies would love to hear about this place."he smiled as he waited for the mayor to finish her pie before he would stand, stretching his body a bit.

"Well, when your finished. We can head back to my cart and I show you this painting?"he smiled happily, he had really opened up now, able to speak his mind a bit more easily.

The Mayor had called the attention of the waiter and paid for the bill for both their meals. After a hearty lunch, she thought that it was about time to see the painting and continue on with her work at the Town Hall.

"That sounds like a good idea." She said as she tipped the waiter. "Let's go about seeing that painting shall we?"

The two walked out and headed to Moondusk's cart. The Mayor waited as he set things to order and searched through his cart for the said painting.

Moondusk would wait just outside the cafe, staring into space before he snapped back into reality, nodding as he smiled softly at the mayor."Ok, if I remember correctly, my cart should be this way..."he raised his hoof and pointed in the direction, testing his memory of the town.

When they finally reached the cart on the very edge of Ponyville."Ok I should have it here."he would trot up to the cart, opening the doors and sticking his head inside. If one was to look inside they would see lots of things, Paint jars, easels, blank canvas, A clock hanging on one of the doors, a sleeping bag and tent but by far the interesting things were held up in the back, A white beret, a small framed picture and two painting hiding in the back, behind everything else. "Oh here it is, should be dry by now." he hummed as he used his magic to lift it out for the mayor to see.

The picture showed the countryside with rolling hills, sweet apple acres and Ponyville in the distance. The colours were so clear and the detail was spot on, right down to the grass and building. "So tell me what you think? Will this do or would you prefer something more original?"He canted his head to the side, curiously awaiting her answer.

"Oh this is just lovely!" The Mayor clopped her hooves together. "This should look pretty in my office, right behind my desk. I'll take it. How many bits do I owe you?"

The Mayor was glad that she had met this Pony. Having a painting of the town she loved right there in her office would always remind her why she was here. She was here because of the nice laid back scenery of the town. The loving Ponies who cared for one another. The beautiful apple orchard that made the town famous. And not to mention current prestige of the town as it is the current residence of the elements of harmony, Twilight and her friends. She knew she had to work harder, and this painting was just the thing that would instill her with daily inspiration.

Moondusk would raise his hoof in thought before a smile came across his face."Since you showed me the town, treated me to lunch and actually manage to make me feel so welcome...free of charge!"he smiled as he would use his magic to wrap the painting up."If you want, I can take it to your office right now?"he asked as he wrapped the artwork in wrapping paper.

The weather over the course of the day was starting to change, the nice sunny day was starting to overcome with dark rain clouds as the weather pegasi moved them into position. A raindrop hit Moondusk on the nose as he looked up at the dark clouds and sighed. "Great...Rain...excuse me, Miss Mayor..." he would sighed as he would pull out his tent and sleeping bag with his magic, setting it under the shade of a tree. He wasn't honestly thinking of sleeping out in the rain, in a tent was he?"Now would you like me to take it to your office now or later?"

"Oh no..." The Mayor shrugged. "I must pay you. Teating you for lunch and showing you around is just part of Ponyville hospitality. I demand to pay for your painting. Now how much?"

The Mayor had forgotten that the Pegasus were supposed to schedule a mild drizzle today. It would last until the evening to make up for the mixed up schedule of sunshine all week. She knew that she had to get the painting to the office right away.

"Let's hurry to the office shall we?"

With that, they trotted hurriedly into town hall. The rain barely starting.

Moondusk would nod in defeat as he would bend over into his cart and pulled out a small chest, he would open it and hold it out for the Mayor. "Hmm t-ten bits then? Does that sound reasonable?"He asked with a slight canted head.

When the bits were given and stored back in his cart, he would quickly close everything, Moondusk was racing against the clock as he locked everything up and put the painting in his saddle back, using his magic.

"Y-yes, please lead the way."

He would follow close behind the Mayor, trotting along the ground as the rain started to pour gentle at first. little by little the rain started to hit both the pony as they quickly moved to the Mayor office, trying to avoid getting wet at all.

The rain had lasted until almost evening. During that time, the Mayor had Moondusk stay at the lounge at the Town Hall. Having paid for the painting, it was placed in her office right behind her desk beside the window. Satisfied, she continued on her chat with Moondusk.

"If you need a place to stay for the night, you might want to head over to one of our inns. There's one right beside the cafe we went to earlier." She continued. "As for me, I just need to finish reviewing a few reports and sign a few papers. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask, I'm always here at the Town Hall, except when I'm doing my rounds of course."

Moondusk would help set up the painting, making sure to have placed it right. He would give a soft smile as his body filled with warmth, knowing one of his painting has found a home. He would spend the rest of the rain laying on the lounge as he explained to the mayor, how he had came straight from Hoofington and through the WhiteTail forest.

When the rain finally stopped and the even sun was starting to set, he would gather up his things."Thanks for the surggestion but I;ll be fine for one night, and I look into getting into an Inn tomorrow, Besides... The best nights are normally after a storm."he chuckled softly to himself as he looked outside at the muddy ground." Yea, I might see you around."He would trot up to the front door before he would turn around and bowed his head to the Mayor.

"Thank you...for everything."he would raise his head and gave a soft smile before he would exit the Mayor office and back onto the streets of Ponyville.