Story can be found HERE. The first draft can be found on FiMFiction.net under the user name Dio. Rated 18+ just in case because of minor mention of blood.

This is my personal spin on the old human in Equestria story, inspired partially by The Grey. Because it's a snippet of a planned, larger work, there is little characterization and dialogue; instead the drive of the piece comes from dramatic tension and action. I did my best to abstract away the military jargon so that it didn't break the pacing.

I'm particularly proud of this piece because it is what got me out of a writing slump. I dare say that I may be able to get this onto Equestria Daily with some time and effort in revisions. I want some feedback and ratings on the story here on Canterlot.com just so I can gauge this community's response to my work. I've already borne quite a few critical remarks on FiMFiction for it, so don't be afraid to lend a critical eye.

Those bronies here who know military stuff, PLEASE give it a read and let me know if I messed up any of the weapon, weapon function, or gear descriptions. To some people, I might have an encyclopedic knowledge of such things, but I'm not perfect, as FiMFiction's denizens have let me know.

But enough rambling. Happy reading!