What do I do now?

featherquill

I'm going crazy and I don't know who else to turn to for advice, so I'm going to all of you.

My boyfriend and I live about 30 minutes apart. Normally, this isn't a problem. But recently his car broke down and it looks like it can't be fixed. Without a car, we can't get together. So 30 minutes can now feel like 300 miles.

We agreed to try and see each other at least once a week, but it all depends on the whims of whoever he borrows a car from. And even then, once a week is a big change from us seeing each other almost daily. There's always Skype and we already constantly text, but it's not the same.

I don't know how to deal with this. I'm not really good with change, and this is just such an abrupt one that it's killing me.

I'm sorry about this, this must really suck. Check the bus systems, or perhaps if you have a car, you can drive to see him? I don't want to sound callous or anything but there are a lot of girls who won't even see their boyfriends even once a week because of the military. Cheer up ^__^ soon this will pass and he will get a new car.

It could be worse, sweetie.

Guest EoLPinkie

My first relationship was long-distance, across five states. We only got together once every 3 months if we were lucky :blush: Be happy! At least you have a special somepony that lives close! It'll fix itself soon enough :D

I wish I had more to say, this kept me entertained :sad:

*Sweetie-scoots away*

My advice is take it in stride.

Things will always happen that are out of your control. Do what you can to work around it or fix it, and work with your boyfriend.

After you get past this and grow from it, you'll look back and laugh in retrospect (though this is only my experience).

I do hope everything works out for you though.