[Solstice Heights] The Discovery Of Friendship [Open]

PonyHooves

Inkblot suddenly came to the realization of the situation. He felt so dumb for not realizing it in the first place. He had played a large part in this pony's life...and leaving would be hard. Hard for both of them.

"Wait..." He said, still sitting.

Ink took a deep breath, and then turned directly to Whisper.

"Maybe...I shouldn't act so quickly....Maybe...I could...just stay here for some time more. I'm sure that...some chores can wait for awhile."

Inkblot smiled.

Meanwhile Corvus kept his eyes fixed on the black pegasus. Ink thought that maybe his pet har realized it too.

"You'll stay for a little while more..." Whisperpaw replied feeling a sudden sense of relief. "I know your doing this for me and I'm greatful." He started to smile in return. The owl that had been snoozing on his perch woke up. He flapped his wings and rose up into the air. After a few minutes of flight, he landed on Whisperpaw's head. Whisperpaw looked up and let out a soft chuckle. "I've raised this owl ever since the day I found him starved to death and at the age where he couldn't fly. He's a little silly sometimes and likes my head!" He whispered while laughing at the tawny owl which was hooting softly.

Inkblot smiled softly.

"It's a very nice owl indeed...Your story reminds me of how I met Inkblot here."

Ink stopped momentarily.

"But, of course, I wouldn't want to interrupt you."

After Ink finished, Corvus arose and flew near the owl. Hovering in the air gently, the raven studied the owl intently. He then returned to his little perch near where Inkblot sat.

"Your too kind..." Whisperpaw replied. The owl that had cleverly perched his self upon Whispwerpaw's head, hooted calmly while watching Corvus with some form of fascination about the bird before him. "I raised him up and made him strong again. When he was old enough, I tried to release him back into the wild on several occasions. But he kept returning to me." He explained. "After a while I decided that he would leave forever when he was ready. He's been with me for a long time and still I haven't named him."

"Sure you can help." Whisperpaw replied. He handed a letter to the owl. The owl carefully held it in his beak. "Take this letter to my aunt and when you return, you can go and hunt for your next meal." Whisperpaw told the owl. The unicorn opened a window. The owl flew out of the window off to deliver the letter. Whisperpaw then closed the window. "Sorry about that... I trained him to deliver letters to my aunt."

"What an interesting talent! Owls usually aren't that...cooperative. Nevertheless, It would be my pleasure to name him."

Inkblot close his eyes for a second, trying to determine all of the possibilities for a name.

"Of course! Yes! I have it! Why not name it 'Epistola'? In a language of old, it means letter."

After saying thus, Inkblot suddenly stopped. This whole time he was talking he had forgotten about the cut from the badger. But, to be honest, the pain had almost gone away completely. And of course, now wasn't the best time to bring it up. Now was a time to be friendly.

(OOC: Epistola means Letter in Latin ;))

"Usually about six or seven... Sometimes it can go as high a thirteen." He replied with a smile "Anyway, I really do need to release these squirrels back into the wild. They're healthy now and I shouldn't keep them away from their homes." Whisperpaw opened the door. The squirrels seemed to instantly know what to do. They calmly scurried out of the door and up the nearest tree. Whisperpaw closed the door and smiled. A few moments later he heard a pecking on the window. Epistola had returned. Whisperpaw opened the window. Epistola was holding a package He flew inside and dropped the package infront of Whisperpaw. "Thank you... A promise is a promise. You may hunt now." Whisperpaw told him. Epistol flew out of the window once more.