Lux's Pony Pics

Lux

hi hi

One of the tricks I do when I want to get the proportions right is I make a separate layer and just draw circles and things for the basic shapes. Then I can reduce that layer's opacity (gimp can do that too I'm pretty sure.) so it sort of fades out. Then I make another layer on top of that and start sketching in details. Keep making layers and fading the old ones a bit until it starts to look like a pony. Then I put my colors down on top of that as a guide. :)

that advice. Actually I hand draw the sketch, scan it, and then trace it on GIMP. Although I haven't drawn an art from scratch on GIMP, I can try that. Usually for layers I have the sketch which I delete when I'm done doing the line art, a line art layer, a color layer, and a shadowing layer. Sometimes below the line art layer I have a background layer.

• 3 weeks later...

Art update!

Well I'm going to be starting on drawing again. I have some pony art ready for GIMP. One thing though I need to work on is expressions. Any advice?

Also, I'm trying to work on my anthro art. The trick is melding the humand aspects with the anthro aspect. The animal part I think I'm ok with, but the human part looks too blocky. I need to somehow fix it to make it more flowing. Granted, I'm not out to make a realistic image. My art I want to border on cartoony. But I still want to look like the art can just jump off the page and say "hi."

Anypony know good references for human anatomy?